Trouble with ultrabay.......

doodifer

Did you buy the Ultrabay GPU separately from the laptop itself? I know people who did that have problems getting it to work. From what I've heard Lenovo did a really stupid thing and they have hidden the option to turn on and off the ultrabay GPU in BIOS , and the value is set in factory.

don't know if this is relavant but when i took my factory installed ultra bay out, and then reinstalled it, windows booted up with a black screen

the next few boot ups had like weird errors and took ages but now it is back to normal

mine stopped working today. I take it out when im at work for longer battery times, then pop it in when I need to play games at home. however, today, I put it in and its not being detected anywhere. seems the fan is on but not detected on device manager or NVidia control panel.... running win8 (not 8.1) with latest vbios as well. hate havng issues on a 2 month old computer