[FIX] Clevo P370SM3 & SAGER NP9380-S 120Hz/3D SLI Flickering/Scanlines

BudMarLeY

Feel free to msg us or open a new thread. I will follow

Edit: thx evilevil for the update. I get my computer in about 15 hours from now. Gonna test the snot out of it. Thanks again mang.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Thats great Bud, Waiting for you to post your results as well.

Great but will you try first disabling the boost in the original bios as you said to see if that causing the main problem or not.

Keep us updated

yeah ill do that in a sec, just installed the svl7 one and it worked flawlessly. SAGER formatted my computer so i need to reinstall my games. which im doing as we speak.

csd.pngfpv.png

these are both my gpus, 1st gpu on the left 2nd on the right.

i ran heaven benchmark tool (one that i used before sending my computer to sager.) before the flash, was still glitching at the temps i said they would. the problem was still there. BUT after i flashed it, its gone. I still have my original vbios, that im going to do my tests on. I just want to get my computer back to where it was before i sent it out. Im going to do a format in a sec, i just ran skyrim and tryed to make ti glitch and it wouldnt do it.

after i format im going to get everything installed. im going to play with svl7's vbios for maybe a half hour, then flash back to the origianl ones and play with those. im going to try to turn off gpu boost on the stock vbios and see if that helps, and if all else fails, back to svl7's bios. everyone keep your pants on, i only had my computer back for a hour and a half. there will be more to come.

edit: FYI the vbios i sent the computer to sager with is the same that I got back. I also didnt get the computer back with the new drivers installed.

i ran heaven benchmark tool (one that i used before sending my computer to sager.) before the flash, was still glitching at the temps i said they would. the problem was still there. BUT after i flashed it, its gone. I still have my original vbios, that im going to do my tests on. I just want to get my computer back to where it was before i sent it out. Im going to do a format in a sec, i just ran skyrim and tryed to make ti glitch and it wouldnt do it.

after i format im going to get everything installed. im going to play with svl7's vbios for maybe a half hour, then flash back to the origianl ones and play with those. im going to try to turn off gpu boost on the stock vbios and see if that helps, and if all else fails, back to svl7's bios. everyone keep your pants on, i only had my computer back for a hour and a half. there will be more to come.

edit: FYI the vbios i sent the computer to sager with is the same that I got back. I also didn't get the computer back with the new drivers installed.

That sounds great and waiting for your further results after testing both svl7 and original vbios. And about Sager how did they test your PC with the new nvidia driver and said that it solved the problem and that's without even installing it in your system, that seems funny.

Also can you tell me the way of disabling the boost in the original vbios.

That sounds great and waiting for your further results after testing both svl7 and original vbios. And about Sager how did they test your PC with the new nvidia driver and said that it solved the problem and that's without even installing it in your system, that seems funny.

Also can you tell me the way of disabling the boost in the original vbios.

im going to be using svets tweaker to disable the boost.

i reverted back to the stock vbios like 2 mins ago and ran skyrim and heaven benchmark and they both glitch. so im going to format my computer with the stock vbios, install my games, test it and record it with my phone, then post it up and show the differences.

this will probally take a hot second but it will be up.

stay turned.

edit: my version of vbios i am using is 80.04.BD.00.05

when i get windows up and running im going to install the supplied drivers from the cd, then download the old drivers that were out before oct 21 then ill download the new 331 and see if it helps

this is what my computer came back with from sager. so when i format it will be the same that i got back from sager. so there will be no tweaking.

from there ill edit stock and turn off the gpu boost and try a game and see if it helps if it does ill post a video, if it doesnt then ill just say so.

then when that is done ill use svl7's and show the differences

edit: FYI the vbios i sent the computer to sager with is the same that I got back. I also didnt get the computer back with the new drivers installed.

Thats great news, So Sager basically just formatted your Notebook and sent it back without fixing anything lool, Please keep us updated & I am more than anxious to discover if its a Boost problem or a wrong wattage problem,

Eitherway Svl7 V-BIOS is our only solution for any user who faces this issue.

