Laptop Cooling Pad

krwilson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They can help lower temperatures by as much as 15 Celsius depending on ambient temp, laptop model, and current laptop ventilation.

However most cooling pads are gimmicks and do absolutely nothing. however for a good price you can get a "cooler Master" off ebay or amazon for $20 or so.

Aluminum build, 3 moveable fans can be moved around the entire cooling pad to direct flow through ventilation ports located differently across all laptop models.

Variable speed, comfortable, ergonomic, durable, and very helpful.

Cooler Master NotePal U2 Laptop Cooling Pad with Dual 80 mm Configurable Fans | eBay

Cooler Master NotePal U3 Plus Laptop Cooling Pad with Three Configurable High | eBay

Does anyone have experience with the cooling pads with the usb hub and the 2.5" hdd slot in them? I am debating whether to get that, or get a different type of cooling pad and an enclosure for my spare 2.5" drive. From the looks of it, the fans are right where they need to be for the Y510p.

All about USB | USB 3.0, USB Gaming, USB Lifestyle | Brando Workshop : USB Notebook Cooling Pad + 3-Port Hub + 2.5" HDD Dock

I just got the Coolermaster X3 today, going to try it out later.

@Varron, your name is really messing me up when I look at the recent threads, lol.

How is the cooling pad working out for you? Is it worth getting?

How is the cooling pad working out for you? Is it worth getting?

Just picked it up yesterday and still haven't done any testing besides turning it on. However it is louder than I was expecting (even on low) but that shouldn't matter since I wear headphones when gaming. I will update shortly.

The Cooler Master Notepal x3 is really nice. Giant fan and pretty quiet. It'll put you back about 30 dollars, but I say it's worth it. Especially for a heat generating beast like a Lenovo y500.

I totally agree with this, i've had a hard time finding a notebook cooler as powerful as this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Could use a recommendation too. I had a macbook pro and a sony before I brought this y510p sli and the y510p is the coolest one is y510p. I did tried a few cooling pad for my previous laptops although none would work.

I use the Notepal U3 with my Y580. I can put the 3 fans in the right spots for the 3 opening on the underside, and with a rolled up towel, I can have it n my lap elevated slightly. Works really well for me, as this chair I am in is also where I play my games from.

I have a Y510p I live in Mexico and it is quite some warm down here. I was having troubles to play a few intensive games as my GPU would reach up to 95 and then just shut down. I tried a few coolpads, many of them would even cool down 2 degrees. I just got from amazon the Cooler Master NotePal U3 and it actually works quite well. It stills reaching about some times 85-90 degress, but at least it won't shutdown. I think the trick is to get a coolpad that can actually send air flow direcly to the fans to help them.

Another trick that I believe may give you a hand is to repaste your CPU and GPU. There are a few topics around here that say that the paste work is very bad and a very bad quality.

I have used a cheapo laptop cooler and the temps did not go down much...maybe 1C or 2C I have found that my laptop, Y510P 755M SLI, runs cooler with 2 DVD cases stacked under each rear foot peg, much cheaper than buying a cooler.

I use a cooling pad on my ASUS laptop and my idle temp went down from 45 degrees Ceslsius to 35. Also while gaming it decreased by 15 degrees from 75-80 to around 60. It was worth the small price of 20 euro to prevent overheating.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a CoolerMaster Notepad XL for my Y510p. I keeps the notebook cold with its mesh all over and the 230mm fan is quite. The 3 port USB-Hub is just a USB-Power Hub so I have no usage for that. But for 20€ it is a real good cooling pad.

I've always been partial to Antec (always had good luck with them). I use the antec laptop cooling stand (Amazon.com: Cooling Mini-Workstation NOTEBOOK COOLER STAND By: Antec Inc Fiber Optic Cables: Office Products) so it will sit up from the desk a little. We actually get them for our graphics department at work for all of their macbook pros. You can change the fan on it to something a bit more powerful if you like. Never had a problem with them. My y510p with SLI 755m's runs just fine on it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have Cooler Master NotePal U2 with Two Configurable 80mm Fans and it work excellent on my last Y570 and my new Y510p!

I also have a CM Notepal U2 and it's great, drops my temps by almost 10C.