Lenovo Y500 DSDT Download

Almir Had

• 2 months later...
You only need to patch it :)

So you managed to get OSX installed to the Y500? I am still struggling getting to the installer, I now have a Maverick usb stick but even with some of the patches the screen turns black and the fan starts spinning up.

I am using -X -F -V GraphicsEnabler=no PCI

How did you manage it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's not that difficult to install OS X in y500. In my y510p it's running flawless without any probs.

in y510p, when you remove sli card, you can use intel hd graphics. But in lenovo y500 you cant. So install fails. Laptop shut downs instantly.

in y510p, when you remove sli card, you can use intel hd graphics. But in lenovo y500 you cant. So install fails. Laptop shut downs instantly.

Can't you choose "UMA" from BIOS instead of "Discrete"?

FYI You can boot into OS X with or without Ultrabay. The actual problem comes with enabling Graphics Acceleration. Switchable graphics WILL NOT work with OS X.

One more thing, using DSDT from another computer is a very bad idea even if its the same model/pc. A small change in ACPI can result in unexplained behaviors. I would advice anyone not to download or use DSDT from internet.

PS. Its pretty easy to extract your ACPI tables (DSDT, SSDT etc) from any OS. RW-everything in windows for example.

Can't you choose "UMA" from BIOS instead of "Discrete"?

FYI You can boot into OS X with or without Ultrabay. The actual problem comes with enabling Graphics Acceleration. Switchable graphics WILL NOT work with OS X.

One more thing, using DSDT from another computer is a very bad idea even if its the same model/pc. A small change in ACPI can result in unexplained behaviors. I would advice anyone not to download or use DSDT from internet.

PS. Its pretty easy to extract your ACPI tables (DSDT, SSDT etc) from any OS. RW-everything in windows for example.

Before, I installed hackintosh to several machines. But I fail on y500. I tried with my own patched DSDT, with combinations of boot flags, clover - chamelon, w/w-o ultrabay. Removed Intel - Nvidia etc kexts, patched mach_kernel etc etc. Nothing works. Best way is installing it to vmware.

It's not that difficult to install OS X in y500. In my y510p it's running flawless without any probs.

its because y510 have igp and can be used to run the installer, the y500 doesnt have the disable nvidia card in the bios menu,

the osx installer just freeze and restart the system

its because y510 have igp and can be used to run the installer, the y500 doesnt have the disable nvidia card in the bios menu,

the osx installer just freeze and restart the system

I didn't know about the IGPU problem. But there's still a chance to get it working. Atleast you should be able to install OS X. QE/CI is a diff matter of course.

In Y510p, some progress has been made with using using the system in SLI mode. Of course, the SLI is not supported in OS X and no QE/CI yet, but you may have a look here.

I don't have much idea about SLI, since i don't have one.

If you need any help, create a thread in there and I and others will take a look. Hope you succeed.

i also try to install in another onboard compatible igp and swap the hdd but when back in y500 the same problem, fans spin ups and shut down before start, also keep triyng all variety of flags and kernel options but not lucky yet, in y500 even if you put out the ultrabay egpthe system only uses the 650m igp,