Thats great news, So Sager basically just formatted your Notebook and sent it back without fixing anything lool, Please keep us updated & I am more than anxious to discover if its a Boost problem or a wrong wattage problem,

Eitherway Svl7 V-BIOS is our only solution for any user who faces this issue.

still installing stuff, the stock wattage is 110 per gpu while it looks like svl7's is 130 so we will see

edit: well I just installed Alice: Madness Returns and Skyrim again, downloaded the new drivers and tried the 311.xx, 327.xx and the 331.xx and the flickering is still there.

nothing changed, other then my GPU 1 temp is a little higher then it was before I sent my computer to SAGER.

I'm going to edit the stock bios and see what I get from it with the new patch, I really dont feel like downgrading and upgrading over and over again.

brb in a few.

editx2: well tried the gpu boost off, issue is still there. nothing changed. little bit more choppier but that's about it. flickering and flashing is still there. nothing changed.

i was going to add videos but they are EXACTLY the same as the video listed in the first post. i feel like it would be a waste of bandwidth to put up the same exact video.

now im going to put svl7's in and see what we get.

EDITx3: AND THE FINAL VERDICT! DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!

svl7's vbios is officially the shit and i bestow my first born son to him.

Here is a video of Skyrim (looking at the night sky, where it glitches really bad normally) at the temps I would normally get glitching.

On top of fixing the flickering/scanlines it also reduces choppyness that originally came with the stock vbios.

turning my body really fast no longer causes microstuttering on very mi'nute observations.

its smooth as butter on a babies butt!??? i have no idea where that came from... any way heres a video for your viewing pleasure.

thank you so much @svl7 for your awesome work and if you need anything please feel free to ask.

• Thumbs Up 2

still installing stuff, the stock wattage is 110 per gpu while it looks like svl7's is 130 so we will see

edit: well I just installed Alice: Madness Returns and Skyrim again, downloaded the new drivers and tried the 311.xx, 327.xx and the 331.xx and the flickering is still there.

nothing changed, other then my GPU 1 temp is a little higher then it was before I sent my computer to SAGER.

I'm going to edit the stock bios and see what I get from it with the new patch, I really dont feel like downgrading and upgrading over and over again.

brb in a few.

editx2: well tried the gpu boost off, issue is still there. nothing changed. little bit more choppier but that's about it. flickering and flashing is still there. nothing changed.

i was going to add videos but they are EXACTLY the same as the video listed in the first post. i feel like it would be a waste of bandwidth to put up the same exact video.

now im going to put svl7's in and see what we get.

EDITx3: AND THE FINAL VERDICT! DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!

svl7's vbios is officially the shit and i bestow my first born son to him.

Here is a video of Skyrim (looking at the night sky, where it glitches really bad normally) at the temps I would normally get glitching.

On top of fixing the flickering/scanlines it also reduces choppyness that originally came with the stock vbios.

turning my body really fast no longer causes microstuttering on very mi'nute observations.

its smooth as butter on a babies butt!??? i have no idea where that came from... any way heres a video for your viewing pleasure.

thank you so much @svl7 for your awesome work and if you need anything please feel free to ask.

That's really great man. And of what you have tried out it narrows up that the main problem is with the watt in the original bios which is only configured to 110w for each card and which is probably not enough power to run both cards with 120Hz enabled.

And what about sager will you contact them and tell them about the vbios solution and save them from their misery and struggling all this time for solving this issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's really great man. And of what you have tried out it narrows up that the main problem is with the watt in the original bios which is only configured to 110w for each card and which is probably not enough power to run both cards with 120Hz enabled.

And what about sager will you contact them and tell them about the vbios solution and save them from their misery and struggling all this time for solving this issue.

i dont have enough balls to start tweaking with power, i dont need to burn out my card.

all i know is that svl7's vbios works and i wont ask any questions.

To simplfy things I uploaded my USB stick I used w/o svl7's vbios, which has to be put in there yourself under the name mod.rom

here is what I wrote in the readme file within the zip.

Take these files and copy and paste them directly to a freshly formatted FAT32 usb stick.

