Alienware Warranty & Return Issues

GetFound

Hey my tech said it has to be approved via manager and now awaiting finance dept approval. Hoping I hear Monday and rep make laptop specs offer as there is no m17xr2 and no outlet here in Aus I guess it will be a m18x?? I have a 940xm so I guess it will be a 2960xm?

I was just offered a R3 and have put in a facts for a m18x

Specs Offered m17xR3

1920x1080 120Hz LCD & 3D Glasses

580m GTX

2860 CPU

8Gb Ram

750GB Raid 0 HDD

Still waiting to find out :(

Edited by DanXbix

Yeah its the top specs offered here in AUS with a RRP $4128 while i appreciate it i really want a Dual GPU setup as i had before and to me the 3D LCD on a laptop is really not necessary on such a small screen. The rep handling the replacement has sent an email stating they are checking specs with tech support but this wait is killing me lol

I have never felt so stressed about a @&%$ laptop

who actually chooses specs? is it the person ringing to say replacement is approved?

• Founder
WooHoo!!!! got specs

M18x

2960xm CPU

8gb 1600mhz Ram

580m GTX SLI

750gb x2 Raid 0

1920x1080 LCD

Sweet config :)

Wow those are amazing specs, congrats buddy! Looking forward to some benchmarks.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

A single experience so far. The right ALT key was acting funny on the m18x. I called the hotline and requested a new keyboard. They want to send a technicial, I refused. Asked for the keyboard only. They sent me a new KB right away and it came next morning. No bullshit questions, no nothing. That was quite impressive I must say. (BTW, if I only knew that the 2-pipe HS cannot be ordered for DYI installation, I'd actually request a technician to install both, the KB and that goddamn heatsink...)

Well my saga continues eta of 30/11/11 and still hasn't shipped according to online status. M14x ordered 1 week later has been built and shipped lol

Update: for anyone who has a order at build complete stage sometimes they forget to scan so it updates status. Mine just went from build complete to arrived in AUS after 5days.

Edited by DanXbix

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear All, I bought by Alienware m17x r4 from Dell.nl this november 2012 (680m 2800euro), It accidently slid of my bed, and the lcd broke.., Its very sad to see such a beauty with a broken screen, I didnt purchase any extended guaranty or insurance, but do you still think there is a chance / way that the warranty might cover this ?

• 9 months later...

Costa Rica for Alienware support. Every time. Dell extended Warranty Department in India Will mislead you and try get the calls and say there the Alienware Department, 2 months to get my system fixed till I got the real Department in Costa Rica.In 3 Days I had new system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember when I called about my issues with my m17xr3, it's as if they don't know their own systems.

I recall when talking to one of the dell tech support representatives, they didn't even know that the alienware had replaceable parts. :U

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had a 4 year warranty on some Dell systems. I requested a warranty extension online and had to answer a few questions by phone, but was able to do it. There were multiple machines and it was for a large corporation so risk vs reward for them might have been good enough to extend them. I know they will work on systems not under warranty for a price, but for only system under 5 years old. Anything under that and they won't touch it. As for laptops I have never been able to get anything but a 2 year warranty on batteries. They just accept the fact they will wear down after use.