Please make a modded y510p BIOS based on 74CN44WW V3.05

benny

Wow, that's really nice... o.O

Are you already on 3.05? Because the information posted here (http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5394-y510p-bios-3-05-error-280-failed-disable-write-protection-bios-space.html) tells me that it might be impossible to flash a modified bios if you're already on a 3.xx version.

Wow, that's really nice... o.O

Are you already on 3.05? Because the information posted here (http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5394-y510p-bios-3-05-error-280-failed-disable-write-protection-bios-space.html) tells me that it might be impossible to flash a modified bios if you're already on a 3.xx version.

Yes my Y510P is already on 3.05.

Did you try flashing the stock v2.07?

I also have a Lenovo Ideapad y510p, bios version 3.05 I am attaching a link to the backup files (bios.bin, and screenshot) from fptw64.

Would love to try a better wireless card. All I would need is whitelist removal. The original bios file is not on Lenovo's website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzuskwsedo..._y510p_v305.7z

Hi!

I have found one chance to replace the WiFi in our y510p. In hardware maintenance manual (official from Lenovo) are list of compatible adapters with FRU from Lenovo.

Hardware Maintenance Manual - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p

There are three cards with 2x2 antenna:

BCM4352 AC

BCM4322 Dual Band

AR9462 (aka WB222)

I'm call to Lenovo Support in Poland without success (they say bla bla bla)

Then i'm call to authorized repair center RAMSERWIS.PL in Warsaw and they told me that:

BCM4352 AC it's not available now and don't know that card will available.

BCM4322 Dual Band it's possible to order (2-4 weeks) - price 285PLN -> 92$ it's very expensive but it's work

AR9462 (aka WB222) it's possible to order (2-4 weeks) - price 285PLN -> 92$ it's very expensive but it's work

Above adapters have the same FRU like FRU in hardware maintenance manual :D

Probably i order one of them and i forget about bios mod 3.05 because probably it isn't possible to flash with flash protect.

Thanks to @benny it should be possible to downgrade the bios to v2.07 and then it will be possible to flash a modified version. I will take a look at this tomorrow when I get the chance.

Thanks to @benny it should be possible to downgrade the bios to v2.07 and then it will be possible to flash a modified version. I will take a look at this tomorrow when I get the chance.

Thank you. Did the files I sent look ok?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzuskwsedofzgop/Fptw64_backup_results_y510p_v305.7z

I will need instructions too.

I am looking for further guidance on my issue. Lenovo y510p, whitelist removal or addition of Lenovo FRU: 04W3814 Intel 7260ac to existing whitelist.

This card is used on Thinkpads and does work. Can you add this to whitelist please. Would make many members happy.

BIOS 3.05 74CN44ww,

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&SUBSYS_42708086&REV_4B

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&SUBSYS_42708086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_08B2&CC_0280

I have received error 280 on the flash programs you sent me.

Please help!

I am curious if you can provide more information or a direct link to the post where this user talks about downgrading the bios to v2.07.

I also have a y510p system that I recently purchased and unfortunately it came stock with the v3.05 bios. I have a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Mini-PCI card that I would love to put into this computer; however, I am hoping someone can provide more information on how to get this chip to work with my computer with the current BIOS. As I mentioned in my last post, I would be interested in downgrading it to v2.07. I am just wondering where that information is provided.

Also, I understand that Lenovo updated their bios to block these modifications, but are there any bugs or problems with the older bios versions that were fixed with the v3.xx? Is it even worth it to downgrade and get the better wifi chip installed if my system will potentially just run into any buggy issues? I doubt there would be many problems once I get the drivers all sorted out, but just want to confirm with the community.

Thanks

I have the same issue, bought a Y510P, it came with V3.05 Bios Stock. I have a Dual Band 7260 but it won't accept the card without flashing or downgrading it down to v2.07 and then running the fixes on this forum. I'm not sure what to do either.

Right. I've sent someone some files but I never got any reply so far, but it should work anyway:

Downgrade to bios v2.07 by using the attached file. It flashes from within Windows. Make sure AC and battery are connected. Before proceeding to the flash go to the bios and enable bios flashback and make sure you have secure boot disabled.

Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].zip

• Thumbs Up 25

Right. I've sent someone some files but I never got any reply so far, but it should work anyway:

Downgrade to bios v2.07 by using the attached file. It flashes from within Windows. Make sure AC and battery are connected. Before proceeding to the flash go to the bios and enable bios flashback and make sure you have secure boot disabled.

So is it possible to downgrade to v2.07 first and then flash a modified v3.05?

Maybe, but I can't tell for sure. The 3.05 has a different EC firmware. There are some things we could test, if you're interested let me know, but I won't be able to guarantee that it will work... might cause issues.

Hi! Thank you for cooperating :) It's work as well... :) Could you tell me one thing?! How you dump the 2.07 with EC and else parts of BIOS?? With FPT or maybe you became this BIOS from Lenovo Service/Support and then mod?? What you mod with orginal BIOS or there is only mod with *.ini file in Igor Pavlov Flashtool and untouched BIOS??

Sorry for my English

Not sure about dumping the EC, InsydeFlash is apparently used to flash it. Since I have no system that uses Insyde firmware I'm not sure whether it allows to flash the EC only, probably yes... but not sure whether it works in this case.

I can write a tool allows to dump the whole uefi firmware, but I don't see any need for this.

Maybe, but I can't tell for sure. The 3.05 has a different EC firmware. There are some things we could test, if you're interested let me know, but I won't be able to guarantee that it will work... might cause issues.

Sure, I'm willing to test it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, great to hear that it looks like 3.05 is downgradeable - I actually just gave away the 7260AC card I ordered to someone who had another Y410p with a 2.x version of the BIOS, but looks like there is hope for me yet. Will try it on mine as soon as I can get a few posts in here, I guess.