Witcher 3

Wujtas

Same here. Are these like Mass Effect series with save game progression from 1 to 2, then to 3?

Play 1 and 2 if you can as it is a bit similar to what Mass Effect does, however, if you cant play both, try to at least play the second one in order to get used to the characters and story.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to play witcher 2 before it's sequel is out.

But even my highly overclocked titan is not able to dish out acceptable frame rates with Ubersampling turned on, and there is only MLAA available as alternative. :(

So I'm using 2880x1800 downsampled to 1920x1200 which gives me at least some Anti-Aliasing (2,25x OGSSAA), but its far from perfect image quality and the framerates tend to drop to ~35fps in certain situations.

I hope Witcher 3 won't be as hardware-demanding as it's predecessor.

• 2 weeks later...

But even my highly overclocked titan is not able to dish out acceptable frame rates with Ubersampling turned on, and there is only MLAA available as alternative. :(

So I'm using 2880x1800 downsampled to 1920x1200 which gives me at least some Anti-Aliasing (2,25x OGSSAA), but its far from perfect image quality and the framerates tend to drop to ~35fps in certain situations.

I sure hope so too. My 4.9ghz i7-3770k with raid 0 SSDs and 2x Sli 780 was sold to finance a year of studies abroad. While my trip in europe is well worth it, I am spending it on a 14'' laptop with a gtx 755m and I really am looking forward to Witcher 3.... *crossing fingers here*

I run bf4 on normal settings with little lag, it's just not fun to play FPS games on a 14'' screen. 3rd person RPGs are a different story :)

• 2 weeks later...

From what I know many setups can't run Ubersampling good. Rendering 4 frames per and combining them every 4 frames to produce the image makes a wonderful quality image but it uses 4x the performance standard antialiasing techniques use.. i mean if you want 60fps youd need to be able to run 240fps at the highest anti aliasing available to possibly be able to get 60 in ubersampling. in any case you lose 3 fps per 4 rendered with ubersampling.

im sure they will have a better optimized implementation of that if they choose to include it again.

Having played it myself it probably could of been optimized in code somewhere because I noticed the same where certain areas had some high fps drops. But the art style of the game is very unique and it does present an interest and unique ambience to the games environment. Being that the series is getting so popular I have a feeling they are putting a lot of work into getting the game running on all ranges of hardware. Looking forward to Witcher 3.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have played the first will be playing the second soon hopfully. That the problem with playing games in the wrong order previous titles can seem a bit lack luster (If the developer is doing its job properly)

While I cant wait for the new story, map and improved game play its CDProjeckts customer focus that will keep me coming back, I mean all the DLC is free for a start and if the witcher 2 2.0 patch is anything to go by they will look after us long after #3 has been released.

• 2 months later...

Never played first two but this one is awsome. My gpu (gtx 680m) have not enough power to play at fullhd resolution. Oc is only solution it seems!! With +135 mhz Nvidia inspector oc it is stable at 30 fps at medium settings.

It gives you open world feeling very well. No loading screen atall even you entring to the dungeons or caves or inhouses. Very big and optional quests. This game is totally far more better than every other single player rpg game i have ever played.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like it but the combat is very annoying and spammy. Every single monster is basically fought the same way even on the hardest difficulty.

Another thing is that there's no level scaling. Basically in one location there's wolves on lvl 3 and in other on level 30. They both look exactly the same which makes no sense. That's very dumb as until you get close you're unable to see the level of these mobs, plus game keeps you away from some territories just because. One might argue they're not "level locked" but in my opinion they are. Say you're level 12 and want to head one direction only on the map discovering mysteries and treasures. Sooner or later you will encounter a location guarded by mobs with x2 x3 levels than yours and this content becomes almost inaccessible, however the monster looks exactly the same as lowest level monster of this type in the game. Same comes to quests, they're level-locked.

It's very annoying and unimmersive. Especially when you meet a heavy armored bandit in real knight armor with some amazing weaponry but on level 10, and later on you meet a bandit in nothing but panties that pokes you and you die because he's level 18. Makes no sense, again.

So sadly the combat and no level scaling make this game very dull in my experience. Writing and quests however are amazing and it's always intriguing to see what next is going to happen, and that's the only reason why I keep playing this game from time to time. Combat still becomes a repetitive chore. There is a mod for level scaling though. I fully recommend it.

Still combat system is lackluster. It's just attack + dodge repeated hundreds of times and that's quite sad. Same comes to horse combat.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7.1.2017 at 3:30 AM, Maxallica said:

Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games. I played it for hours. I can not wait to play the next game "Cyberpunk 2077" by CD Projekt RED.

announced 4 years ago, doesnt look like it will come anyday soon but the teaser looks really cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished Witcher 3 with all expansions . I must say the Blood and Wine was the best storyline above all. The game itself is a whole different world to experience. I tried to read anything i found and any notes i found wherever !. They surely did spent a lot of time and effort for this game . The graphics of the Witcher series always been the first to see. Horse riding and cave exploration are my favourites. If any of u did not play this game yet and if u like open world games. U really should give it a try. I am sure your gonna love as soon as you see the graphics.

Currently going through the Wild Hunt - 60+ hours in game and I still haven't visited Novigrad yet.. I am not using fast travel as the views when you ride on Płotka (i don't get the English translation, it suck imho) are gorgeous, that sometimes I've spent time watching the sunset :) I also try to read everything, talk to everyone and following old RPG fashions I explore every inch of the map (found some Witcher school gear plans without even getting the quest for it yet)..
For the Cyberpunk 2077 - according to some reports earlier stage of the game was thrashed when lead game designer changed..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk