Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

46 minutes ago, Klem said:

As first step you can try without disconnected CMOS battery. But if it doesn't work, then disconnect/desolder CMOS battery and try again.

Thanks, I'll try that then, but I'll not desolder the CMOS battery if it doesn't work as I don't have the tools or the skills to do that, and people already did that with no luck, as posted here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y510P-Y410P-Undervolted-bricked-FIX/td-p/3272854

EDIT: IT LIVES!

@Klem I followed your instructions (without the CMOS step) and it worked!, I don't have words to thank you, please send me a bitcoin wallet or paypal email through MP so I can send you a small donation, you deserve it.

I really think it should be a warning on the main post and your steps to unbrick the laptop because I didn't find any way to unbrick the laptop on the whole Internet.

:thumbsup:

Edited by CYGNUX

This may be a bit off from the thread, but I was disappointed to see that I have to be an active member on the forum and promoted to download the file? That's a bit frustrating, especially since I upgraded my y510p to Win10 and it'll just stop recognizing my wireless card at random (the stock card doesn't have a Win10 Driver). I'm mostly just looking to get rid of that whitelist though I did upgrade my bios to v3.5 (just to get that out of the way). Any alternate downloads for your mod or should I just wait to get out of "pre-promotion"?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Please, can somebody confirm Intel Wireless-AC 7260 7260HMW 802.11AC Dual Band BT4.0 PCIe Half Mini Wifi Card link 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190897053836 

wireless card working with Lenovo Y510p ?

I read this forum, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks. 

Edited by Rasto

On 28.01.2017 at 9:37 PM, Pro100zsnd said:

I have problem with HP USB Disk Format Tool when i want to format disk with 98 win files. Showing me ,,failed to format device''. I tested it on 3 pendrives and 2 computers. Ealier all works fine but after one year sth is wrong. What can i do?

I have the same problem.

On 28.01.2017 at 9:43 PM, Klem said:

You can use the Rufus program, instead HP USB Disk Format Tool.

In HP USB Flash Disk is written: "Create a DOS startup disk using system files located at:" and it's a folder. But in Rufus there are only "FreeDOS, ISO Image and DD Image." If I create ISO with "win98_files" folder (using DaemonTools), Rufus writes "This image is either non-bootable, or it uses a boot or compression method that isn't supported by Rufus". Or I just should create a bootable disk using FreeDOS?

So how should I use Rufus?

21131_Ink_LI.jpg

Edited by sypchik

On 29.01.2017 at 1:41 AM, Spiderach said:

This may be a bit off from the thread, but I was disappointed to see that I have to be an active member on the forum and promoted to download the file? That's a bit frustrating, especially since I upgraded my y510p to Win10 and it'll just stop recognizing my wireless card at random (the stock card doesn't have a Win10 Driver). I'm mostly just looking to get rid of that whitelist though I did upgrade my bios to v3.5 (just to get that out of the way). Any alternate downloads for your mod or should I just wait to get out of "pre-promotion"?

Here it is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As-ULvSQI7cmo1baQqJytwGTxJbH

I had the same problem, and found this zip somewhere.

Edited by sypchik

I have the Idepad Y510P model and I’d like to apply the BIOS mode in order to be able to change the problematic Wireless NIC.  The laptop came with Win 8.1 installed.  Will the new BIOS mod have any effect on the win8.1 Product Key hidden in the BIOS?

Thanks.

Edited by Huncenk

On 2/7/2017 at 6:13 AM, Rasto said:

Hi,

Please, can somebody confirm Intel Wireless-AC 7260 7260HMW 802.11AC Dual Band BT4.0 PCIe Half Mini Wifi Card link 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190897053836 

wireless card working with Lenovo Y510p ?

I read this forum, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks. 

I think pifive posted success regarding your question on this tread on January 16, 2015.

Quote: “….I have now my modified BIOS on my y510p laptop with the new7260HMW wireless AC card flying like an eagle….”

I am trying to do the same thing.  Good luck for you!

So, I have been dealing with Bios issues for awhile now.

I have been getting errors 201 and 280 with FPTWT

Error 201: "cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact your vendor."

Error 280: "Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!"

so I used FPT_Backup_95 instead and was able to get a .bin file however it also gave me error 26. 

Error 26: "The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region."

So with the .bin file I got with FPT_Backup_95, I put it into the bios-fixer and it gave me no errors and I got a v305mod.bin without any problems. I'm just concerned that if I use the .bin I could brick my Y510p because of a problem with the .bin file because of error 26.

Anyone solutions?

If I uploaded my .bin file is it possible for someone to look at it and verify that it is not corrupt?

If I don’t have and do not plan to have a secondary Graphics card installed, do I still have to utilize the vBios flash?  All what I have is the Intel and nVidia combo graphics that came with the laptop. 

Model: Y510P,

BIOS: 74CN44WW(V3.05)

Thank you.

I have the driver version 17.13.12.1 / 2014-12-16 for the Wireless-N 7260.  This driver (from Lenovo)  helps me to stay online without interruptions.  Speed varies, but for now it is OK as a temporary solution.  I can’t wait to flash the BIOS and install a new wireless card.

My System: IdePad Y510P

BIOS: 74CN44WW(V3.05)

Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260

Edited by Huncenk

Guys when i try to backup the bios i get  "Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help."

when i execute the Backup file it opens and close instantly and i don't get any backup.bin file  ...

any help or solution please ?

15 hours ago, Taher_Kh said:

Guys when i try to backup the bios i get  "Error 200: Invalid parameter value specified by user. Use -? option to see help."

when i execute the Backup file it opens and close instantly and i don't get any backup.bin file  ...

any help or solution please ?

Bro,

I'm having the exact issue, what i did is that

1. right click on the .exe file and set tick run as admin and also compatible mode as win8

2. restart

3. try again. Voila.

At least that worked for me. help that help

Guys I seem to have bios v3.08 currently. Do I have to (and is it possible to) downgrade to v3.05 first in order to install this mod?

Also I cant download the files for some reason. Any mirror?

Edited by niankaki

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I mine had 3.08, what I did was rolling back to 3.05 official then followed the guide. Now I've successfully flashed the modded bios (checked the bios options, insane stuff).
My question is is it mandatory to flash the vbios? I just checked NVIDIA panel and it seems my SLI is working just fine.