GX60 performance on Battlefield 4

raiz07

i guess it depends on the model that you're gonna get. i have a GT70 with 675mx and I can get an average of about 50fps on high (only textures on ultra), which is perfectly playable. still wanna push that a little further tho :D

i suggest you get the one with 7970M tho. If you're gonna be playing a lot of BF4 then I guess mantle can be really handy. CPU shouldn't be a problem anymore after mantle patch, and you should be able to squeeze out a little more FPS

I got the first model AMD 7970m with A10-4600m. I'm a little concerned with the playable since I bought BF3 before and I could only squeeze out around 30-35 fps in 64 map.

Crackerz what's the ave. fps with ultra in 64 maps?

I got the first model AMD 7970m with A10-4600m. I'm a little concerned with the playable since I bought BF3 before and I could only squeeze out around 30-35 fps in 64 map.

Crackerz what's the ave. fps with ultra in 64 maps?

your CPU is the bottleneck. 7970m is capable of way more than that :D you'll get even lower frame rates in BF4 until the mantle updates.

your CPU is the bottleneck. 7970m is capable of way more than that :D you'll get even lower frame rates in BF4 until the mantle updates.

Yeah CPU is really the problem here will be upgrading to 5750m to add additional cpu power although it won't be that substantial (10-20% increase). Most likely Mantle will be delayed since DICE is focusing on the console bugs right now :|

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I have a gx70 and get over 60fps on titanfall maxed settings. In battlefield 4 I struggle to get 30 fps in busy multiplayergames.how to check if mantle is on

you can see that in video settings on the very top.

Important to say, its not a miracle, although it does improve performance a bit, its nothing huge. The worst thing is, that it doesnt look so good as it does on DX11.

You can find some comparison screenshots.

The problem with the GX60 is that MSI paired a high end gpu with one of the most abysmal laptop cpus that had the misfortune of simply existing. The weak cpu will give you a lot of trouble in even medium cpu intensive games like bf4. Even lowering the graphic settings will not help much since it is not the gpu which is struggling, oh no, the 8970m has plenty of power. All that lowering the settings is going to do is make lighten your gpu load. Your cpu will still be strangling itself at 100%.

well define weak laptop CPU.

sure it depends on whats the minimum framerate you need for playing, but I was able to get bf4 run on 1080p high + ultra textures on i7 720qm + gtx675M.

Framerate never drops below 35 which is pretty much playable for such an old hardware, even on 64player maps.

btw, gx60 has 3rd gen core i if Im not mistaken.

2nd gen i7 2630qm is not a bottleneck for 7970m

well define weak laptop CPU.

sure it depends on whats the minimum framerate you need for playing, but I was able to get bf4 run on 1080p high + ultra textures on i7 720qm + gtx675M.

Framerate never drops below 35 which is pretty much playable for such an old hardware, even on 64player maps.

btw, gx60 has 3rd gen core i if Im not mistaken.

2nd gen i7 2630qm is not a bottleneck for 7970m

GX60 has a weak amd processor paired with a 7970m/ 8970m.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a gx60 and get over 33fps on bf4 maxed settings.Same even for you?

Thats the problem a peak of 33 fps is not fast enough. I get over 60 on all other games.

Even when I reduce my settings my game hovers at 30 FPS