Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I think it's good modded bios... ( I don't have find any else)....

Anyone have brick on this laptop with this bios?

I bricked mine, didn't change any voltage settings or overclocking. As soon as I flashed the EC it shut down. Deader than dead, any recovery attempts failed. I was able to get it fixed by Lenovo, though I haven't been able to verify yet, the package just arrived at home today.

That's unfortunate, that's exactly what I did as well. Won't be messing with that next time. How long did it take to get it fixed? Also do I have to worry about my data or my 128gb m.2 ssd?

You don't need to worry about the data on your SSD. The firmware update flashes the BIOS chip on your MOBO. The HDD/SSD should remain undisturbed. If you do brick your laptop though you should be able to remove the SSD and put it in another computer and retrieve the data but I would backup your data prior to the firmware update in case you do brick it you don't have to figure out a way to retrieve data should you need it urgently.

If someone would like to know, my CPU is "dead" (they tested it on another laptop). So, do not undervolt via BIOS :P

Holly shit! Really? That is insane that a little under volting somehow killed the chip. I have a feeling the under volt didn't actually under volt if that is the case.

What excuse did you guys tell lenovo? I think ill just tell them i tried to update my bios and then it wouldnt turn on.

Do it so, since mine got bricked just after updating with regular original bios setup downloaded from their own page; and they are repairing it without any excuse.

Does anyone know if the modded BIOS for the laptop BIOS only work, even if I have the 755M SLI?

It works with SLI. Follow the instructions in post 2 to flash the vbios to your ultrabay gpu.

Did you guys call lenovo or start a chat? I see an option for Warrenty and Claim Administration and I would assume thats the chat I want.

My case is even funnier :D Today i found out that Lenovo knows nothing about my y510p (only country of origin= Holand).. and they can't register my warranty yet:D so now i need to wait for shop, where i bought y510p (some import seller) to give me their invoice as a proof or sth.. what a mess

and final: i was using this laptop for 1 (one) week :D

im gonna cry now

cheers guys

Ugh, i told them I updated my bios and that it didnt turn on afterwords but they labeled it a user accident and so i have to pay for them to replace the motherboard...such as my luck.

I should have just said i turned it off and then it wouldnt turn back on.

Ugh, i told them I updated my bios and that it didnt turn on afterwords but they labeled it a user accident and so i have to pay for them to replace the motherboard...such as my luck.

I should have just said i turned it off and then it wouldnt turn back on.

Just curious, what price did they quote (if you're in the US)?

I did just tell them it wouldn't turn on. Didn't even pay shipping. I figured they wouldn't spend the time needed to see exactly what happened.

Just curious, what price did they quote?

I did just tell them it wouldn't turn on. Didn't even pay shipping. I figured they wouldn't spend the time needed to see exactly what happened.

they didnt know when I asked. They said "we wont know until after the repairs are finished." Which makes no sense but I would guess $200-$250. If the cpu died like someone said in a previous post, add about $100 more. I might try to contest it being a user accident though since their software should work regardless.

So I installed the 3.05 modded bios and vbios on my ultrabay gpu, after changing a few settings with fan speed and processor frequency I can no longer get into the setup menu when i press the novo button. It just boots into windows instead as if i pressed the power button. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: After searching google I figured out that if you press F2 on bootup it will take you directly into the bios. It worked and i reset all my settings back and now the novo button works again.

Edit 2: just bricked my motherboard. Keyboard lights up and fans spin but nothing shows up on the display. Tried the methods on the first page, anyone have anymore methods to reset the bios?

have you tried taking out the mobo battery? the one that looks like a quarter?

Hi again, im trying to repea my question.

What can i do if i cannot save my lenovo bios using: fptw64.exe, fpt.exe ??

Im using W8 x64. On screenhots you can see what error i have when im trying to backup bios, also what hardware/os im using and what bios i have now.

please help me.

Maybe i can use vendor bios? It is nessesary to use my own to flash it??

Thanks in adwance.