What movies have you seen lately?

StamatisX

Went and saw The Wolverine opening night for me and my girlfriends 5 year anniversary. It was awkward as hell. Hugh Jackman roiding while the Japanese uphold stereotypes lol. It was more a comedy/action than a movie that could be taken seriously.

Watched Surrogates last night for the first time, Bruce Willis, 2009, and I must say I really liked it. If you like the Sci-Fi, futuristic, potential ideas that might actually be used in the future one-day theme I'd highly recommend it. On a more recent note, I would highly recommend Looper with Bruce Willis as well. Time travel has been done a fair few times in movies but this didn't feel like the same old theme we're used to seeing, it felt new and refreshing. One of my favourite movies of 2013 by far.

you better watch the whole series.but last one is not as good as the first 2.The Legend Is Born: Ip Man (2010) - IMDb

Yeh I've got the second one ready to watch. I've also seen there is a film called Grandmaster The Grandmaster (2013) - IMDb released next month that appears to be a remake of Ip man?

I love how brutally Ip Man dispatches that Japanese General! Wing Chun rules!

Saw Oblivion yesterday (Tom Cruise). Was ok i suppose

That was the overall impression I got from the trailer. Didn't look enough to go and see it at the cinema. Wait for it to appear on Netflix I reckon.

That was the overall impression I got from the trailer. Didn't look enough to go and see it at the cinema. Wait for it to appear on Netflix I reckon.

It starts off well enough but doesnt sustain it through to the end. You're right, probably not worth a cinema viewing.

Have been watching all Tarantino movies lately, and I have to say, this guy is just the best... And of course, the actors in the movies all play their parts VERY well.

Djangooo.. wished that movie was even more longer. Masterpiece!

Djangooo.. wished that movie was even more longer. Masterpiece!

I agree, have you seen inglourious basterds or pulp fiction? They're just magnificent, and to be honest the one that left the biggest impact on me was inglourious basterds, christoph waltz is just an amazing actor, and he shows it in this movie even better than Django.

Ip man 2 is also brilliant but not quite as good as the first one. Similar to Fearless with Jet Li in that its Chinese Kung Fu (Wing Chun) verses Western Boxing. Pretty ridiculous but seeing as how the boxer in the film is British I wasn't sure who to cheer for....

Very rapid fight scenes so best watched in high resolution.

A Clockwork Orange

Whenever I browse my film collection (alphabetically sorted) for a nice film, I play this one as soon as I read the title. This basically means I hardly watch anything but 2001 A Space Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange ;)

post-3507-14494995934219_thumb.jpg

I really like how Kubrick works with bright light sources and the almost photography like scenes. An art you don't see very often in today's films.

Just watched Wolverine this weekend. Overall, a good and entertaining movie with plenty to build on.

However, I am never too fond of a movie when the hero of an action flick spends more than 75% of it in introspection... *ahem* Iron Man 3..

• 2 weeks later...