SLI GTX770 Classified with EVGA ACX Cooler 4GB or 780 Hydro Copper?

Dreamer3381

Hey, I am doing a new build and I am trying to figure out what would be best for me. I am running the 4930 with the RIVE board. I play on triple 1080p monitors. I am trying to figure out what will give me the best performance and more in the long run as I wait for 4k stuff to come out. I am sure the SLI 770s would out perform the 780, but will those cards last me while I wait for the 4k stuff or even with the 780 I can always add a 780 down the road? I hear the Hydro with a custom bios can be clocked pretty high and run a lot cooler the a fan style. Anyone have any pros cons?

Thanks,

Matt

Hey, I am doing a new build and I am trying to figure out what would be best for me. I am running the 4930 with the RIVE board. I play on triple 1080p monitors. I am trying to figure out what will give me the best performance and more in the long run as I wait for 4k stuff to come out. I am sure the SLI 770s would out perform the 780, but will those cards last me while I wait for the 4k stuff or even with the 780 I can always add a 780 down the road? I hear the Hydro with a custom bios can be clocked pretty high and run a lot cooler the a fan style. Anyone have any pros cons?

Thanks,

Matt

Do you already have the pump, fans, and radiator for watercooling? If so I'd go that route. If not then just get 770 in sli.

Don't get the compact kit water coolers if that's what you were thinking. They're hardly any better than air.

the thing is the 780 is not really ready for 4K with recent games it's already overkill for my titan oc (1202/7020), at least for what I've tried, I simulated by forcing gpu to render in 4K before downsampling it to 1080p, it was on my heavily modded skyrim : 10-25 fps.

you'd need a sli or tri way sli for 4k.

Also with such an insane resolution 3gb of vram may not be enough for some games, for nowadays games it could be ok most of the time but next gen games, hmmm I'm not so sure especially because of next console will have plenty for RAM available for the GPU.

Why not wait for few days for the R9 290X release it may even be faster than the GTX 780 with more VRAM.

also there are some very fast gtx 780 on air like the galaxy HOF which will oc higher than 1300mhz, I'm not that sure the hydro copper can go this fast.

Performance and gaming wise, even a 1400mhz 780 cant touch those classy 770's in SLI. Not even by a long shot. I have a 1254Mhz/7Ghz 780 Jetstream and purely from gaming/money perspective the 770's are the way to go. And I came from a 1175/1800 690.

Not the wisest choice but the fastest one.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding hydro copper coolers, IMO it's much better value to purchase an aftermarket gpu block.

I'm not knocking EVGA, they're fantastic cards, but the cost of $150 for that water block doesn't make much sense, especially if you can buy GTX 7xx water blocks for about $100-120. Especially if you're already a water cooling customer.

id sugest getting the evga gtx 780 classified edition and then putting that on watercooling .... you can boost that up to 1400 MHz wich destroys the titan and will easily be 4k ready

on watercooling it is currently the fastest card on the market by far from all the research iv done but the evga gtx 780 Ti Classified should be out soon wich will outperform even that

the 780 Ti is supposed to beat the titan just at pure stock setting add watercooling and a modded bios to that and youll have on hell of a monster card that nothing else will can even think of beating