Slow wifi connect

I just upgraded from an intel 6300 card in my desktop to the ASUS PCE-AC66, and it works great except when I start my computer there are networks avaialble but it takes 1-2min to be able to join a network automatically or manually. Any ideas? This problem wasn't present with the intel 6300. I am running the latest drivers as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Connection speed can be slowed by

* security utilities that has some special fancy function related with WiFi.

* ROUTER. (Yeah, this is the most annoying one.)

* BIOS, Chipset, Mainboard of your gear might not appreciate Intel 6300

* Driver install ran into trouble.

* Antenna problem. (Wrong installation will end up with Wi-Fi doom.)

* Wi-Fi card's option is not proper (just like what dhuesca said)

* Sometimes it is power issue. Maybe your gear lacks enough power to feed its parts. (Lenovo Y510P has this problem. CPU runs out of power, resulting drop of load rate. slowing stuffs.)

Make sure that your gear supports 6300. Make sure that antennais properly installed. Make sure that Wi-Fi type (a/b/g/n etc.) is proper.

Make sure NO wireless home phone signal interrupting your Wi-Fi. Most of digital wireless home phone uses same frequency that is used for Wi-Fi. It causes mayhem, so you might want to use 5Ghz based Wi-Fi signal.

• 1 month later...

the simple way to check is to try a different channel on your router. most are preset to channel 11 and nobody changes them so interference is everywhere. many wireless devices use common channels as well 11,5. Try changing it to another and see if that helps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know everyone loves to throw the word interference but I would highly recommend you look at some article on google about connection problem. It could be due to where your router is located, your subscription. Some wireless companies actually slowed down your internet if you are a repeat offender of copyright violation. It could be that the company is slowing down internet due to high volume usage at peak time. Not everything is result of interference.