Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Download GPU-Z and rightclick on its menu to open ASIC Quality. Report that of both gpus. Secondly, I suggest you buy a good cooling pad. I'm too looking for one, but confused whether to buy one with a big 200mm fan or with 60mm fans directed at the intake vents? What do you suggest?

Ok I did it. Here are the values: 78.7%; 78.6%. I think I won't buy a cooling pad... :) because I think it isn't worth it. Is there any other program that I can use to control the voltages? Nvidia inspector works but it just goes in 12.5mv steps. MSI Afterburner prevents me to change the voltage and I'd like to change the voltage by 1mv steps if it's possible. Thanks

I have few questions about this modded bios. I would like to know if fan noise is quieter after flashing the new bios and if I can succefuly revert if I have the newest BIOS version 3.08.

Ok I did it. Here are the values: 78.7%; 78.6%. I think I won't buy a cooling pad... :) because I think it isn't worth it. Is there any other program that I can use to control the voltages? Nvidia inspector works but it just goes in 12.5mv steps. MSI Afterburner prevents me to change the voltage and I'd like to change the voltage by 1mv steps if it's possible. Thanks

Your values are good but I have seen better. Higher values mean the chip works at lower voltages. Anyways, I suggest you get a cooling pad with summer almost here. There is no program which would let u increase or decrease voltage in small increments. There are games which will let you undervolt till -162mv and be stable. Games from Crytek for instance. Try Crysis 3 and Ryse. So just dont fret over some games that dont like a heavy undervolt. I suggest you use a cooling pad for these.

Your values are good but I have seen better. Higher values mean the chip works at lower voltages. Anyways, I suggest you get a cooling pad with summer almost here. There is no program which would let u increase or decrease voltage in small increments. There are games which will let you undervolt till -162mv and be stable. Games from Crytek for instance. Try Crysis 3 and Ryse. So just dont fret over some games that dont like a heavy undervolt. I suggest you use a cooling pad for these.

I think -75mv is a stable value. I get no crashes caused by the undervolt anymore but still overheating. Maybe I should try to underclock? How should I do that? Does anyone know a stress test tool for my GPUs that supports SLI?

I have few questions about this modded bios. I would like to know if fan noise is quieter after flashing the new bios and if I can succefuly revert if I have the newest BIOS version 3.08.

Hi riazet, from what I've read there is no backflashing from BIOS v1.08 but I am not sure, I am certain someone else here such as svl7 could answer this.​I am hoping he will answer my request about the v1.08 BIOS being modded.

EDIT: My question was answered but I almost missed it. My apologies,

In my case it isn't really not liking the restrictions, it's the fact the wifi card that comes with this device in my case is completely and utterly useless, it runs of broadcom drivers but upon examining it it just has a made in spain sticker on it, totally and utterly uselessand drops connection every minute or so, Lenovo should be embarrased selling gaming laptops that are incapable of a decent internet connection, i'd dread to think how long it would take to download a game with this abomination of a wifi in it

is there some kind of tuning machine that on startup changes voltages to -100mv on the cpu, and GPU go to 900Mhz on the core at 0.900 volts

the cpu im fine that way with turbo deactivated

the reason i prefer cooling vs performance is because i live in a place where heat is a major issue, temps of 120 farenheit in the summer

NEVER change the voltage in bios, you will brick your laptop. You can use intel extreme tuning utility to set the voltage and multipliers for cpu, it will set it automatically after each windows boot and nvidia inspector with windows task scheduler to set gpu clock and voltage automatically after logon.

• Thumbs Up 2

I did have a few hiccups during the process such as:

1. No display output during boot. I had originally tried fixing this by creating a connection between the JCMOS2 contacts underneath the RAM on the mobo (couldn't remember blind key strokes to reset BIOS). Unfortunately that sent the system into a constant 5-10 restart. The laptop would fire up, fans would spin, then lose all power right away. Simple fix, I hadn't put the RAM back in. After inserting the RAM, the system booted but still did not display video (maybe JCMOS2 does not reset modified BIOS? I did not investigate this further.)

