Hotkey Utility LASTEST VERSION??!!

skoczi

OK... i can't find reliable source where i can download the lastest Hotkey Utility for Windows 7 and 8/8.1... when i check many (all) place in the internet like: Schenker, Clevo, Sager, Pro-Star etc... and many models in there... i found:

Hotkey 7.0028

Hotkey 7.00301

Hotkey 8.0134

Repo Palkeo only public the lastest Stock BIOS and that's ok... but maybe someone know the place where i can find official the lastest Hotkey Utility like BIOS on Repo... if no maybe we can make the thread where will be upload the last that we found....

Clevo makes the "Clevo Control Center", so we won't see any newer versions than those that are on Clevo's own Server and those links are public, there is nothing hidden in the Partner Channels. ;)

Ok... if i understand... Clevo make/work now the CCC and that will be newer version or replace the Hotkey Utility... but... i found the Hotkey 7.00301 and 7.0028 on the Pro-Star site... on the Clevo's site is only 7.0026 and 8.0134... that's interesting me why the newer version of their own product i can only see in Prostar or Sager...

And another question... if i have XNOTE W230ST from Poland and this notebook have BIOS with logo XNOTE can i flash the STOCK BIOS form REPO PALKEO?? It's safety??

Sometimes Clevo only adds the updated Control Center Software to specific models, so the download links are not available on all models...

Palkeo hosts the files the same way Clevo gives them to the re-seller, which means sometimes they have missing files or broken ".bat" files and their stock updates already bricked many systems:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/3119-premas-mod-bios-latest-stock-bios-85.html#post69301

Better use the Stock or Mod BIOS that are offered here or on my blog as they are altered to be simple and safe.

Yeah, they have all driver there, though sometimes we need to select a different model to find the latest version.

Also once you update to that W230ST BIOS & EC version a downgrade may very well brick the system, so I will only update the Stock BIOS when I find time to update the Mods, too.

So if you want to use the Mod now don't update to the 1.03.xx Stock versions....

But I can already tell you that there is nothing new or better regarding Win 8.1 support in that BIOS then it was with the old one.

In general Clevo's Changelogs don't have not much in common with what really changed...

Ok... tell me the last one... in W230ST (brand new fly to me actually) i read the bad issue with probably fan table...

from Notebookcheck (ONE K33-3E):

"Fan-whining during idle"

"However, it also spins up at times without apparent reason and results in an annoying noise of more than 40 dB(A). This phenomenon can also be seen with other Clevo barebones."

It's resolved??

• 1 month later...