Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

I successfully downgraded to v2.07 from v3.05.

I successfully modded v2.07 (I get "svl7 Mod" at the top right of the BIOS screen)

THANK YOU!

Some tips:

0. Clone your current HDD/SSD to an external device and then clone it back once you're done with all of the steps. Downgrading from v3.05 to v2.07 messes up your Windows installation.

1. Turn off all non-Microsoft services in MSCONFIG

2. Once you backup your v3.05 BIOS, JUST run the downgrade file. Do NOT drag & drop the backup file on the downgrade file.

Now what I don't get is why I have to flash my 2nd GPU. Hopefully everything works. Installing all drivers now...

yes you can mod your 2nd gpu with KeplerBiosTweaker program to do that firstly backup your 2nd gpu vbios then you can mod it in this program and flash your modded bios back but its a little bit complicating to mod gpu correctly..i cant write here how it should be but you can search on the net...good luck

and i think svl7 has died..R.I.P i wish he makes fully unlocked ver 2.07 bios :D

or

Should we create a new thread about this to make pressure on him(come on dude you can do this in one hour) ..!

Link us to the new thread if you're going to make it. I have successfully installed the custom bios but cannot tweak the GPU core at all in v2.07.

I did this just now an man was it easy and it all worked great! :) thanks a lot!

I had 3.05 bios and downgraded to 2.07 and then tock a backup of the bios on 2.07 and then made the modification as the instructions said and then flashed it and no problem what so ever.

though i have noticed that when i restart my computer it restarts and the lenovo screen shows up and then it stays there for a while and then it restarts again.

Anyone who has the same problem?

Many thanks svl7!

I did this just now an man was it easy and it all worked great! :) thanks a lot!

I had 3.05 bios and downgraded to 2.07 and then tock a backup of the bios on 2.07 and then made the modification as the instructions said and then flashed it and no problem what so ever.

though i have noticed that when i restart my computer it restarts and the lenovo screen shows up and then it stays there for a while and then it restarts again.

Many thanks svl7!

Downgrading/modding resets some of your BIOS settings.

Boot into BIOS either with the left side button or F2 while booting up.

Switch everything to legacy mode.

Disable secure boot.

That should do it, I believe. Did for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Doas any one know where to buy <code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 14px;">WLAN - Cbt BCM94352HMG (Combo) FRU# 20200381

WLAN, WiFi AC+BT4.0, Ltn BCM4352+20702 2x2AC+BT4.0 HMC </code>with a working FRU ?

It does not exist. It's fake. I have spent hours on the phone and weeks trying to get a reply from LiteOn, Broadcom, multiple distributors, and various managers at these various locations.

Mod your BIOS and buy any other chip.

Many thanks svl7!

Turn off USB Boot

Downgrading/modding resets some of your BIOS settings.

Boot into BIOS either with the left side button or F2 while booting up.

Switch everything to legacy mode.

Disable secure boot.

That should do it, I believe. Did for me.

I will try it today and see if this works. Thanks

Turn off USB Boot

Thanks for the help, now i have a few options.

Hi, @svl7, it seems that there is a conflict between BIOS V2.07 and Logitech mice in UEFI mode with Secure Boot turning off, which stops the system from sleeping. I guess this might be one the the reasons that Lenovo has updated the BIOS to V3.05. Is there any progress in V3.05 project? I'm willing to give it a shot.

I successfully downgraded to v2.07 from v3.05.

I successfully modded v2.07 (I get "svl7 Mod" at the top right of the BIOS screen)

THANK YOU!

Some tips:

0. Clone your current HDD/SSD to an external device and then clone it back once you're done with all of the steps. Downgrading from v3.05 to v2.07 messes up your Windows installation.

1. Turn off all non-Microsoft services in MSCONFIG

2. Once you backup your v3.05 BIOS, JUST run the downgrade file. Do NOT drag & drop the backup file on the downgrade file.

Now what I don't get is why I have to flash my 2nd GPU. Hopefully everything works. Installing all drivers now...

I had that same problem. I unplugged my HD and put it in another PC, it ran through the windows "Configuring PC". This seemed to reset things. Then when I pulled the HD and put it back into the Lenovo it finally booted doing the "Configuring PC", which then I guess synced up with the BIOS. I wonder if there is something to force this.

So, I've read the last four pages since the others seem to be outdated...

I bought my laptop in December.

I am really wanting to "downgrade" the laptop so that I can install my OEM Intel 7260 AC and finally rock out with AC1900 throughout my home.

So far, what I have gathered is the following:

-Downgrading will/might make your OS not boot properly if still in secure boot.

-Sleep function no longer works.

-external booting (i.e., DVD, USB) might not work either.

I have to check which BIOS version I have. Last time I checked lenovo's website and typed in my model number (or was it serial?), the site said it doesn't have an update. I know the spirit of this BIOS mod is to allow you to install whatever wifi card you want because the stock intel one sucks. Well, honestly, I really have not had any problems with mine. Signal strength is the same with my older laptop. I've gamed on this wifi card without any hiccups, streamed movies over network, etc. I am really interested in doing this because I would like to utilize my Netgear AC1900 wireless.

With that being said, I have the following questions.

-Is the issue of windows not booting after the downgrading a common problem? (If so, I'll do more research on how to get around it before I start asking for a work around).

-Is the sleep function permanently "disabled" after the downgrade? This really isn't a big issue as I upgraded to an SSD and a cold boot up is very quick.

-Is the external boot options not working a common issue?

Thanks!

I've heard there are various version of the Lenovo y510p. Do we know if they all have the same motherboard and therefore should support the same BIOS updates? What I mean by various version of the y510p is different places will sell them with certain ultrabays and such configurations, yet when you contact Lenovo for part purchases they are very specific on what your serial is to verify the type of part you can purchase regardless of just saying it a y510p...

I'd just like to say thank you to all of the people who supported the development of this mod, it'll help me a lot with gaming performance and 5ghz capability! I'll post my results with the mod in a bit, once I get a chance to install it.

svl7, the link you provided in my PM regarding this topic is dead. Whenever I click it, it says "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator", which is impossible due to your inbox being full so you cannot even be notified that way. As to the rest of the message: all the posts I read in this thread are experiences with the BIOS mod. How can I give feedback on something I haven't even been able to test yet? It's obvious which way I chose. However, it's unfortunate Pay2Win is no longer limited to gaming only...

As this was my first time actually flashing a BIOS on a computer, I must say it went very well, thanks to your instructions, svl7! ^_^ I followed your guide on how to flash the vbios as well and that worked out pretty well as well! Once again, THANK YOU svl7 for your hard work and dedicaiton on not just this BIOS mod, but also the others as well, as it means alot to many users such as this noob right here. Cheers, mate! <3