Please HELP ! GTX 680M on Clevo P170HMx does not work after update !!

SMN

Hi

I have Clevo P170HM with GTX-580M

I decided to update video on 680M

I bought here Upgrade Kit GTX 680M

Before purchase learned that the vBIOS would be the following... 80.04.29.00.01

Today received, installed... Video card does not work!!!

I received at start of a notebook such screen and all! Further goes nothing.

post-18807-14494996359316_thumb.jpg

This screem my BIOS

post-18807-14494996392263_thumb.jpg

new 680M

post-18807-14494996392696_thumb.jpg

Help please !!! What I must do ?

P.S There is a thought that is a card is flash BIOS 80.04.29.00.01 for DELL GTX680M, instead of for Clevo GTX680M ??

How can I reflash to vBIOS Clevo GTX680M 80.04.29.00.01

Since the seller is eurocom I would not be surprised if they didn't flash the proper vbios on the card.

Unless I'm mistaken the card definitely should work fine with the vbios you mention.

Do you know anyone that could check the vbios of the card in a different system?

svl7 said:
Do you know anyone that could check the vbios of the card in a different system?

No...I do not have :-(

Maybe need reflash to vBIOS Clevo GTX680M 

Where and how - I do not know....:-((

Svl7 was right, the card with 80.04.29.00.01 bios, should work with your P170HM unless you have the 3d 120Hz screen.

Dell version has only 2Go of Gddr5.

DO you have only a blank screen or do you have something displayed at startup?

If you have a blank screen, after the installation of the GTX680M, you can try to remove the battery under the keyboard to make a clear cmos.

When i plugged my GTX680M in my P150HM it was plug and play, but when i reverted back to my GTX580M, i had to clear cmos in order to have the GTX580M recognized again ... weird things happen.

The only vbios know to work on the P1XXHM are the 80.04.89.00.01 and MSI 80.04.33.00.24, other don't allow to boot on your HDD/SSD.

If you have others vbios, and know someone who have a P150EM P151EM P170EM , you can try to mount the card in this system, and then flash to compatible vbios.

Does your laptop make some beep?

Svl7 was right, the card with 80.04.29.00.01 bios, should work with your P170HM unless you have the 3d 120Hz screen.

I have normal screen, not 3D or 120Hz

DO you have only a blank screen or do you have something displayed at startup?

No, after starup i have this screen ( Usually this screen after 1 sec disappear and start nex step)

In this case - this screen does not disappear... hold about 2 min (in this time I heard 1 or 2 beep) and screen go to black with flashing dash

It does not possible by F2 go to Setup, Bios,,,, no any reaction on buttom). Only Ctrl-Alt-Del.... go to restat.

That all!

post-18807-1449499639312_thumb.jpg

Dell version has only 2Go of Gddr5.

I have 4 Gb DDR5

The cards actual vBIOS revision is higher than what is written on the sticker, they must have updated it.

if you don't have someone with another MXM system or SLI to reflash it Eurocom will have to exchange it for you.

If you tell us your approximate location there maybe someone here to flash it for you.

Svl7 could also send you a pre-programmed chip to solder to the card or you send the card to him to do it, he is in Europe.

No way to get it boot DOS? @Prema

Nope, I made a BIOS Mod once which allowed a Clevo v33 vBIOS to be blind flashed directly in the system, but this is v67+ stuck before BIOS scenario, I had no chance with that.

The cards actual vBIOS revision is higher than what is written on the sticker, they must have updated it.

if you don't have someone with another MXM system or SLI to reflash it Eurocom will have to exchange it for you.

Maybe this the better decision :crushed:

If you tell us your approximate location there maybe someone here to flash it for you.

Cairo Egypt..... :-(

Svl7 could also send you a pre-programmed chip to solder to the card or you send the card to him to do it, he is in Europe.

I cannot soldering here...myself

I confirm what Prema Says :"The cards actual vBIOS revision is higher than what is written on the sticker, they must have updated it."

Your issue is vbios related, there is two possibilities:

If you have 80.04.33.00.10 version, there is maybe a little chance to save the card: you need to make an usb bootable key (tutorial here :http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.htm) with nvflash Download NVFlash 5.136 | techPowerUp and the original vbios 80.04.29.00.01 https://hotfile.com/dl/245780438/73321d2/Backupgtx680.rom.html

When you are ready, unplug your Hdd or sdd, then plug your usb key and boot. Wait a three beep series (it can take a long time 5 to 10 min), after it will succeed booting in your USB key.

then backup your vbios

nvflash -b badbios.rom

and flash your card nvflash -4 -5 -6 Backupgtx680.rom

Then you will be with 80.04.29.00.01 version and it will be ok.

The second possibilities is far less funny: If you have 80.04.67.00.01, the only way to flash the card is to mount them in a P1XXEM series.

No possible flash..... does not possible boot (plug HDD, unplug HDD - no difference !!) Same result ( I wrote.....)

I am ready send my card to anybody by DHL for fix my problem....(... flashing)....

Maybe send to SvI7 ??? I waiting offers !

Did you try to boot on your bootable usb key? You need also to remove the Optical Device (dvd or blu-ray).

If you have already tried that ... the only way is:

-returning your card to eurocom

-soldering a new chip (maybe svl7 can do that if you sell him the card)

-plug the card in a Pxxem model and flash the correct vbios

Hi

I have Clevo P170HM with GTX-580M

I decided to update video on 680M

I bought here Upgrade Kit GTX 680M

Before purchase learned that the vBIOS would be the following... 80.04.29.00.01

Today received, installed... Video card does not work!!!

I received at start of a notebook such screen and all! Further goes nothing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9525[/ATTACH]

This screem my BIOS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9526[/ATTACH]

new 680M

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9527[/ATTACH]

Help please !!! What I must do ?

P.S There is a thought that is a card is flash BIOS 80.04.29.00.01 for DELL GTX680M, instead of for Clevo GTX680M ??

How can I reflash to vBIOS Clevo GTX680M 80.04.29.00.01

Brush into vbios size 88KB of clevo msi 680M vbios common.

As long as vbios size is 88KB can successfully lit P170HM

Does you try to boot on your bootable usb key? You need also to remove the Optical Device (dvd or blu-ray).

If you have already tried that ... the only way is:

i have tried that....

I removed 2 HDD, Optica drive....

After.. Plug my bootable USB key, start..... and same situation, first screen 2 min ang go to black with flashing dash....

-returning your card to eurocom

.... Maybe, but eurocom avoid...I ask ... silence

-soldering a new chip (maybe slv7 can do that if you sell him the card)

-plug the card in a Pxxem model and flash the correct vbios

I am ready send to slv7 !!

"... and same situation, first screen 2 min ang go to black with flashing dash...." 2 minutes can be not enough, if you got the 80.04.33, wait 8-10min

if no result you have probably a more recent vbios ...

In 2 min laptop himself go to black screen with dash.....

• 2 weeks later...

Card is flashed and on it's way back to the owner.

It was as I suspected, those eurocom bastards did not flash the vbios that was requested by the owner, they only put a sticker on the card that stated an older vbios version, but the version on it was the latest one.

• Thumbs Up 1