Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

• Bios Modder
30 minutes ago, mihail1 said:

still the same:((

please, maybe some other solution

Now  just go in bios setup menu and  go into your BIOS settings, and in the settings search an option to enable/disable to previous version ( Configuration-> BIOS Back Flash).  Enable it, save, then exit normally to your Desktop and just flash original stock 3.05 Lenovo bios by using lenovo automated tool.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, mihail1 said:

Ok works:)

Thx

Unfortunately I can not download files:(

Can someone give me permission, please

You can read User account promotion rules:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. Can somebody help me. I was able to make this mod but unfortunately I don't see the "Graphic Device" option on the BIOS setting to change it to Discrete or UMA.

Sad because the main reason I made this mod is to setup an eGPU for my Y510p and from the videos I've watched you need to change the Graphic Device setting for it to work. Unfortunately for mine, I don't see that option. 

You can see the option from a screenshot I took from a video I watched. 

Anybody got an idea about this? I would really appreciate it. 

BIOS 001.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for nothing, I carefully go through all the steps for this mod just so I can swap my wifi card and half way down I'm not allowed to download the files!! what?.. I have to post 5 things over a week and wait for someone to review my account? wtf!! Please admin delete my account I won't be coming back here again. Cheers.

2 hours ago, liamuk36 said:

Thanks for nothing, I carefully go through all the steps for this mod just so I can swap my wifi card and half way down I'm not allowed to download the files!! what?.. I have to post 5 things over a week and wait for someone to review my account? wtf!! Please admin delete my account I won't be coming back here again. Cheers.

Is posting 5 comments and a week of your time really too much to ask for? These files and this guide have been provided free of charge by the community; all that asked for in return is a very loose confirmation that you're not a bot or a troll. Hopefully, you reconsider as replacing a WiFi card can be a huge quality of life improvement.

On 25/09/2017 at 7:45 PM, Klem said:

I remember 3.05 there was no whitelist removal, so I had to go back to 2.07 modded for whitelist. Does 3.08 modded bios has whitelist removed? I also cannot download v3.08 modded, links are expired :( anyone knows how to download?

which one is the best bios ??? i have 305 so what should i install ???

as for some information: i try to update the bios to version 3.08 from the lenovo website windows 8.1 bios update.exe but it tells me: invaled firmware version

i run windows 10

Edited by psycho2211

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the updated bios and the instructions, updating BIOS and Bay vBIOS went smoothly.

I was looking to increase the overall GPU-SLI stability by slightly overvolting, that's why I did the mod. Never wanted to go beyond that "+135" or so. However, after the mod, the GPUs just won't overclock at all, though the OC range seems to have increased by a lot. The clock never goes beyond 1058MHz. Downclocks just fine.

Did a clean nvidia drivers update, reinstalled MSI Afterburner, tried out the Nvidia Inspector and EVGA Precision and nothing seems to work.

P.S.: I have no thermal issues whatsoever, as I have modded my fans by adding switches to their brown wires (I can have them spinning as crazy at will)

Hello

I have successfully modded the bios flash but now my boot drive (m.2 NGFF SSD) is missing. I cannot see it any where in the BIOS or boot menu. I can see the regular HDD in the sata bay.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Alright, so i'm that guy struggling to make a bootable USB drive. I've tried 3 different flashdrives and (one being brand new, never used) and I get the same "Device media is write-protected" 

Ive tried all of the tutorials to remove that issue but still run into the same problem. Anyone have any tips to get around that?

1 hour ago, jondish said:

Alright, so i'm that guy struggling to make a bootable USB drive. I've tried 3 different flashdrives and (one being brand new, never used) and I get the same "Device media is write-protected" 

Ive tried all of the tutorials to remove that issue but still run into the same problem. Anyone have any tips to get around that?

I had the same issue.  Try using diskpart to reset it.  Then try again.  Or something I keep trying and it would say it complete. 

What got me was you need to go to the bios and allow for legacy support boot else it would not recognize the USB.  I thought I had bad usb sticks. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, zzricezz said:

I had the same issue.  Try using diskpart to reset it.  Then try again.  Or something I keep trying and it would say it complete. 

What got me was you need to go to the bios and allow for legacy support boot else it would not recognize the USB.  I thought I had bad usb sticks. 

I tried all of that. Oddly enough, I booted up my old Dell laptop and followed the same steps and it didn't give me that error at all....I have no clue, but I won't argue. 

I searched all over this thread. 

Trying to get the Bios Backup file but I'm running Windows 10. 

I tried adding the folder under the C drive and then trying to backup via the Command prompt, but nada

Anyone have some guidance in regards to getting the actual backup file for the bios?