What movies have you seen lately?

StamatisX

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in BlueRay is the best lookin film up to date for me.
I actually enjoyed the time more than lotr though lacking in plot in comparison. I recommend not buying the second one (Smaug) though, that was a headache to sit through.

sent via tapatalk

I actually enjoyed the time more than lotr though lacking in plot in comparison. I recommend not buying the second one (Smaug) though, that was a headache to sit through.

sent via tapatalk

The second hobbit is not that bad actually, and it has more action than the first movie.

Just took my niece to "Mr. Peabody" and ... well.... it was awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Also finally watched "Olympus has Fallen" and that, too, was just terribad. Red circles were graphically added to make it look like bulletwounds. It was potentially the worst action-fx movie I've seen in a very very long time. This is why I'm a gamer. I can at least participate, so even when the story is bad, I'm part of it, and partially to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched Gravity last weekend. I'm a Sandra Bullock fan anyway but she really shined in this. Not a big George Clooney fan but fortunately, he wasn't a big part of the movie. It was all Sandy. :)

I'm not a huge fan of either, and have never been a huge fan of drama. But that having been said, I have heard this was a great movie. I'm an ENORMOUS fan of Physics and astro-physics. Any chance this movie appeals to the science side of the story, or is it just story?

Just story. The physics are all wrong. (At one point, the 2 leads are drifting apart. Both grabbed hold of a tether. At that point, they should have stopped drifting. They didn't. Just one small thing wrong.) The story is very good, IMO. 90% of it was just Sandy. Clooney was in the other 10% and there were only disembodied voices for the rest. Worked surprisingly well.

Most recent movie I've seen in the theater was Captain America: The Winter Soldier and it was excellent. I actually liked it better than the first Cap Ap and I liked that one a lot.