svl7 we need you for Windows 8.1 :)

Florin

If you keep waiting for lenovo you would never have a working machine, better look here on the forum where svl7 does all the hard work for lenovo.

I have a lenovo y580 with 2.07 BIOS (shipped with windows 7) I installed windows 8 but i don't have a matching BIOS (8.0x), it's sad lenovo doesn't give any support on this.

Flash the new vbios in the DOS plz.

Files are uploaded here.

Download multiple files from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Leaked vbios which fixed the SLI issue in Win8.1.

with an official bios update 2.04.

Original thread (chinese only)

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2662259675

Please be free to do the BIOS / VBIOS modification.:78:

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

The files are for techinferno only.

Please DO NOT FOWARD the files to any site else.

[per file provider's request from the original theared]

• Thumbs Up 3

Flash the new vbios in the DOS plz.

Files are uploaded here.

Download multiple files from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Leaked vbios which fixed the SLI issue in Win8.1.

with an official bios update 2.04.

Original thread (chinese only)

¸Õ¸ÕµÃµ½ÁªÏëÌṩµÄwindows8.1 Ë«¿¨sliµÄvbios_y500°É_°Ù¶ÈÌù°É

- - - Updated - - -

Vbios are updated above.

Please be free to do the BIOS / VBIOS modification.:78:

Nice find! And Lenovo said this is coming in a week or two? ROFL. Well looks like we won't have to wait for so long. Great leak.

Why are there two versions each, a .zip and a .7z, of the SLI 650M and 750M vBIOS in that Chinese thread? Sorry, Google Translate isn't really helping.

Now waiting patiently for @svl7 to mod these files so we can have a V2.04 BIOS mod and SLI 650M/750M vBIOS mod which allow SLI to work in Windows 8.1.

Dear svl7,

What if we extract the 'nVidia updated' VBIOS from the Y5x0 main bios and flash it to the ultrabay GPU?

Could this work?

Greetings,

Auke Nauta

Why would you do that when the necessary files have already been leaked per above?

Nice find! And Lenovo said this is coming in a week or two? ROFL. Well looks like we won't have to wait for so long. Great leak.

Why are there two versions each, a .zip and a .7z, of the SLI 650M and 750M vBIOS in that Chinese thread? Sorry, Google Translate isn't really helping.

Now waiting patiently for @svl7 to mod these files so we can have a V2.04 BIOS mod and SLI 650M/750M vBIOS mod which allow SLI to work in Windows 8.1.

It does not matter for the duplicate files for the .zip and the .7z.

I have checked the md5 checksum for both zips, but found no difference.

The .7z is the official data with the NVFLASH for windows, but it does not work.

The .zip seems to be the repacked files with dos flasher.

I have already flashed it, and it does work.:)

It does not matter for the duplicate files for the .zip and the .7z.

I have checked the md5 checksum for both zips, but found no difference.

The .7z is the official data with the NVFLASH for windows, but it does not work.

The .zip seems to be the repacked files with dos flasher.

I have already flashed it, and it does work.:)

Thanks for the info! So SLI works now in Windows 8.1?

Now all we need is for svl7 to mod this, because this is still stock which means the hardware whitelist, overclocking limit, and lack of GPU voltage control are still there.

Thanks, that looks cool. It's really sad that all new bios for this system are leaked versions and Lenovo doesn't provide a shit... :(

I'll take a look at it. When I get the chance I'll mod it tomorrow, else it will probably be after the weekend.

EDIT: Yeah, that's the 204 bios, that one has been leaked for quite a while now... vbios is newer if I'm not mistaken.

the vBios for the 650M locks the speed of the gpu :)@svl7 maybe you can customize their ROM so that we can OC the second GPU too?

With this leaked ROM and Nvidia driver 331.58 Y500 can be a king again. Steam games work ok, we only need the OC and we'll be fullly happy! :D

Warning! Please check the following: After flashing their ROM the AC adaptor makes noises while I use the laptop. For ex: When I scroll it makes small noises like sparkling electricity. Also I don't know for sure how it was before, but it looks like the AC heats up a lot!

EDIT: Yeah, that's the 204 bios, that one has been leaked for quite a while now... vbios is newer if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, 2.04 is the modded version that's currently available for the Y400/Y500. But this is the first time the official 2.04 update has been available, the only official update previously available was the 2.02 leak.

