Brightness Controls

DARKNAP

SOLVED

Has there been any sort of confirmed fix for the screen brightness getting stuck after a gpu upgrade?

After thinking I had solved 99% of the issues with my m15x I tried changing the brightness level as I thought it might be affecting battery life to find out it didn't do anything.

Neither the function keys or the power options help although the osd does show on windows 8 and googling shows a blank for a definite fix.

EDIT: Fixed by using updated drivers (331.82). If anyone is struggling to find them see here :- http://leekms.blogspot.co.uk/

All of the settings are avaiailable in the power options but neither have any effect on the brightness of the screen. The most I get is a slight dim when the power adapter is removed.

I have also tried reinstalling OSD but it doesn't appear to have fixed it.

All of the settings are avaiailable in the power options but neither have any effect on the brightness of the screen. The most I get is a slight dim when the power adapter is removed.

I have also tried reinstalling OSD but it doesn't appear to have fixed it.

AMD GPU? If yes try this --> http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m15x/2780-brightness-issue.html

I am using 7970m with 13.11 Beta 8 drivers and i have no issues with brightness at the moment. I also can control the brightness by using the key on keyboard.

Good luck.

Fixed the issue.

Turned out that the drivers I was using didn't work with the brightness controls but they were the latest I could get working from Laptopvideo2go (327.44 Nvidia OEM) .

After googling for a way to install 335.xx drivers correctly it started working again.

I will update the first post for reference but thanks for the suggestions.