Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I have a question that I could not exactly find the answer to reading all the pages here. Here is my scenario. I have the y510p with the gt750m. I have the gt755m5 that i got from lenovo. on the stock bios I have, when putting in the card, it says its an unauthorized video expansion card and to power off and take it out. It says the same thing if I change the wifi card but says unauthorized wifi card. Will the whitelist removal allow the video card to be recognized and boot up? Is it possible to flash the gt750 bios onto the 755m ultabay card if I do get it booted up?

I also forgot to say that my bios is 3.7 and that i may need to downgrade it to 3.5 or even to the 2s?

I have a question that I could not exactly find the answer to reading all the pages here. Here is my scenario. I have the y510p with the gt750m. I have the gt755m5 that i got from lenovo. on the stock bios I have, when putting in the card, it says its an unauthorized video expansion card and to power off and take it out. It says the same thing if I change the wifi card but says unauthorized wifi card. Will the whitelist removal allow the video card to be recognized and boot up? Is it possible to flash the gt750 bios onto the 755m ultabay card if I do get it booted up?

I also forgot to say that my bios is 3.7 and that i may need to downgrade it to 3.5 or even to the 2s?

Okay ill take this a bit fast.

you should downgrade to 2.4 or 2.7 redo the bios and flash it.

Vbios you should not use the 750 vbios.

best regards Rune

Here is the page i found on how to downgrade from 3.05 to 2.07. http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/5405-please-make-modded-y510p-bios-based-74cn44ww-v3-05-a-2.html. I my self will try this very soon.

I have the same problem and want a better Wifi card. Cant wait untill it arrives! I also ordered a M.2 SSD 128GB to put in my M.2 slot on the motherboard.

Hope you got the info you needed.

I'm hoping I'll be able to use this fix to get my sound back on my device. Ever since upgrading to Windows 8.1 I've had no sound devices attached...!

Ok, I check for my bios version....My y510p have the 3.7 version. Is it possible to unlock? Is strange that a notebook with those specs doesn't have a good bios. I can't custom anything!

Are you sure it's 3.7? You might have been looking at the rev. of the setup utility.

hi, guys. i'm a newbie on this site, but I also have y510p 755m sli with bios v3.07. It seem s that I can downgrade to 2.07, but than can I downgrade to 1.xx version and flash it to the modded bios? I want to get control to fan voltage and speed to overclock the system and fight with overheating

hi, guys. i'm a newbie on this site, but I also have y510p 755m sli with bios v3.07. It seem s that I can downgrade to 2.07, but than can I downgrade to 1.xx version and flash it to the modded bios? I want to get control to fan voltage and speed to overclock the system and fight with overheating

SweetTooth - just want to throw out there the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. I use this tool to undervolt my CPU (by about .99mV) and it has made a noticeable difference in my CPU temps when gaming/stressing it. Make sure you get the latest version from Intel for our Y510p.

So it looks like the latest BIOS for the Y510p is v3.07. It must be new or different country than US?? I got my Y510p in December and it's v3.05. That said, what I find interesting is that when I check for BIOS updates, Lenovo shows no BIOSes at all?? This is so unlike what I've seen will all my other PC systems. Is this a new approach by Lenovo for the Y510p laptops?

SVL7 - is it just a matter of getting "better" BIOS editing tools in order to crack/modify the current 3.xx stream of BIOS firmware? Do we need a "friend" from Lenovo firmware engineering to join our Forum :-) ?

Hi everyone! I already ordered my Y510P and waiting for it to be shipped. As of now, I am reading everywhere about stuff to help fix issues and be informed of any other things to customize and be able to use it to its potential.

But I am not that familiar when it comes to bios flashing. In my understanding, this will allow me to install a different wireless card that is blocked by lenovo? What about the vbios thing? Am I not allowed to overclock it out of the box using other software?

Thanks!

daggerNC , platform is not supported(

Hi SweetTooth - for the Intel XTU to run properly (at least on my Y510p with BIOS 3.05 and GT755M video, no SLI) I needed to download v4.4.0.4 I have installed it on both Win 8.1 and Win 7 on this machine. The link (if allowed to post) is h t t p s : //downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3483&DwnldID=23743&keyword=%22%22extreme+tuning+utility%22%22〈=eng

I've lurked this thread for awhile and am trying to understand - does modifying the BIOS require a backup & reinstall of Windows 8.1 or is it just recommended? I've seen some report that the update has required them to reinstall the OS, but are there some who've been able to just update the BIOS, reboot, and keep going? Thanks!

anyone know if the advanced BIOS menu options in the y410p allow for disabling the onboard Intel HD 4600 graphics processor? I want my machine to render everything using the nVidia GT 750M. I think I'm having serious issues with the Optimus process.

I have been playing ESO and running GPU_Z to see what's going on. I'm at my wit's end. I see in the log for GPU_Z that the load on my 750M goes to absolutely 0 across the board for a single second (1s intervals on reporting). That moment is when my system crashed. Occasionally the crash will grind my system to a halt, making the sound even "grind to a halt." Most of the time, I just simply get an application error message, with a crash report.

In that crash report, it reads that my GPU is the Intel HD 4600. I've never had a crash report that says anything about my nVidia GT 750M. I would like to do some troubleshooting to see if disabling the HD 4600 from within the BIOS can prevent the crashing. If it does, I don't know whether there is another way to disable the load-switching, or if I would have to leave my integrated graphics disabled.

Anyone able to weigh in on this?

have you tried forcing optimus to use the advanced nvidia graphics?

in nvidia control panel, go to 3d settings

select second tab, select or browse to your game (ESO)

then in the drop down menu below choose 'powerfull nvidia processor'