Optimus and 3D Vision

I have an 3D vision projector that I have been using with my desktop through HDMI for a while. Well my desktop needed a new power supply so while waiting on shipping I wanted to play a game in 3d on the projector using my MSI GT60 that has NVidia Optimus with a GTX 780M. I have searched the web and pretty much found that this is a no go since the early days of the design. I thought that I would ask here if anyone has found a decent work around for this, or is at as I have read and it just is not possible.

Thank-you

Adam

The external display connectors should not be routed per Intel GPU, so unless MSI used a very weird mobo layout it technically has to work without issues.

What seems to be the problem? Do you have the 3d vision driver installed and all the equipment required by 3d vision ready?

Thank-you svl7. Again you save the day. You had mentioned the driver. See with my desktop I just plug the emitter in and everything installs and runs as it should. I checked the device manager and sure enough the driver for the emitter was not installed. Is what I had to do was clean reinstall the graphics driver "WITH" my 3d display and the emitter plugged in so that it would properly install the 3d vision driver. otherwise it seems to pass right over it during install. I guess to not install needless drivers if you do not have the hardware. Even after installing I still had to force the driver to start by clicking directly on the 3d vision driver with in the extracted driver folder. but now it seems to be working as intended. Now we shall see how well this GTX 780 m handles a 3d vision workout!!

Thank-you

Adam

On such systems all external connectors should be routed directly to the GPU, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case on the Clevos. Then again, we're talking about Clevo... and they always manage to surprise me :D

• 2 months later...