So I saw THOR over the weekend...

Stevenxowens792

I took a chance, knowing I could get pinged since im on call and saw THOR on Saturday.

Now.. please keep in mind I love MARVEL over DC. I like DC... my favorite has always been BATMAN as far as DC goes.. but I LOVE MARVEL.. always have.. always will.

Im an old guy now and for the last 13 years been spoiled to xmen movies and spiderman. Now the THOR movie. As I geek, you may think I would be tempted to critique each detail for accuracy and comic book references but in truth.. I am too tired and just want to experience each movie and see if I enjoy it.

I enjoyed the movie a lot. The effects were of course good. The whole premise of 9 realms was not really believable but again, it made the movie enjoyable. Surprise at the end of course after the credits that I will not give away.

Acting was ok. Story was predictable but good. Sound effects were top notch All in all I say 7 outta 10.

I am very very excited for the Avengers Movie. I pray to GOD it will not be pure cheeze whiz. I want a real story and substance... Like the SKRULL invasion or something.

Just my .02

Best wishes,

StevenX

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

I haven't seen it but a friend of mine that went to the theater he said that it was good and I am tempted to go and see it as well.

Steven you saw it in 3D?

BTW, given the opportunity I created a new sticky thread so we can discuss movies and stuff, enjoy :D

http://forum.techinferno.com/off-topic/534-what-movies-have-you-seen-lately.html

No, so it in digital but not 3D. 3D always gives me a hellacious migraine. The kind I have to take special meds for and turn the light off for 8 hours or so.

NO 3D FOR ME.. Ive had enough. Last movie I saw in 3D was Tron and I paid for it later.

I've seen it... was pretty cool imo. "What is this drink? I like it! ANOTHER!!!!" Hahahahahah!!! Epic!!

I had to watch it in 3d since there wasn't any 2d show... So far I don't really like the 3d, it's unnecessary... the only movies which are really great in 3D are Avatar and all the animated (UP, Despicable me etc...). The stupid thing over here is that the movies are always shown with subtitles when you watch them in English (which I always do) and in 3d the subtitle is even more annoying since it kinda pops out of the screen.

• Founder

I enjoyed Thor as well, thought it was decent though I know Michael hated it. I guess some movies are just like/hate. Lately I don't really care for high quality "AAA" shit either, as long as I'm entertained it's good enough.

• Founder

Oh yeah guys, sorry to say but that one was 1 out of 10 for me.

Ok, 3 out of 10.. for the effects, that's it..

Story is boring and predictable, movie is waaaaaaaaaaaay to long.. don't know, it's just not it.

And i do like the genre in general, just no that movie.

• Founder
Yeah, I know what you mean, even though I liked the movie.

But you can't tell me you didn't like the Starbucks scene :D

remind me of that starbucks scene ? sorry, i can't even remember it

Nothing big, I just thought it was really funny, well maybe it was just me lol. Shortly after he comes to the earth, Jane and the other two take him to a Starbucks where he drinks a coffee. He apparently enjoys it... Thor: "What is this drink? I like it! ANOTHER!!!!" And then he smashes the mug to the floor...

• Founder
Nothing big, I just thought it was really funny, well maybe it was just me lol. Shortly after he comes to the earth, Jane and the other two take him to a Starbucks where he drinks a coffee. He apparently enjoys it... Thor: "What is this drink? I like it! ANOTHER!!!!" And then he smashes the mug to the floor...

Heh that was okay I guess. The more I think about it, the movie was pretty generic yet still entertaining. I give it a 6/10.

• Founder

Oh yeah, i think it was the only part that actually made me laugh :)

I have to be honest, I don't really have a beef with Thor in particular but what the so called "creative minds" in Hollywood are doing. If they think that we are going to flock to see every Marvel /DC comic char is there out there they got another thing coming.

The only Thor I knew was the Nordic God, nor the marvel DC character and to be honest the weak attempt they make that transpose magic from mythical power and weak and puny. Wake up guys, you don't have to explain his powers in a movie, that pretty dumb and stupid, if is a fantasy movie leave it like that. Not looking forward to see that movie, maybe when it comes to dvd. Waiting for Green lantern and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Waiting for Green lantern and Pirates of the Caribbean.

ndeed!!!~ :D

during that whole entire seven day long break between classes last week :rolleyes:, was presented the chance to see Thor in IMAX 3D on two different occasions - NICE!~ :D

it was even better the second time - but special effects and concept of principal character Thor aside, do agree with the realistic 6-7/10 overall. would love to see hollyweird start leaning more towards the nolan/snyder production style (and stop cheesifying everything), but not expecting too much...

now bring on pirates, hangover, and super 8!!!~ :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...