HELP Lenovo Y580 BIOS Reset/Recovery

Floare Cosmin

Hi guys, first i apologize for my bad english.

Second i have some trouble here, some days ago i updated my BIOS from svl7 thread and it worked but i have gotten over my head and changed some things in my BIOS Settings, the Video ones.

And the problem is that when i start my laptop the display is not showing, the power is on but no image at all.

The BIOS update that i used is

Lenovo_Y480_Y580_-_BIOS_V.206_[unlocked][no whitelist]

Someone told me that i should remove the small battery that keeps the BIOS active that is on the motherboard and it should be located under the keyboard, well i removed the keyboard and i didn't find a thing or i don't know what it looks like or how big/small it is.

Please help here!!!

Well there's the bios recovery procedure that got posted here somewhere... but you also might be able to set the setting back blindly, or load the defaults, if someone tells you which keys you need to press to get that done.

Did you try to use an external monitor? VGA or whatever you have on your system might work.

Another option would be to blindly flash the bios again, but that's more difficult than resetting to defaults blindly.

I tryied with an external monitor and still nothing.

As for blindly trying to press to reset to default BIOS settings i used this IdeaPad Y480 Service Training BIOS simulator as a guide and nothing happened, i do not know if i even goten in the BIOS Menu.

Here i have found this that should help me.

Recovering From A Bad Insyde Bios Flash

But how do i get the Original BIOS file?

EDIT: It is done i finally done it is fixed, i have found the the post you written here with the fix svl7, thank you :)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm in a similar situation now. I would like to know exactly what fixed the problem. I downloaded and used the bios svl7 put out, changed something on it I shouldn't have changed and now my laptop gives nothing but a black screen. Plugginging in an external monitor didn't work. Physically opening up the laptop case and disconnecting the cmos battery didn't work. I need help getting my laptop up and running again. I just joined this forum and need something like 5 posts before I can pm svl7 about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning guys,

So I just tried the unlocked v2.06 BIOS to try to disable my intel GFX as it is causing me video issues right now with dual monitor (Lenovo Y580)

basically, I did what Pauldragulin did, and now I need "the fix" talked about above. I have been searching for a couple hours now without actually finding what solved the issue here guys.

I was also looking for my CMOS battery but could not find it very easily (probably need to strip down the whole laptop to get access...)

A reply soon would be appreciated! URGENT!

Is anyone able to offer some insight into this? SVL are you maybe able to inform me which buttons are the correct ones for a Y580 bios recovery? where I could possibly find the original BIOS? anything that would point me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks,

Jason Pichie