Sager NP9380-S 120Hz SLI Issues. Fluttering scanlines/flickering.

BudMarLeY

I would like to think so, if we get more people to complain about it,they will have to fix it.

I too contacted SAGER and they informed me that they are still working on the issue. I really think they must have at least taken more responsibility and GAME-TESTED all their laptops in both 3D and 120Hz (SLI) before selling out their notebooks and demeaning their brand to a low quality brand, instead of positioning them selves as the best. & BUD what will we do it the V-BIOS didn't resolve this problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

I too contacted SAGER and they informed me that they are still working on the issue. I really think they must have at least taken more responsibility and GAME-TESTED all their laptops in both 3D and 120Hz (SLI) before selling out their notebooks and demeaning their brand to a low quality brand, instead of positioning them selves as the best. & BUD what will we do it the V-BIOS didn't resolve this problem.

if it doesnt resolve the problem I guess I'll be selling my 3d glasses for 50 bux and playing in 60hz with SLI on

Just flashed both cards to 80.04.92.00.09, but flicker still do occur in fullscreen (tested in battlefield 3 and tomb raider).

I'll try svl7's vbios mod and see if it solves the issue

so i guess that one doesnt work. you should try the oc edition one from the other thread. the one listed that "worked" was 80.04.B3.00.10

Sager NP9380-S 120hz 780m SLI flickering/lines problem. Please help...

this is the one that I think would probably work.

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html#post23432

at the bottom of the post there's a download for the 780m OC edition. try that out and see how it goes.

edit: i just checked the vbios version for the one I listed as the OC ed. and it is indeed the 80.04.B3.00.10 version.

give that a try and tell me how it goes, im crossing my fingers.

103287d1381959404-sager-np9380-s-120hz-780m-sli-flickering-lines-problem-please-help-gpu-2.png

Flashed to the vbios made by svl7, played bf3 for 10 mins, and I haven't seen flickers at all (they usually appear as soon as I play a game in fullscreen mode).

So yes. the OC vbios seems to solve the problem completely.

FU** YES!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

Thanks man! Glad to hear it!

WOOOOTTT!!!!

Flashed to the vbios made by svl7, played bf3 for 10 mins, and I haven't seen flickers at all (they usually appear as soon as I play a game in fullscreen mode).

NOOOOOOOOO WAY bud, u r making me all excited now,

Please try it more in other games as well and if possible to run all games (SLI in 120hz) for couple of hours.

Thanks man & waiting for another confirmation

Also if I may add if you could please press Alt+Tab to minimize the game during your gaming and re-switch to the game back in full screen and repeat this process several times in a couple of games as this method somehow speeds ups the flickering white lines process and make it even worse. To be 100% sure that the problem is completely solved

NOOOOOOOOO WAY bud, u r making me all excited now,

Please try it more in other games as well and if possible to run all games (SLI in 120hz) for couple of hours to be 100% sure that the problem is fully resolved.

Thanks man & waiting for another confirmation

I would love to but right now my laptop is in california sitting in a room all alone, gaining dust.

So does anyone know why exactly does the slv7 OC bios solves the problem while other vBios create this problem. And what changes exactly is in the costumed slv7 vBios that helps in solving this problem.

So does anyone know why exactly does the slv7 OC bios solves the problem while other vBios create this problem. And what changes exactly is in the costumed slv7 vBios that helps in solving this problem.

I was actually wondering this as well. But some things probably will never be solved. If it works ill take it!