What is the best bang/buck laptop brand?

fur

Question

I'm just curious as to what brands have the best prices for the highest performance. I've found brands like iBuypower are decently priced compared to alienware and msi. Granted they do cut corners on things that are less essential such as the trackpad and mic to get the price down. Also, what sites do ou find are the best for shopping for a gaming laptop? I personally used newegg for my last two laptops (the first wasn't really a gaming laptop).

I always buy comparing bang for the buck. It all depends on what you need your laptop for: is it gaming (then you need a decent GPU) or battery life / low weight?

Since I wanted have laptop which allowed for gaming: I chose the lenovo y510p GT 755m SLI. It cost less than USD 1300.- (gaming laptop costs usually more than USD 2000).

The y510p is a good bang-for-the-buck gaming laptop, but terrible if you look for a light weight laptop with long battery life. Generally, I try to not buy anything I do not need.

Also you need to research well. For instance I did not look at the specs of the wifi card, and that is where lenovo not saved money!

The lowest (best) price/performance ratio is offered by Clevo but they don't sell it directly so you need to search for the best offers among their white label resellers.

Also, you may consider the MSI GT80 -- pretty cheap laptop.

Lenovo is a pretty good bang for buck brand. I will admit I probably wouldn't buy their stuff personally, but at work most of our PC's are Lenovo's and they have been reliable. I'm just not a fan of their styling.