Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

We are hoping we will get a BIOS update to fix the ultrabay GPU not detecting issue. This issue affects all OS's (including Windows 7), not just Windows 8.1. If you buy a y510p or a y410p that did not originally come with SLI, then your ultrabay card will probably not be detected, and is documented on Lenovo's official forums. Lenovo staff has said they are working on it, so hopefully that means BIOS update.

Hi,

Just received a y510p today. It has Windows 8, and I have an Intel 7260 card that has an IBM part number on it. Still, the y510p rejects it as unauthorized. The BIOS is 74CN44WW (version 3.05) dated 9/18/2013. The SMBIOS is 2.7. How can I get the machine to accept the 7260 card with this BIOS. Some of the earlier posts are a bit confusing.

Need help asap!

Thanks

Did you get this to work? I think I have the same bios version.

We are hoping we will get a BIOS update to fix the ultrabay GPU not detecting issue. This issue affects all OS's (including Windows 7), not just Windows 8.1. If you buy a y510p or a y410p that did not originally come with SLI, then your ultrabay card will probably not be detected, and is documented on Lenovo's official forums. Lenovo staff has said they are working on it, so hopefully that means BIOS update.

Here you go ember

Re: Y510P SLI & Windows 8.1 - Page 11 - Lenovo Community

Did you get this to work? I think I have the same bios version.

I spoke to Lenovo support, and they are having me return the machine. They acknowledge that a card with a Lenovo FRU should be supported.

I will be sending them the machine with the Intel 7260AC + BT 4.0, FRU #04W3814 pre-installed. Note that the Bluetooth portion of the card seems to work fine.

This is not the problem I am experiencing! Are you too thick-skulled to not even read my post? There are several of us posting on Lenovo forums, all running Windows 7 and Windows 8 who cannot get their brand new GT750M5 Ultrabay cards to not even be detected by Windows on Y510P that was sold without SLI. This is a BIOS problem, not VBIOS. This is not even to mention that yes, I flashed the Windows 8.1 update vbios to the card using a hardware flasher connected to the SPI flash chip on the ultrabay card, and it still was not detected.

This is not the problem I am experiencing! Are you too thick-skulled to not even read my post? There are several of us posting on Lenovo forums, all running Windows 7 and Windows 8 who cannot get their brand new GT750M5 Ultrabay cards to not even be detected by Windows on Y510P that was sold without SLI. This is a BIOS problem, not VBIOS. This is not even to mention that yes, I flashed the Windows 8.1 update vbios to the card using a hardware flasher connected to the SPI flash chip on the ultrabay card, and it still was not detected.

Sorry for not reading the post carefully enough, but no need for that language.

Did you ask lenovo for bios update? because this might help svl7 with the problem with multiply bios versions as well.

Hello guys, I just ran into the wireless card problem I own a Lenovo y510p (v1.10)... I was very happy when I found this forum, but the only problem is that it has a 5 post minimum for enabling downloading... so... this is my first post...

Do you have any idea if the files in this topic are available anywhere else ? Also can you please tell me what other tweaks can be performed after installing a modded bios ? Or what are the advantages aside from removing the white list.

Thank you in advance and I wish you all the best.

Hello guys, I just ran into the wireless card problem I own a Lenovo y510p (v1.10)... I was very happy when I found this forum, but the only problem is that it has a 5 post minimum for enabling downloading... so... this is my first post...

Do you have any idea if the files in this topic are available anywhere else ? Also can you please tell me what other tweaks can be performed after installing a modded bios ? Or what are the advantages aside from removing the white list.

Thank you in advance and I wish you all the best.

Well first of all it's not allowed to share the files, svl7 is doing a hell of a work for us, getting small things like beers, if you can't wait you can allways buy elite membership.

Well you can mod nearly all the things you would be able to do in a normal in a normal bios.

Hello Guys!!

I'm from Poland and apologize for my english.

I just bought Y510P 4700MQ, GT 755M, 4GB RAM, NO OS (without Windows key in bios) :D.

I check the bios version and it's 3.05 :D

I dumped the BIOS with this procedure:

I download the latest Intel FPT 9.5.1.1458

fpt64.exe -d BiosBackup.bin -bios

And i have the file BiosBackup.bin -> 4,5MB

I'm upload the BIOS & Intel FPT Tool Intel FPT 9.5.1.1458 & 3.05.rar - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Probably everyone can flash with this BIOS yours Y510P but i'm not sure what's the differents between v1.XX, 2.XX, 3.XX batch of BIOS. Maybe this is specified batch for motherboard revision?!

@svl7 -> BiosFixer 2.0 support version 3.05 or can you update your tool for support to 3.05?? I can send you my BIOS and Intel FPT 9.5.1.1458 (or download from link above) because i don't have Windows key within and you can make a public realase for all useres to flash with Intel FPT64. I want to ONLY remove WHITELIST in my case.

Bios&FPT.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Guys!!

I'm from Poland and apologize for my english.

I just bought Y510P 4700MQ, GT 755M, 4GB RAM, NO OS (without Windows key in bios) :D.

I check the bios version and it's 3.05 :D

I dumped the BIOS with this procedure:

I download the latest Intel FPT 9.5.1.1458

fpt64.exe -d BiosBackup.bin -bios

And i have the file BiosBackup.bin -> 4,5MB

I'm upload the BIOS & Intel FPT Tool Intel FPT 9.5.1.1458 & 3.05.rar - Speedy Share - upload your files here

Probably everyone can flash with this BIOS yours Y510P but i'm not sure what's the differents between v1.XX, 2.XX, 3.XX batch of BIOS. Maybe this is specified batch for motherboard revision?!

