Resident Evil: Retribution

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Seven Psychopaths

The Bourne Legacy

The Cold Light Of Day

The Devils Double

The Words

• Founder
Watched Django Unchained yesterday. Awesome movie! Tarantino did it again! Three hours flew by without me even noticing (which almost never happens).

Been wanting to see that. Guess I'll go this Friday and check it out.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Watched Django Unchained yesterday. Awesome movie! Tarantino did it again! Three hours flew by without me even noticing (which almost never happens).

Need to watch that one as well.

Last movie I saw in the cinema was The Hobbit... horrible. Though I have to say I'm a big fan of the book, so if you never read the book it might be really enjoyable, nevertheless I recommend the book.

Need to watch that one as well.

Last movie I saw in the cinema was The Hobbit... horrible. Though I have to say I'm a big fan of the book, so if you never read the book it might be really enjoyable, nevertheless I recommend the book.

I didn't want to believe it when I heard they were turning it into a trilogy. LOTR made perfect sense, it's already in three parts and each one is easily filmworthy. The hobbit is a MUCH smaller and simpler (and IMO superior in some ways but don't get me started), it should have been done as one film, period.

It reeks of money grubbing to me. :50_002:

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't want to believe it when I heard they were turning it into a trilogy. LOTR made perfect sense, it's already in three parts and each one is easily filmworthy. The hobbit is a MUCH smaller and simpler (and IMO superior in some ways but don't get me started), it should have been done as one film, period.

It reeks of money grubbing to me.

Well, LOTR was 'okay' imho, I mean the movies don't really have anything to do with the books, but the pictures, costumes, and also the actors are really epic if you ask me. So even if it's doesn't have much in common with the book, it's an epic movie, and at least P.J. kinda tried to follow the book a bit... In contrast to the hobbit, at least in my opinion. The hobbit is going to be filmed in two movies, the first one (which is currently in the theaters) is about the first half of the bokk (even though it doesn't have a lot in common with the book) and the second will be about the rest of the book. HOWEVER... the third movie won't be based on any book, it's going to be pure 'artistic freedom' by P.J. and co. and will tell the story between 'The Hobbit' and 'LOTR'... there didn't happen a lot actually, if you go by the books... Speaking for myself, I really don't like this 'artistic freedom' there... it's just about money in the end. People should better read the books. I know they're too lazy for this, but it's really worth it. Just my 0.02.

I actually never watched or read anything related to the Lord of the Rings and I feel like I'm missing out. :) Anything you would recommend to start with?

I recommend starting with the LOTR trilogy. If you don't like it, there's no need to finish it. It's very epic, but rather... lenghty (hope that's the proper word for what I mean). 'The hobbit' is an excellent tale as well, but it's very differently written compared to LOTR, less epic imo and more of a fairy tale than an mighty fantasy story, especially compared to the LOTR.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently watched:

Sunshine (Decent flick, can't remember it ever coming out thought)

Hotel Transylvania (Good, funny)

Brave (Good)

and recently re-watched:

The Goonies (Awesome)

Dune (Awesome)

Flight of the Navigator (Awesome)

Army of Darkness (Awesome)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Great)

• 2 weeks later...

my last films were:

Lincoln (much much dialogues but nonetheless (or may because of that) really entertaining)

Flight (not really pioneering but solid and enjoyable)

Django (one word: great)

because of django i had to rewatched inglorious bastards and really don't know which of the two to estimate higher. any oppinions to that?