Nvidia 331.58 ('R331') fixed some SLI issues?

bonzobv

What "pesky SLI issue" are you referring to? And which R331 driver is this? 331.40 Beta came out 3 weeks ago and 331.58 WHQL was released today.

Also you should probably change the title of this thread to something more relevant. I know R331 is the driver branch, but it just looks like l33tsp4ak.

What "pesky SLI issue" are you referring to? And which R331 driver is this? 331.40 Beta came out 3 weeks ago and 331.58 WHQL was released today.

Also you should probably change the title of this thread to something more relevant. I know R331 is the driver branch, but it just looks like l33tsp4ak.

@octiceps try to be more gentle in your affirmations, you can address users with normal attitude.How he address the driver was ok, look what GeForce experience showed me today: post-15694-1449499628467_thumb.jpg

What he is saying that the WHQL 331.58 has fixed the SLI issues regarding Vsync bug on Steam (CS:GO runs fine on SLI now, Dota2 should run fine <- this is what they are saying on Nvidia forum). I know that you are using the game in windowed mode, I won't explain it to you why again people choose to run game full screen (because obviously there is a massive performance improvement).

• Thumbs Up 1

@octiceps try to be more gentle in your affirmations, you can address users with normal attitude.How he address the driver was ok, look what GeForce experience showed me today: [ATTACH=CONFIG]9349[/ATTACH]

What he is saying that the WHQL 331.58 has fixed the SLI issues regarding Vsync bug on Steam (CS:GO runs fine on SLI now, Dota2 should run fine <- this is what they are saying on Nvidia forum). I know that you are using the game in windowed mode, I won't explain it to you why again people choose to run game full screen (because obviously there is a massive performance improvement).

I don't know what "massive improvement" you are talking about because I get the same performance in demanding games such as BF3 and PS2 when running them in borderless windowed as I do in fullscreen. If you're having performance drops it's probably because you're on Windows 7 and need to turn Aero off for the windowed application or because the CPU priority is too low and needs to be increased in Task Manager.

You were being presumptuous; there was no attitude or malice in my post, only a little humor which obviously went over your head. And you're a hypocrite. You have no right to tell me what to do when you yourself are insulting and condescending in other threads like your Windows 8 apologist one.

I don't know what "massive improvement" you are talking about because I get the same performance in demanding games such as BF3 and PS2 when running them in borderless windowed as I do in fullscreen. If you're having performance drops it's probably because you're on Windows 7 and need to turn Aero off for the windowed application or because the CPU priority is too low and needs to be increased in Task Manager.

You were being presumptuous; there was no attitude or malice in my post, only a little humor which obviously went over your head. And you're a hypocrite. You have no right to tell me what to do when you yourself are insulting and condescending in other threads like your Windows 8 apologist one.

Please try to be polite or a little less aggressive.

Regarding my post, most of the people I saw, and I'm not the only one, someone else posted the same thing, encounter performance loss in steam windowed mode. Also if you check steam community you will find that window mode gives less performance. Anyway full screen clearly is better.Btw I'm not using Windows 7, I'm on Windows 8.1. I don't know where you got that, you can't assume something out of the blue and come with a solution, so your post is irrelevant.

Guys... cool down. No need to go crazy over this.

Honestly, I didn't know what R331 was referring to either, could have been any of the 331 drivers. I don't use that GeForce experience, it's totally useless for my purposes, I never install it.

Also I have to agree with octiceps, "pesky SLI issue" is very general... Nvidia drivers are really buggy recently ("recently"... lol, more like since 314, or even older in some aspects) and I could imagine several issues that can occur with some of the more recent drivers.

Hey,

i´m new here, great Forum!

Read the Thread about the Bios Mods to overclock my Y500 with GT 650M SLI a thousand times but never had the courage to do it because i was scared of crashing my y500.

And with the drivers later than 310.90 the CoreClock doesn´t rise when overclocking with nvidia Inspector and no Bios Mods.

But when i installed the new 331.58 (R331) yesterday, i tried it just for fun and it worked! I overclocked the custom pstate with nVidia Inspector and forced the pstate. After some testing i reached 1050/2500and got nice scores on 3dMark11 -> http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7360836. The gpu temps never go over 75° (BF3).