Download svl7's "Nvidia GTX 780m - OC edition - rev02.zip (127.0 KB)"

from

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html#post23432 @ the bottom of the post.

when you finished downloading it open the zip file and rename the ROM to mod.rom

this is crutial that you rename the rom file to mod.rom

copy and paste it into the usb stick.

restart windows and in the boot menu (bios menu) set the usb stick to priorty 1, so it boots first.

when you get the usb to boot you will be in a ms-dos type screen, it will be all black with white text.

from there type

go1

then push y

then y again

it will start to flash, when it finishes itll say it was successful. then start over again.

you should see the C:\ at the bottom of the screen.

next you will type go2

push y

push y again

and itll start to flash.

when that is finished and it was successful, it will show the C:\ again.

then you ctrl+alt+del to restart. remove the usb drive when it restarts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

to sum it up barney style:

go1

y

y

---finishes---

go2

y

y

---finishes----

ctrl+alt+del

------------------------------

inside this i have also supplied the stock vbios incase something messes up.

if you dont feel comfortable using it make your own and replace the default.rom (which is gpu0) and default2.rom (which is gpu1) with your own under the same file names.

otherwise the batch file that makes this simple wont work.

to load those files its as simple as the original flash

instead you will use a different batch file

it will go as such.

fix1

y

y

---finishes---

fix2

y

y

---finishes---

it will either automatically restart or you will have to push ctrl+alt+del

and this is the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33x7um7vh2xu8ev/USB%20stick.zip

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR THE SAGER NP9380-S 780m SLI w/ 120Hz, this is the stock vbios that is included within.

Maybe they tested, but didn't wait for the temps to get high enough? Any way, Sager needs to get their act together. This is not acceptable.

I honestly think they probally didn't plug it in when they tested it. Because when I sent it to them my battery was full and when I got it back it was at 30%

I told them in the letter to plug it in when they tested it because if its bot plugged in then sli gets turned off and its only 1 gpu that is running.

In skyrim it only takes 45 secs in game for it to start. Hitting the 45-65c heat range doesn't take long.

Thanks Bud...good to see that the vbios works. So all sager did was format the HD and send it back? That's definitely unacceptable . I am having issues with the new nvidia 331.xx drivers with stuttering. Anyone else having a problem with the new drivers?

i installed the drivers and i didnt notice any stuttering. when i had the drivers with the stock vbios i noticed it.

I too don't have a problem with the new drivers, I also noticed it only in the old SAGER V-BIOS, Bud you should also thank SAGER for formatting your notebook and sending it back after 2 weeks, I really doubt they even tested any new driver or game tested any of the notebooks, they just couldn't resolve the problem so they sent the notebooks back as simple as that.

Sager not even attempting to test it or stress it to see if a driver fixes the issue is pretty unacceptable. Hmm.. Makes me think we should find a vendor site on Tech Inferno or other page where they visit and tell them about this issue.

Hey Guys.

I updated to the latest nvidia 331.xx drivers and was getting great framerates then the games would crash and i would have to reboot. So i rolled back to the default cd driver and updated to the 331.xx before this last driver and now i have microstuter on some of the games like tomb raider and splinter cell with SLI enabled and the games will not go above 26fps. UGH. Any ideas?

Hey Guys.

I updated to the latest nvidia 331.xx drivers and was getting great framerates then the games would crash and i would have to reboot. So i rolled back to the default cd driver and updated to the 331.xx before this last driver and now i have microstuter on some of the games like tomb raider and splinter cell with SLI enabled and the games will not go above 26fps. UGH. Any ideas?

I am experiencing exactly the same issue with the new nvidia driver 331.65 as most of the games crashes when I am playing, yes and with the previous driver 331.58 I also used to have micro stuttering during the game which comes and goes but there wasn't any problem with the fps.

So is anyone else experiencing the same issue.

Guys go to the sager group and start a discussion and we will go over it there. In the group post up the games your having issues with and ill look into it.

edit:

is this what it looks like for you guys, is there any screen tearing? or just the stutter

http://youtu.be/MMPFfjupeq8

also have you guys tried to use the nvidiainspector profiles for certain games.

they have profiles that fix the sli microstutter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mydd5kvsvooo1oj/nvidiaInspector.rar