Alienware Warranty & Return Issues

GetFound

Pardon me if this exists already but I'm looking for a central place for owners to post issues they have had with getting service on their system or problems so bad they have needed a replacement/refund. If were having major widespread problems, others can find out here.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Dell is a fickle money hungry giant that needs to learn its lesson in customer service. Anything you do in regards to repairs, warranties and etc.. you will have to fight them for a long time especially long phone calls, mysterious (yeah) dropped calls and numerous email attempts to obtain any word on your case. Check here at what Better Business Bureau has to say about them.

http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/computers-dealers/alienware-in-round-rock-tx-90019025

Dell Inc Business Review in Round Rock, TX - Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin BBB

The last link check out the government action against dell.

I think my cooling issues are gone now but I was very nervous about getting a replacement. On the other hand I have read users are getting M18x's for replacements on M17x's. I dont think theyd give me my money back if my system dies after a year.

• 1 month later...

UGH, I created this thread for a reason apparently. My primary video card failed Saturday. I called to get the part on its way and they forgot to transfer my warranty after the last replacement. So since that system was of course down, I had to wait until today to place another service call. I got the girl that works there and she has always been very helpful. The warranty transfer department was closed but she is going to call in 2 hours with them on the line and help me out...

oh man you got the call back line, 95% of the time they will never call back. I recommend calling back in an hour or two to see if the system is back up and running. dell systems seems to be down anything time we have problems, hahaha

• Founder
don't know what happened, guess I have to go make a new one.

edit: hmm can't make new avatar either, for some reason i get the can't save image error. :(

Sorry about that man, try now ..

We're expecting some quirks today due to server upgrade.

AW did a good job this time. They only sent the primary card but luckily that was it. Case closed. The onsite tech was happy, I already had the laptop open - old card out. All he had to do was insert card , tighten down and test. I even put it back together for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

just extended warranty on my m17xr2 for another 2 years for $424aus woohoo was going to get 6970m's cards hope it was worth it! love this m17xr2 One problem is SLI micro-stuttering and throttling of cards, does anyone have this issue?

Edited by DanXbix

Having trouble with my machine overheating, throttling & touchpanel works on and off. Logged with dell and they are going to replace motherboard, graphics cards, heatsinks & touchpanel. called dell today and graphics cards are on backorder and they are saying a few days (from m1730 days i don't think this will be the case) 2 calls today and they can't give my an exact answer when i will have my machine working again. they have requested different parts so they say (5870m) but when i check service no online & case its only showing "customer initiated call". this is a replacement system should i email rep that processed order for this machine?

logged on the 28th and still no parts today (2nd). have called them 5 times but no rep can give me any info on ETA just keep saying service tech will call in 1 day. Also they gave me a case no & service call no. the service call,tag etc doesn't show anything under support history on dell.com & case no shows a case with open-assigned. The last rep i talked to said they can't swap parts for different ones (even though i now they can and have before for me with my old system) like for like he quoted.

Should i just be patient? or should i email the person that replaced machine?

reaching 100c on CPU and getting hard shutdowns (sometimes just sits at 100c and freezes)

Edited by DanXbix

The more you make it their problem the more you get done. I had to be very adamant that I wasn't going to wait months or weeks for anything that at such an expensive range in equipment they should have the parts in stock at all times...

well 6th call and spent 1hr+ on the phone followed your advice :) they have no stock of any 285m SLI or 5870m xfire and i said if no stock and you can't give me a ETA i want a replacement. Dell rep put me on hold for 25mins and found some 5870m's from another customer??. she said i should have it fixed by no later then Monday next week. how is that for NBD haha over 1 week.

• Thumbs Up 1