So there are no changes in this official 2.04 update compared to your 2.04 mod? Same vBIOS version for the main GPU0? I'm guessing the Ultrabay GPU1 vBIOS is the one that is updated with this leak.

I think what I'll do is flash back to unmodded 2.02 using the backup of my original BIOS, use official update to 2.04, then flash your 2.04 mod again. That way my EC version gets updated to 2.04 as well. Right now I'm using your 2.04 mod but only BIOS version is at 2.04, EC version is still at 2.02. Kind of convoluted but I doubt I'll be able to apply the official 2.04 update directly from my modded 2.04. All this should be safe to do right?

Looks like there are two vBIOS files in the leaks. I'm guessing the VBIOSBAC.bin is the original 650M/750M vBIOS and the other .rom file is the updated vBIOS. EDIT: Yep, confirmed by the NVFLASH commands in the Vbios.bat files.

Google Chrome is telling me that all these files are malware, but virus scans check out. If this is the last message I type from my Y500, y'all know what happened to me. :too_sad:

Yeah, 2.04 is the modded version that's currently available for the Y400/Y500. But this is the first time the official 2.04 update has been available, the only official update previously available was the 2.02 leak.

So there are no changes in this official 2.04 update compared to your 2.04 mod? Same vBIOS version for the main GPU0? I'm guessing the Ultrabay GPU1 vBIOS is the one that is updated with this leak.

I think what I'll do is flash back to unmodded 2.02 using the backup of my original BIOS, use official update to 2.04, then flash your 2.04 mod again. That way my EC version gets updated to 2.04 as well. Right now I'm using your 2.04 mod but only BIOS version is at 2.04, EC version is still at 2.02. Kind of convoluted but I doubt I'll be able to apply the official 2.04 update directly from my modded 2.04. All this should be safe to do right?

Looks like there are two vBIOS files in the leaks. I'm guessing the VBIOSBAC.bin is the original 650M/750M vBIOS and the other .rom file is the updated vBIOS. EDIT: Yep, confirmed by the NVFLASH commands in the Vbios.bat files.

Google Chrome is telling me that all these files are malware, but virus scans check out. If this is the last message I type from my Y500, y'all know what happened to me. :too_sad:

I flashed the unofficial 204 bios and its working. The bluetooth issue still persists using windows 8.1 and the 204 bios. When I disable the wireless lan in the bios then the bluetooth works ALSO after waking up from sleep. So it's the combination of WLAN and bluetooth that doesn't work. My guess is that it can only be fixed by making good drivers and not by any bios update.

To klebs:

I have the 2.04 modded bios by svl7.

I flashed with the same steps that are in the tutorial of svl7, the leaked vBios for the 2nd GPU (so not directly in Windows, I made the bootable dos USB stick)

You cannot overclock it, it stays at 790Mhz, the memory can be OC but the frequency not.

I don't know how you were able to OC the frequency of the 2nd GPU.

I can OC the 1st GPU past 135mhz frequency (because of the 2.04 modded bios) but not the frequency of 2nd GPU.

To klebs:

I have the 2.04 modded bios by svl7.

I flashed with the same steps that are in the tutorial of svl7, the leaked vBios for the 2nd GPU (so not directly in Windows, I made the bootable dos USB stick)

You cannot overclock it, it stays at 790Mhz, the memory can be OC but the frequency not.

I don't know how you were able to OC the frequency of the 2nd GPU.

I can OC the 1st GPU past 135mhz frequency (because of the 2.04 modded bios) but not the frequency of 2nd GPU.

As far as I know, you don't need a modded bios at all if you stay within the 135 limit. My 3dmark scores indicate the cards is OC'd. Try using nvidia inspector's command line options, that's what I use.

Do worry about that.

It is working properly with my Y500.

- - - Updated - - -

does these files also work for the y510p? I have the 1.10 modded bios to bypass wifi whitelist

I am not quite sure about this.

Personally speaking, waiting for a confirmed update for Y510p is recommended, since it's on your own risk for flashing.

Anyone know if the "bios"-flasher linked a previous post works on the Y510p with 750m SLI, I managed to flash the Ultrabay but it refuses to flash the soldered card, returns EEPROM error when I try to flash, both in DOS and with the .bat-file

or having the Ultrabay-flashed with the new vBIOS is suficient for Windows 8.1 SLI with 331-drivers?