@svl7 -> BiosFixer 2.0 support version 3.05 or can you update your tool for support to 3.05?? I can send you my BIOS and Intel FPT 9.5.1.1458 (or download from link above) because i don't have Windows key within and you can make a public realase for all useres to flash with Intel FPT64. I want to ONLY remove WHITELIST in my case.

thanks svl17 For a great mod

just want to share my story and experience so far maybe it can be usefull to someone

Ok so i recently found this lenovo Y410p brand new at a great price directly from lenovo so i started reading all reviews and forums i could find to see if it was a good buy and as i was saying all forums i found including this one and to be honest this is my favorite Thanks Svl17 and on the notebook i found this list was the mayor concern of issues and how i deal with it

1. touchpad sucks, its not that bad once you get used to it and when gaming i use a wireless mouse

2. Glossy screen which i countered by buying a 19 dollar screen protector on ebay thats non glossy

3. wireless issues, i had some but not much to hate my wireless card, maybe later ill plan to upgrade

4. Overheats quite alot,forums say 90celsius is its average temps and this is for me the most important issue since it can kill the computer over time and this next list is what i did right out of the box not even turning it on

1 changed thermalpastes for liquid pro and chipset for metalpad from coollaboratory

2 changed my hard drive to a Samsung 840pro to reduce any extra heat and make it faster

3. Upgraded to Gskill 1866mhz DDR3L and works out of the box

i found myself with 80 81 degrees celsius on games like borderlands 2 and final fantasy 14 after at leas 2 hours of gaming

I found this forum unlocked my bios and to not make this story longer this are my results with 3dmark11 and did not mess with the GPU only what mods the unlocked bios brings (note: actual gaming makes temps at least 2 to 3 degrees higher) i personally stayed with the last option as it doesnt slow games down and temps are really good

i know i made a core i3 out of a core i7 but i prefer a long lasting gaming rig than 5frames per second and 6 months later it dies... i just remember those awful HP that came out a few years ago that everyone hated

1> everything on 4cores 8 threads 4700mq turbo enabled

post-20216-14494996501541_thumb.gif

2> 4 cores 4 Threads and turbo off

post-20216-144949965019_thumb.gif

3> 2 cores 4 threads turbo ON

post-20216-1449499650235_thumb.gif

4> 2 cores 4 threads Turbo OFF and this is my actual state:star:

post-20216-14494996558173_thumb.gif

Excellent post, however I'm not sure if this custom BIOS will fix my issue: I originally bought the laptop without the second card, but then bought the card separately. Now it's not even seen anywhere: not in windows, not in bios update, nowhere. Any ideas?

Hi there, I have a quick question, does the SLI method work for the 755 as well? Now I flashed the bios to change the wireless card, but due to Win8.1 my SLI is broken, and the official lenovo patch wont do the trick, probably because the bios version is not recognized because of this mod.

So I wonder, if I roll back the bios flash, by using the backup made before flashing, then update using lenovo tool, to enable SLI and then reflash to remove whitelist, to make my new wireless card work, will that work, or is there as of yet no whitelist removal for the new bios released by lenovo for windows 8.1, to enable sli. (sry if this was posted before, looked through the thread but couldnt find it)

Hi there, I have a quick question, does the SLI method work for the 755 as well? Now I flashed the bios to change the wireless card, but due to Win8.1 my SLI is broken, and the official lenovo patch wont do the trick, probably because the bios version is not recognized because of this mod.

So I wonder, if I roll back the bios flash, by using the backup made before flashing, then update using lenovo tool, to enable SLI and then reflash to remove whitelist, to make my new wireless card work, will that work, or is there as of yet no whitelist removal for the new bios released by lenovo for windows 8.1, to enable sli. (sry if this was posted before, looked through the thread but couldnt find it)

Did you upgrade to the newest nvidia driver 331.65 as far as i remember.

It works on my computer :)

I'm reporting that I successfully upgraded my bios from 2.07 to 3.05 with file from skoczi. (I'm using windows 8.1 pro from my dreamspark premium account, so I will not miss my oem win8 key, although I have my old bios backup). The differences that I noticed are that now there is new bios setting that can be used to disable discrete graphics and use only integrated. Also cpu microcode was updated from version 9 to version 12 (with new microcode my cpu power consumption seems to be slightly lower in idle, but I will need further testing).

Did you upgrade to the newest nvidia driver 331.65 as far as i remember.

It works on my computer :)

Like, without flashing the bios, just install driver and it should work?

EDIT

nvm im retarded, installing newest driver, not lenovo one, and then running the lenovo flashing tool worked

Like, without flashing the bios, just install driver and it should work?

EDIT

nvm im retarded, installing newest driver, not lenovo one, and then running the lenovo flashing tool worked

Super that was what i said :) the newest nvidia driver, Because a lot of people have done the same as you :), Happy to help :)

Quick question re the BIOS mods and the SLI on the 510p (running win 8.1): Just making sure I understand the recent posts on this thread: If I mod both the BIOS and the ultrabay card, I should still be able to install the latest GPU drivers, provided they are from Nvidia directly and not Lenovo?

Thanks