Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

• 2 months later...

Hey, I am having trouble with the 2nd thing you have to do. I found somewhere in the comments saying for number 1 to not run the .exe but the backup.bat, which I did and nothing happened, and then when I dragged the backup.bat to the bios.bat it gives me an incompatible windows 16bit error and i can't get the .bin file because it won't let me proceed. could you guys help me, I wanna give my SLI 750M i5-4200 a try again, i wish the video in the bottom for the tutorial wasn't copyrighted.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 2:23 PM, dwiartha said:

Just posted to say thank you, I finally sucessed after several trial.

Y410P bios 2.07>Modified 3.05

Hi there, did you get it worked by following the steps on page one alone?

Would you mind sharing about any additional steps/precautions you took (if any)

Thanks a bunch!!

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, koujo92 said:

Help.. Step 3.. "BIOS Version compare error!" WHat does that means?

Screenshot (161).png

You need to enable downgrading of BIOS in the BIOS option. 

Go to BIOS [Press F2 before booting], Go to Configuration --> Bios Downgrade --> Change to Enabled

• 1 month later...

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank @svl7 for all the hardwork and time you put into making this mod.

I would like to inform that I have successfully installed this mod on my Lenovo Y510p i5 System which had BIOS Version 3.08 already installed.

I was trying out different settings in the new BIOS but couldn't get to work one thing that i wanted most, which is getting the BIOS on the HDMI connected tv.

My initial idea from this old system of mine is to use it with tv for entertainment purpose and automating several task that requires always on system, I have already removed the motherboard and attached it with tv using hdmi and using wireless keyboard mouse with it. 

One more thing i would like inform everyone is that, i did changed the thermal paste on the system with 11wmk paste which gave me 10°C of decrease on full load by prime95.

Thanks Svl again, i hope you can help me this issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello friends, 
I don’t know if this thread was still alive, 
I did everything according to the instructions indicated in the first post,
my bios was completely updated ES was completely installed, there are no problems, 
but my second video card, although it has the same gt 750m name as the first , 
does not launch into the system with the message unauthorized slave vga card is plugged in.
Should I fix some BIOS option or is there any other way to authorize the video card in my system? 
Many thanks
Edited by mraz_nakazan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was using my Y510p to encode in handbrake, run a mobile game through chrome, and unpack rars over the network and noticed the laptop was getting insanely hot... First ran into suggestions of ideafan to help cool it down (has BSOD twice now) and now I find you can unlock the bios =D I'm just read through this thread where someone was having trouble with the 2nd video card in SLI... Was this resolved or has anyone else run into this? Is it as simple as use the official updater to undo the bios changes? Sorry so many questions... a bit excited to see this thread. I noticed playing Overwatch or Diablo 3 it will eventually start to stutter...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When i go to use the 3.05 bios fixer, no matter what i do, i just get the window with this will modify your vbios please follow instructions.

I have dragged my bios.bin backup and nothing happens except that window.

Opinions?

• 2 months later...

Good day,
I have a problem with my y510p.
After a bios update to V3.08, the following error appears when the laptop starts up:
"Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it"
There was no error before the bios update.
The following card is installed: "Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230"

Can anyone help me or does anyone still have the Bios V3.05?

Thank you in advance

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Tom92 said:

Good day,
I have a problem with my y510p.
After a bios update to V3.08, the following error appears when the laptop starts up:
"Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in. Power off and remove it"
There was no error before the bios update.
The following card is installed: "Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230"

Can anyone help me or does anyone still have the Bios V3.05?

Thank you in advance

Hi!

Official v3.05 BIOS provided by Lenovo:  https://files.fm/u/s4sbpjmv2

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Tom92 said:

Thank you very much, unfortunately the error comes back here and I can't download the data.
What can be the reason?

I think in your case, you need unlock Wi-Fi whitelist in your bios.

ok thanks for the tip
Unfortunately I cannot download the data offered here, the following error occurs:

"If you are unable to download this file, it may be due to one or a combination of the following reasons"

Thanks in advance for the tips

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, Tom92 said:

ok thanks for the tip
Unfortunately I cannot download the data offered here, the following error occurs:

"If you are unable to download this file, it may be due to one or a combination of the following reasons"

Thanks in advance for the tips

You can post here, or upload your file bios backup into any fileserver and post the download link.  I can take a look.

To create backup of bios use attached utility. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run Backup Utility as Administrator (right click mouse, choice "Run as Administrator"). Utility will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Post here this archive "results" or upload your file bios backup into any fileserver and post the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw