svl7 we need you for Windows 8.1 :)

Florin

Anyone know if the "bios"-flasher linked a previous post works on the Y510p with 750m SLI, I managed to flash the Ultrabay but it refuses to flash the soldered card, returns EEPROM error when I try to flash, both in DOS and with the .bat-file

or having the Ultrabay-flashed with the new vBIOS is suficient for Windows 8.1 SLI with 331-drivers?

You should not be flashing the main board card, my understanding is that vBIOS is updated with the main one. In any case, you only need to flash the ultrabay card.

Anyone know if the "bios"-flasher linked a previous post works on the Y510p with 750m SLI, I managed to flash the Ultrabay but it refuses to flash the soldered card, returns EEPROM error when I try to flash, both in DOS and with the .bat-file

or having the Ultrabay-flashed with the new vBIOS is suficient for Windows 8.1 SLI with 331-drivers?

The Ultrabay vBIOS update should be all you need for working SLI in Windows 8.1 on your Y510p. Just keep in mind it's completely stock, so no unlocked overclocking limit and voltage control on the second GPU until svl7 gets around to modding it.

The main BIOS update won't work as you experienced because it's for Y500 not Y510p. Y510p BIOS updates and mods are in their own sticky.

Flash the new vbios in the DOS plz.

Files are uploaded here.

Download multiple files from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Leaked vbios which fixed the SLI issue in Win8.1.

with an official bios update 2.04.

Original thread (chinese only)

¸Õ¸ÕµÃµ½ÁªÏëÌṩµÄwindows8.1 Ë«¿¨sliµÄvbios_y500°É_°Ù¶ÈÌù°É

Please be free to do the BIOS / VBIOS modification.:78:

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

The files are for techinferno only.

Please DO NOT FOWARD the files to any site else.

[per file provider's request from the original theared]

If you want to keep this within Tech Inferno I suggest removing and locking that Sendspace link and uploading the three files as attachments on here. That way only people with download permissions on this site can access them. Otherwise you know they will be spread all over the Interwebz.

svl7 thanks in advance for the work you do. I have your modded BIOS on my y500, 2.04 if I'm not mistaken. Will I need to go back to stock BIOS 2.02 before I flash your not-yet-completed modded BIOS for overclocked SLI to work in Windows 8.1? Thanks for all the help again, much appreciated.

svl7 thanks in advance for the work you do. I have your modded BIOS on my y500, 2.04 if I'm not mistaken. Will I need to go back to stock BIOS 2.02 before I flash your not-yet-completed modded BIOS for overclocked SLI to work in Windows 8.1? Thanks for all the help again, much appreciated.

Nope. Just wait for svl7 to mod the updated Ultrabay vBIOS for your respective GPU and flash that. No need to reflash the main BIOS.

So... This leaked update WILL fix SLI for the y500? I'm not worried about modding bios for overclocking purposes at this point.

I just want to make sure this will restore SLI functionality with no worries about bricking my machine since this isn't an official Lenovo release. And will I need to make copies of my previous bios version before installing this update even though I am running stock 2.02?

This is Confirmed to be working,

I just ran the vbios.bat in windows

and now sli is back.

I did that though the cmd screen freezes...

--

Nevermind, i did that through DOS and its ok now. Sli working normally. tested for a few hours!

Scamilton i've not faced any trouble after updating the bios/ vbios!

Flash the new vbios in the DOS plz.

Files are uploaded here.

Download multiple files from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Leaked vbios which fixed the SLI issue in Win8.1.

with an official bios update 2.04.

Original thread (chinese only)

¸Õ¸ÕµÃµ½ÁªÏëÌṩµÄwindows8.1 Ë«¿¨sliµÄvbios_y500°É_°Ù¶ÈÌù°É

Please be free to do the BIOS / VBIOS modification.:78:

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

The files are for techinferno only.

Please DO NOT FOWARD the files to any site else.

[per file provider's request from the original theared]

AWESOME STUFF! Thanks a bunch!

Got it working by downloading those files (BIOS v2.04 and vbios650sli), creating a DOS bootable USB stick using Rufus and downloading the latest NVflash for DOS.

From the latest NVflash zip, I took the files CWSDPMI.exe and NVFLASH.exe and replaced the ones in the unzipped VBIOS folder from Sendspace (otherwise I got a "Cannot be run in DOS mode" while trying to flash), and dumping all the files into the root directory of my DOS ready USB stick.

