Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

i have a question though, i saw a post where you want to Undervolt the GPU, i have been undervolting the cpu up to 125mv below, maybe and maybe it might be nice to make a negative (-) 100milivolt undervolt on the cpu? non turbo frecuencies

Undervolting the CPU is not necessarily done via the BIOS. It is also possible with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. With my i7 4700MQ a undervolt of -100 mV was not so stable at a stress-test. -90 mV for the CPU, Cache and Graphics Core is possible though. It is possible to apply the settings at boot so it is fairly easy in use.

Hi @svl7, I've managed to revert my bios to v2.07 from stock 3.05 on my y510p, but I can't figure out how to run this program to backup (adding the backup to whitelist looks pretty straightforward). When i run the app contained here, I'm prompted to press any key 2x and then it closes. It doesn't look like anything has happened. Can someone offer a bit more instruction? Thanks

I believe there were instructions in the file that specify that you need to execute the .bat file rather than the executable itself.

hi guys so i just did this fix with my y410p that had v1.10 and then proceeded to install my intel centrino ultimate-n 6300, but now i cant connect to any networks but the computer still detects networks so i know its working and turned on. i've made sure the n6300 driver is updated as well. any reason why i cant connect to anything wirelessly? any help would be great.

im running windows 8.1 if that helps.

Undervolting the CPU is not necessarily done via the BIOS. It is also possible with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. With my i7 4700MQ a undervolt of -100 mV was not so stable at a stress-test. -90 mV for the CPU, Cache and Graphics Core is possible though. It is possible to apply the settings at boot so it is fairly easy in use.

yeah i meant i was doing my undervolting via intel XTU, but yeah been seeing that its not so stable as i would hope, not even -50mv

can somebody help me? I'm very new to this and can't even get passed the first step. When I try to backup my current BIOS with the .bat tool (as administrator), something pops up very quickly that says the file is not recognized as an internal or external command.

can somebody help me? I'm very new to this and can't even get passed the first step. When I try to backup my current BIOS with the .bat tool (as administrator), something pops up very quickly that says the file is not recognized as an internal or external command.

Make sure you open a command prompt and change to the directory where you saved the batch file. If on windows 8 search for and run cmd.exe to open a command prompt. Make to run cmd.exe as an administrator.

Cheers,

• Thumbs Up 1

Thankyou, I have been opening command prompt but it automatically opens to the system32 directory. I tried saving the .bat file in there but it wont find it if it is in there @Panzer06

Have you got any experience with the command prompt commands? Cause it seems to me that you don't know the basics,

Maybe this can help you get to know the basics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thankyou, I have been opening command prompt but it automatically opens to the system32 directory. I tried saving the .bat file in there but it wont find it if it is in there @Panzer06

You have to change the directories, this is done using good ol' DOS commands like "cd" So for instance, if you saved it on your desktop, you'd do "cd C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\[folder you saved it in]\" and then just write out the name of the bat file and hit enter.

change directory to the directory you downloaded it to.

cd\Users\username\Downloads

if you saved it to the downloads directory.

Run the batch file from there.

Cheers,

I have the v2xxMod.bin file but I'm not sure what to do? I use the fptw64.exe as admin and I get this

"Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help." after pushing any key twice. Am I supposed to open the .bin file with the .exe or what? And where and at what point do I use the command specified in the OP.

I have the v2xxMod.bin file but I'm not sure what to do? I use the fptw64.exe as admin and I get this

"Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help." after pushing any key twice. Am I supposed to open the .bin file with the .exe or what? And where and at what point do I use the command specified in the OP.

You want fptw64.exe in the same folder as your modified .bin file then open an admin command prompt, navigate to the folder with the exe and bin, and use the command(fptw64 -f v1xxMod.bin -bios) subbing in your .bin's name for the one in the command name.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to everyone that helped my sorry self. Donating!

- - - Updated - - -

@Mibix In order to be able to use an unauthorized wifi card that is compatible with the laptop do I also have to flash the ultrabay too?

You are on the 2.xx version so it doesn't have the vbios mods and you wouldn't want to flash the ultrabay. Your wifi card will work without it.

My new wifi card is working great however when I try to play World of Warcraft I have to put all my settings on low or else I get huge FPS lag. It also seems to affect my whole computer including a keyboard lag. This only occurs when WoW is running though. This wifi card worked well with my other laptop and could handle better graphic settings. So it must be the flashed BIOS causing my lag?

My new wifi card is working great however when I try to play World of Warcraft I have to put all my settings on low or else I get huge FPS lag. It also seems to affect my whole computer including a keyboard lag. This only occurs when WoW is running though. This wifi card worked well with my other laptop and could handle better graphic settings. So it must be the flashed BIOS causing my lag?

Is it possible you don't have SLI enabled anymore?

Hello,

I have a question to you guys who has modded 2.07 BIOS and installed Intel 7260 AC. Do you experience "sleep issue"? I've seen some folks had issue but they all had 1.xx modded BIOS. Is it the same for 2.xx?

Another question is... Do you know whether Intel Dual Band 7260 N (not AC) from Lenovo - don't recall FRU P/N right know - is whitelisted in the 2.07 BIOS? I know some y510p are bundled with Intel 7260 N but I don't know if it's Dual Band and what BIOS version they have.

Thanks in advance.

OK, so I followed all the steps to downgrade my bios version to 2.07 and then mod it to remove the whitelist, everything worked perfectly. I then installed the intel 7260 ac card with no issues, installed the drivers and I'm up and running. Only thing is, it's not allowing me the ac band option under the advanced properties of the card. Anyone else have a problem with this. I'm using windows 7 and the card I used was this one Amazon.com: Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC: Computers & Accessories

BTW...Thanks again for all your help, the instructions were spot on.

OK, so I followed all the steps to downgrade my bios version to 2.07 and then mod it to remove the whitelist, everything worked perfectly. I then installed the intel 7260 ac card with no issues, installed the drivers and I'm up and running. Only thing is, it's not allowing me the ac band option under the advanced properties of the card. Anyone else have a problem with this. I'm using windows 7 and the card I used was this one Amazon.com: Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC: Computers & Accessories

BTW...Thanks again for all your help, the instructions were spot on.

What do you mean exactly? in device manager you aren't allowed to access the advanced tab? I can access mine but im on 8.1. Why are you on win7?