Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

hello everyone, i'm new here but as i read on the older post, some of you have already working Killer wireless adapter, can any of those give some feedback on how much improvement they obtained after switching to killer? I'm also planning to buy one of those. Can anybody also link me where they bought their Killer wireless.. Thanks in advance.

Another thing, but it's kinda off topic, but I'll ask it anyway. I've read on the older post that someone here have all of his usb ports have been defective. Is there any update what happened to it. My always on usb port is also not working, does anyone here have same problem. I tried reinstalling the driver but still not working. I hate to return my laptop cause i need it to my everyday work. Hopefully someone could help me here. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no fix as far as I'm concerned but like someone else already stated, sleep mode is useless with a SSD. I also get the boot problem where it starts, freezes, reboots, then starts correctly. No big deal though. I wish svl7 would come back to us and give us vbios mods :'(

I just bought a y410p and wanna upgrade the wifi card. Since the stock bios version is 3.05. I have found using the downgrade method to obtain the whitelist removed. But I am just curious. What different between the version 2.07 and 3.05 offically?

is the OP's attachments still the latest available download? Wasn't sure how I could scrub through 49 pages for a later post with a newer download attachment

Yep still the newest, seems he is MIA for a bit so no advanced bios options for us 2.07 guys but the whitelist still works.

hi svl17 well been trying for a while now your bios and everything great, the boot stall thingy some are experiencing seems to be solved by going to default on you bios setting and then just tweak it again.

i have a question though, i saw a post where you want to Undervolt the GPU, i have been undervolting the cpu up to 125mv below, maybe and maybe it might be nice to make a negative (-) 100milivolt undervolt on the cpu? non turbo frecuencies

Just got my intel 7260 in the mail today and rushed to install. To my disapointment I get a error message telling me to remove. I want to try to remove the whitelist using the methods described in this forumn as soon as I am able to download the tools. :(

Hey guys, just joined the forum. I get my y510p this wed and I was trying to get everything ready for when it gets here including flashing to the modded bios so I can use the intel wifi ac card but it's not letting me download anything from the links on page 1 stating I don't have permission.

For those who don't like the restrictions put on their system by Lenovo, here's a BIOS mod that will get you back at least some of the freedom you should have over your own hardware.

Features:

- Wlan whitelist removed, any (hardware-wise compatible) card should now work

- hidden BIOS menus unlocked

- VBIOS tweaked for more performance and better tuning possibilities

Keep in mind that not necessarily all of the BIOS options available with this mod will function completely, so use the new functionality with care. If you're unsure about something don't change it and ask here, someone might be able to help.

This is currently only for v1.07 / v1.09 / v1.10 users. If you have a different BIOS I will need a copy of it in order to make it work for your system.

EDIT: v2.04 and v2.07 added (only whitelist removal as for now, more to follow).

Instructions:

• Create a backup of your own BIOS by using this tool.
    The archive contains the files of the program and a .bat file that will create a backup of your BIOS. You need to call the .bat file from an admin command prompt.
    Don't delete your backup file, you will need it in case you want to go back to the stock BIOS some times. Also don't share it since it contains your personal Windows key including activation.
  • Download the attached BiosFixer, simply drag and drop your BIOS backup on it and it will create your personal mod for you.
  • Flash the modified file with the tool from the first step, use the command below:
    fptw64 -f v1xxMod.bin -bios

• Wait for the flash process to finish, if you don't get an error reboot. (You can safely ignore warnings about non-existing regions).

If you get and 'Error 104' when trying to flash, grab this archive and extract the file to the folder with the flash tool. Overwrite the original one.

In case you still get the error after doing this, run fptw64 -i > info.txt and attach the .txt file to a post here, then I should be able to help you.

Can someone please post some pictures of the bios menus? Thanks.

A screenshot of Nvidia Inspector showing the OC part would be nice as well, just for visual confirmation. I don't have a system to test it myself.

My donation link in case you want to buy me a beer ;)

Hi @svl7, I've managed to revert my bios to v2.07 from stock 3.05 on my y510p, but I can't figure out how to run this program to backup (adding the backup to whitelist looks pretty straightforward). When i run the app contained here, I'm prompted to press any key 2x and then it closes. It doesn't look like anything has happened. Can someone offer a bit more instruction? Thanks

Hey guys, just joined the forum. I get my y510p this wed and I was trying to get everything ready for when it gets here including flashing to the modded bios so I can use the intel wifi ac card but it's not letting me download anything from the links on page 1 stating I don't have permission.

Hey, Pecas! You must have 5 posts to download

Forum Rules - Tech|Inferno Forums