Restarted > F2 > Boot > Boot Mode: Legacy support > save and exit.

I did have to turn off EEPROM write protection using nvflash --protectoff for the flashing to work. Then I flashed the VBIOS by typing "nvflash -i1 -6 7003A.rom" (i1 indicating the ultrabay card). (more on flashing VBIOS here)

Works like a charm, tried it with some basic overclocking in Metro: Last Light!

post-18796-14494996335304_thumb.jpg

Finally offical of lenovo.

Hi All,

Good news!!!

IdeaPad Y400, Y500:

NVIDIA GeForce GT650M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500

NVIDIA GeForce GT750M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500

IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p:

NVIDIA GeForce GT750M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p

NVIDIA GeForce GT755M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p

Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the VBIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.

Print this file so that you can refer to it during the installation.

Anything related to the new vbios, please open a new thread for discussion so we can track the discussion easier.

Thank you for your time and support!! 16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Regards,

Cleo

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, saw the thread on forums.lenovo.com, was just about to let people know but you took the lead rune-d :) Well done.

People who will go with the official way please let us know if it is the same vBios as the leaked one.

I haven't downloaded the files from Lenovo.

Yes, saw the thread on forums.lenovo.com, was just about to let people know but you took the lead rune-d :) Well done.

People who will go with the official way please let us know if it is the same vBios as the leaked one.

I haven't downloaded the files from Lenovo.

Well i didn't try the leaked one because i have the gt755m, the only diffrent in the version number was 2f vs 32 on lenovo's new version.

Hi All,

Good news!!!

IdeaPad Y400, Y500:

NVIDIA GeForce GT650M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500

NVIDIA GeForce GT750M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y400, Y500

IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p:

NVIDIA GeForce GT750M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p

NVIDIA GeForce GT755M Second VGA BIOS Update for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p

Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the VBIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.

Anything related to the new vbios, please open a new thread for discussion so we can track the discussion easier.

Regards,

Cleo

Waiting patiently for the @svl7 mod magic on these now. :)

Hi All,

Good news!!!

IdeaPad Y400, Y500:

IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p:

Regards,

Cleo

Thanks!

Great to gear that Lenovo finally has released an official (non-Chinese) VBIOS! I just re-flashed with that one, just in case there are any improvements, though I highly doubt it. But why not.

I don't know if this will help you but the official readme said the update was October 12, 2013 and the BIOS versions that are reported in GPU-Z are :

80.07.9D.00.3D

80.07.9D.00.3D (P2044-nb3q)

I wasn't able to figure out what card was which sorry. From the readme looks like Lenovo knew about it during 8.1 testing and was actively working on a fix. Really should have communicated it better. Oh well. Still really happy with the laptop.

DuncDog,

If you haven't updated to 8.1 I would recommend it as there are a whole pile of good usability enhancements. Once you have download the vbios flash for 8.1. Make sure you go into the Device manager to confirm which card you have 750 or 755. Flashing the wrong card bios will cause more problems than flashing the 8 bios in 8.1.

This is gonna sound a bit noobish, but should we flash the vbios from Windows 8 or 8.1...? I'm just curious if it matters or if I'm just being overly concerned a out how to go a about this.

Since the problem is with SLI in Win8.1, you should flash it within 8.1. But I don't know if it makes any difference if you flash it within 8.0.

This is gonna sound a bit noobish, but should we flash the vbios from Windows 8 or 8.1...? I'm just curious if it matters or if I'm just being overly concerned a out how to go a about this.

Doesn't matter, but SLI won't work in 8.1 until you flash the vBIOS update.

- - - Updated - - -

Are these the latest we've got?

650m

80.07.27.00.3A (P1304-fd10)

Yes. 10char.

Well, I'm back to update on the SLI functioning regardless of driver once in Windows 8.1. With EVGA Precision 4.2.1 The 2nd GPU clocks up to the same clocks as the 1st when under load, with the exception that it can only go up to 1189mhz core due to not having unlocked bios from our pal slv7. I know I have the y510p with the 750m(s). I'm not foolish enough to flash what I don't have in my system guys. My original question revolved around the thought that the system might not have been able to access the correct part of the 2nd GPU to successfully complete the flash. Although in the aftermath, it seemed foolish of me to think that because Lenovo made this FOR windows 8.1. Oh well. I can confirm it works like a dream regardless, although I'm still waiting for slv7 to work the magic, very patiently I might add.