Y500 Bluetooth

savas

Hello.

I have this thing with bluetooth. I think it is mad.... I struggled a lot to bind my Razer orochi mouse, and sometimes it still does not work. I cant find all the bluetooth devices that are on (my phone finds them perfectly) what is wrong with my bluetooth? i have upgraded the bios btw. Please help, i nee that Bluetooth for my keyboard and my mouse

It has probably been answered elsewhere, but since we're on the topic of crappy bluetooth support on this laptop, has anyone tried swapping the default Wifi module for the Intel 7260 with BT? Does it solve any problems? I'm planning to put the 7260 into my laptop (mainly for ac), and although I don't care much for BT, it would be nice if it actually worked.

It has probably been answered elsewhere, but since we're on the topic of crappy bluetooth support on this laptop, has anyone tried swapping the default Wifi module for the Intel 7260 with BT? Does it solve any problems? I'm planning to put the 7260 into my laptop (mainly for ac), and although I don't care much for BT, it would be nice if it actually worked.

Yes the Bluetooth issue is well-known and has been beaten to death. Unfortunately, there is so no known solution so everyone is just dealing with it. I recall reading that someone swapped out the default Intel 2230 for the AC 7260 and the Bluetooth problem was still there. :(

i noticed that when i installed the drivers, the bluetooth switch ON/OFF appeared in the settings, but when i restarter the pc it dissapeared. It makes me think that the pc kills the drivers. WTF? how and why?

Well that's the million dollar question, isn't it? Try uninstalling the Intel Bluetooth driver and using the generic Microsoft one that came with the OS. I know for a fact that it doesn't suffer from the same problems, but your Bluetooth devices might not work properly without the Intel driver.

i always install Atheros drivers in order fo my bluetooth to work (the stangest part is that the pc does nor lose the devices that were bind to it) but after any reboot or sleep bluetooth just shows me his middle finger :?

Well that's the million dollar question, isn't it? Try uninstalling the Intel Bluetooth driver and using the generic Microsoft one that came with the OS. I know for a fact that it doesn't suffer from the same problems, but your Bluetooth devices might not work properly without the Intel driver.

I have actually deleted the BT driver that comes with the computer and let Windows install generic drivers. That makes BT stuff connectable, but since BT completely disappears after the laptop awakens from sleep, it's quite useless. Or maybe I should learn to switch off laptop every night since I use an SSD...

I have actually deleted the BT driver that comes with the computer and let Windows install generic drivers. That makes BT stuff connectable, but since BT completely disappears after the laptop awakens from sleep, it's quite useless. Or maybe I should learn to switch off laptop every night since I use an SSD...

Really? When I did a clean install of Windows 8, my Bluetooth was fine before installing any drivers. It was only after I installed the Intel driver that it started disappearing after sleep, hibernate, and Hybrid Shutdown.

Really? When I did a clean install of Windows 8, my Bluetooth was fine before installing any drivers. It was only after I installed the Intel driver that it started disappearing after sleep, hibernate, and Hybrid Shutdown.

So does that indicate that Lenovo has done something to Windows in such a way that once Intel drivers are installed, stuff completely breaks down unrecoverably unless clean install?

I find bluetooth and wifi won't work upon booting the computer after it was off; it always works after a restart. It never works after sleep. I wonder if it is the POS 2230. Did anyone try another adapter that works as it should?

I find bluetooth and wifi won't work upon booting the computer after it was off; it always works after a restart. It never works after sleep. I wonder if it is the POS 2230. Did anyone try another adapter that works as it should?

Yep this is the exact problem all of us have been experiencing.

I just noticed, that my bluetooth stopped working properly after updating bios from 1.03 to 2.02 and then to modified 2.04 one. Before that everything was running fine with intel drivers (switching on/off, bluetooth working after sleep/hibernating). Now it's really annoying. Are there any changes in Windows 8.1?

• 2 months later...

Hello, the treath is quite old now, but, i reinstalled my PC with the recovery key (my y500 came with preinstalled windows 8) because i decided to update mine to 8.1 (wich was a huge mistake) and when i did that I instaled only the video and touchpad drivers, no intel or bluethooth drivers, and now my bluetooth works (i have installed the moded bios before) restarting the pc, bluetooth works but if you put PC to sleep it dissapears. Y500 is using black magic, magic in this world is a miracle, but for this Y500 magic I say F*%$ YOU LENOVO

Yeah connecting my wireless beats to the laptop is such a pain.. I don't even bother going through the trouble anymore. I feel like keeping the bluetooth enabled screws with my wireless internet connection too. Keeps dropping every 10 minutes with bluetooth on

So, sort of good news I have been able to "fix" the bluetooth to some degree, I was able to stop the bluetooth from disconnecting when waking from sleep at least about 80% of the time.

On top of that it still has some quirks sometimes on a cold boot it doesn't connect but a quick reboot will help it connect.

I cant remember the tutorial that I used to achieve it and dont really have time to find it, but hopefully I can post it soon.

Please do. I ran into a very similar problem after bios update. I have been running 8.1 since November. Bluetooth worked fine even after waking from sleep, 95% of the time. Then I update the bios and bam, bluetooth fails after wakeup 100% of the time so far. I started a thread that didnt get any traction about this... http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5963-y500-bluetooth-issue-after-whitelist-bios.html

I am geting my 7260 this week, so I will try and update this and my thread if I can get it working right.