Lenovo y500

noesges97

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you have the core i5 and do you have 2x 650M in SLI? You could add a second 650m if you don't. That should help with game performance. As far as upgrading the CPU I don't think you can and even if it was possible I don't think it would be the best bang for your buck. You would be better off selling your current laptop and upgrading to something else.

My Hdd is very slow too and my SSD is too small (32gb) so i want to ask you what HDD and what SSD i can do in the notebook, because i dont know what size, what sata... When you want you can send me Links or say me just the name or what sata and what size. i want min. 200 gb SSD and HDD 1000gb min. But im not rich so please not so expensive ^^

noesges

If I remember correctly Samsung 840 Pro does not come in mSATA form.

One of the most popular ways is to put your OS and some programs (depending on what you buy not everything might fit) on the SSD and the rest on your HDD.

Although 64GB would be enough for OS I'd recommend 128GB. I have been using Crucial M4 128GB mSATA for the last ~4 months and I have on it my OS (Win7), all programs and 1 game (SC2), and I still have 70GB of free space.

Just look around on the internet. Compare benchmarks, read reviews and user comments.

If I remember correctly Samsung 840 Pro does not come in mSATA form.

It does, and it's called the PM841. Only problem is you can't find it anywhere since it's an OEM part only and not sold through normal retail channels.

Samsung PM841 512GB mSATA SSD Review - Performance and Capacity in a Client SSD | The SSD Review

Well it's not "Samsung 840 Pro", but "PM841" then. Mondeo and Jaguar X-type are based on the same platform, so is it the same car?

Moreover, it's not available in retail, so what's the point of all that? Give me a break...

Anyway, OP looks for something cheap, right?

Well it's not "Samsung 840 Pro", but "PM841" then. Mondeo and Jaguar X-type are based on the same platform, so is it the same car?

Moreover, it's not available in retail, so what's the point of all that? Give me a break...

Anyway, OP looks for something cheap, right?

So you're saying just because this and this are different form factors doesn't make them the same drive? Makes total sense...

Also your analogy doesn't come across because I'm not a car guy.

I was just pointing out a technicality in your statement, no need to get defensive.

Well, they usually ARE different drives to be exact. Because the mSATA is physically smaller they use higher density chips and smaller memory controllers (less channels per chip, or narrower bus... don't remember exactly). I can't find my source now, but I'll post it here as soon as I do.

My question is what was the purpose of your post? Because all I can see is that you are only trying to prove me wrong (which in this case you can't) and do not answer the OPs question thus bringing no value to the discussion. Pointless in other words. Next time if you want to "enlighten" someone just send them a private message.

Yes i have the System with the 2 Nvidia Gt650m. I just want to play Arma 2 (DayZ) with better graphics and much poeple say this game need much Proccesor and not so much graphic. is it right?

sry for my bad english

Ive found my y500 doesnt play very bad on this game but maybe that is just me. Are you trying to max everything out?