I was then easily able to fix the display by following the keystrokes here in the first step. Edmar Hobby - Electronic: Lenovo Ideapad Y580 Insyde Bios Reset/Recovery

2. "Unauthorized slave VGA device" error during boot. This one had me worried, as searching google only came back with results such as Overheated GPU and broken GPU in general. After I realized I had removed/reinserted the Ultrabay GPU multiple times during my troubles with setting proper video settings in Linux (dual booting with Windows 8.1), I noticed the Ultrabay hadn't been inserted all the way judging by the unlocking mechanism on the bottom of the Y510P (it was not all the way down). After correctly inserting the Ultrabay did this problem disappear.

I only came here looking for a way to manually turn on my Integrated graphics with both GT 750M's in so I can have access to both Nvidia GPU's while using Pyrit in Kali Linux. Unfortunately Debian 8 does not currently support legit Intel drivers for the 4600HD, so I can not use both Nvidias yet in Linux. I do now have all 3 GPU's active and configured in Windows 8.1 though thanks to your modified BIOS.

I really appreciate your work with the BIOS and may stick around judging by the active Y510P community here. Thank you much!

Oh yeah, and I sent you some beer funds!

How did you brick it? I'm still waiting on you bro, to activate my iGpu while the SLI is active.

after updating to stock 3.05 bios from 1.09 received BSOD 0x000000A5 with text "the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification" on Win7 startup

any bios settings changes did not give any results

settings of "OS compatible" and "Legacy boot" was the same (before and after update)

but simple reinstall of windows was helped.

NEVER change the voltage in bios, you will brick your laptop. You can use intel extreme tuning utility to set the voltage and multipliers for cpu, it will set it automatically after each windows boot and nvidia inspector with windows task scheduler to set gpu clock and voltage automatically after logon.

Uuups :D I did it already but reset the options back to default... hopefully nothing got damaged. And i have flashed my VBIOS back to version 3.05 and I think that fixed the crashes for me... I can use the "undervolt&underclock"-file from http://www.mediafire.com/download/mdlmr2zz9kbzzbv/<wbr>NvidiaInspectorForY510p.rar again without crashes. That worked for me before flashing the VBIOS but then no longer. I don't know if the modded VBIOS is faulty? My problem is now that I don't know whether my crashes were caused by the wrong undervolt values or the VBIOS.

Hope for help :)

Where is everyone acquiring their bioses? The lenovo site does not list any and my laptop came with 1.07... I guess I could just mod that and remove the whitelist but I would like to run an updated bios.

Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)

There you can download the 3.08 BIOS update and the VBIOS called second vga BIOS... :)

Still waiting for some ideas about my problem :)

• Thumbs Up 1

i've been away for a while. I am on 2.07 and was wondering if I should upgrade to 3.05 or not? since you downgrade back to 2.07 anyways. also i'm confused why my gpu default is 941 mhz but the ultrabay is 1058mhz? any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately I upgraded last night to v3.08 before I found this thread. Would love to ditch the wifi card as I've been using a bulky USB Wifi stick for months. Are there any plans to mod the v3.08 bios? Can I downgrade back to v3.05? Can't find 3.05 on the Lenovo site anymore.

Thanks for the great site.

Hi All, I followed the instructions to flash the 2.07 bios and the mod. Couldn't get the bios backup tool to work as as soon as I open it , it closes. So I tried some other bios backup utility to create the file. However after installing the 7260AC card the laptop fails to boot up. Just keyboard lights up for a second and screen is blank. The fan spins though. Am I doing something wrong?

post-35112-14495000266305_thumb.png

Ight. I managed to flash both.

Tried to install N6300.

I realized that Intel's new Wi-FI card has some serious issue and it does NOT work in some system.

My D-Link Router allows me to have 2 possible connection. My primary connection does not work with N6300 installed in Y510p. (Actually, it is slower connection with stronger signal)

My Secondary Connection works. (Weak signal but faster.)

when that card is installed in other laptop, it works with no problem.

So, I think Lenovo is forcing us to use their authorized cards, cuz Intel sucks.

I also realized, in some other Y510p sometimes N6300 works without problem.... then suddenly realizes it does not work in some routers.

I think Intel's 8 series chipset and IvyBrige/Haswell have cause of this.

-

Indeed, you CAN use N6300 by flashing BIOS with this modified one. BUT, for some routers, it does not work. However, if you are using really expensive hardcore router, you should able to bypass the problem anyway.

---

Another possible causes

There are some stupid dudes attempting to interfere Wi-Fi signals. There are tons of them doing that malicious thing. So those pirating attempts might be a cause of problem.