Taking the palm rest off for SAGER NP9380-S

BudMarLeY

Does anyone know what I have to do to take off the palm rest on a SAGER NP9380-S (Clevo P370SM3)

I need to readjust my fingerprint reader, its cocked to the side and I have to push down really hard to get my fingerprint to read, its really cosmetic but it bothers me.

Here is a image of what I need to remove.

9380.jpg

I can completely take apart this notebook but I dont want to have to reassemble it if I dont have to. If anyone knows where I have to remove the screws to do this or the locations where there could be pop tabs to take off the cover. I dont want to destroy my notebook to try and figure out what to do to take off this palm rest.

Thanks to anyone who is able to help me.

Ok after biting the bullet I did what I had to do to fix it, so now its fixed and yes you have to completly dismantle the entire bottom half of the laptop. so im up a fingerprint reader and down a 3D Emitter Cable. >.< I was trying to pull the cable out of its slot and the cable was barely attached to its port and pulled the cables out of the plug. So now I dont have 3D, which isnt that bad because the 3D glasses hurt my eyes and I never use them. DOH!

took me 3 hours to dismantle and reassemble. NO EXTRA SCREWS!!! YAY!

• Thumbs Up 1

Glad it mostly worked out. So, you didn't like 3D games? Did you try one of the Batman games in 3D? I am tempted by this system, partially because of the 3D. The other parts are 120hz display, and the posibility of going SLI later. I also like the NP8255-S, which offers longer battery life and lower power using the Intel gpu, i.e. optimus.

Glad it mostly worked out. So, you didn't like 3D games? Did you try one of the Batman games in 3D? I am tempted by this system, partially because of the 3D. The other parts are 120hz display, and the posibility of going SLI later. I also like the NP8255-S, which offers longer battery life and lower power using the Intel gpu, i.e. optimus.

i didnt say i didnt like it, just hurts my eyes after about half a hour of playing. its nice to have the option to play 3d but i dont use it often.

im a bigger fan of the sli and 120hz in this laptop.

So I emailed XoticPC and asked what they could do for me when it came to getting a new cable. They said they would get back to me in 24 hours. I got a email back from them saying that I have to RMA it back to sager for them to replace it. I told him that it was only a cable and I could do it myself, and they told me that sager said that they have to work on it directly. I told XPC that ill figure it out myself.

After about 30 mins of thinking about it. I contacted SAGER's Tech Support and told them about the cable, they asked for a image of the cable and what was said on the wire. I told them and got a email back from them 5 mins later asking what my mailing address was. Told it to them and DAVID, the guy at sager told me that it will be in the mail tomarrow. I asked him what the cost was and he told me, free of charge. I told him thank you and that was it.

Needless to say, Sager is better to deal with then the reseller I got the notebook from in the beginning.

Glad I chose SAGER as my notebook company of choice. If I have any issues i will take it directly to sager and cut out he middle man.

I am looking at getting NP9380-S as well, does anyone know if the Thunderbolt port can be used for 120hz 3D output with the appropriate Thunderbolt display adapter? It is my understanding that the HDMI 1.4a (which is the version for the hdmi port on this model) standard only supports a much lower refresh rate for 3D output at 1080p.

I am looking at getting NP9380-S as well, does anyone know if the Thunderbolt port can be used for 120hz 3D output with the appropriate Thunderbolt display adapter? It is my understanding that the HDMI 1.4a (which is the version for the hdmi port on this model) standard only supports a much lower refresh rate for 3D output at 1080p.

im 90% sure that the thunderbolt with a adapter can hold the 120hz 3d output. it has to be a dvi (single) cable though

Thanks for the responses guys, I asked XoticPC a few days ago and they replied that Sager had told them the laptop was incapable of outputting 3D video. I assume this might be due to the video outputs going through the integrated graphics, or perhaps Sager is just wrong about their own product since they claimed the internal display (the screen) cannot do 3D video either...

Thanks for the responses guys, I asked XoticPC a few days ago and they replied that Sager had told them the laptop was incapable of outputting 3D video. I assume this might be due to the video outputs going through the integrated graphics, or perhaps Sager is just wrong about their own product since they claimed the internal display (the screen) cannot do 3D video either...

Does anyone know if this laptop plays 3D Blu-Rays?