Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

3 minutes ago, theDesaster said:

oh okey, ty for this, it already did somthing.

now i get an error:

Error 104: The 2 SPI flash devices do not have compatible command sets.

what does this mean?

No idea, sorry :c

I am using the SLI version. I can not manage to install the vbios for one of the graphic card(index:0).  I could install it for the other card (index:1). I uploaded a picture where I am stuck at. What is the reason for that?

Can anyone send me the best BIOS setting for gaming as I am new to the topic and I don't really know what I am supposed to change and what not.
How can I control the fans after flashing the BIOS mod?

13009979_1066133003430297_593740220_o.jpg

Edited by csdavid16

4 hours ago, csdavid16 said:

I am using the SLI version. I can not manage to install the vbios for one of the graphic card(index:0).  I could install it for the other card (index:1). I uploaded a picture where I am stuck at. What is the reason for that?

Can anyone send me the best BIOS setting for gaming as I am new to the topic and I don't really know what I am supposed to change and what not.
How can I control the fans after flashing the BIOS mod?

13009979_1066133003430297_593740220_o.jpg

Are you using Windows 10 by any chance?

8 hours ago, csdavid16 said:

Yes. Is that the problem?

No actually. . . I know this doesn't have anything to do with your problem but, I'm just wondering how you were able to boot up the modded BIOS through your USB, since my USB won't show up in BIOS or boot options.

Mind helping me out?

Also, unfortunately, even with the modded BIOS, it still won't let you change the fan speed of your Y510P. The closest you can get to fan control is in this page: 

53 minutes ago, Azenoth said:

No actually. . . I know this doesn't have anything to do with your problem but, I'm just wondering how you were able to boot up the modded BIOS through your USB, since my USB won't show up in BIOS or boot options.

Mind helping me out?

Also, unfortunately, even with the modded BIOS, it still won't let you change the fan speed of your Y510P. The closest you can get to fan control is in this page: 

I haven't really done anything special. I mostly followed the instructions. 

What I can suggest is that you set it to Legacy BIOS mode then set the Legacy BIOS to the first in the priority as well. Then turn off you laptop and turn it on with the special button on the left side (I don't know what it's called) choose boot menu and choose the pendrive there. 

I'm writing from work and my laptop is not here but I hope it all makes sense to you.

If needed I can attach pictures of what I mean but I need to finish work first. 

5 hours ago, Azenoth said:

It worked! Also, just to make sure, did your laptop automatically reboot after typing EC?

Great. Glad to hear you managed it.
Yes it did. As soon as it finished my laptop rebooted. So if yours done it too then you are fine.

By the way thanks for the program but I haven't checked it yet. I will do as soon as I've got some time for that.

Edited by csdavid16

• 2 weeks later...

is Svl7 still watching this thread? i picked up a intel AC 7260 for my Y510P and got the garbage unsupported wifi error, and need my bios version checked out by Svl7.

im currently using bios version 3.08.

cant download the bios backup tool atm because of (lets be honest) garbage "pre-promotion" status.

ill try to find another location to download the bios backup tool in the meantime.

many thanks guys/gals.

*UPDATE* 

apperently the bios backup tool doesn't work on W10? Even with compatibility mode might have to use VM.

Edited by iTbag
Updat

im getting error 201 fptw64.exe cannot be run on the current platform... is there a new version then the one im using? 8.1.10.1286

-UPDATE- 

got everything I needed from another site 

laptop is successfully running 3.05 modded bios. 

Edited by iTbag
Update

Hello, got a little problem.

Bought 510p from other hand but was unable to get sLI working on W10 aswell as w8, so i tryed everything except bios update.. But now, its unable too post, saying unsupported device in bay.

I tryed older 3.05 with same issue. So, now i want to try somethinkg else and downdrade back too 1.07 or somethink like that, but i cant download it from here..

Do you have some ideas for me ? Not only flash old bios, but get SLI working... 

Man who sold it to me told, that it was working fine, but who know... Maybe bay is dead ? 750m... 

Is it mandatory to flash the vbios? I don't really get it.
Basically my bios right now is 3.07. So I have to downgrade it to 2.07, flash the modded bios and then the vbios as well?

4 hours ago, drprank said:

Is it mandatory to flash the vbios? I don't really get it.
Basically my bios right now is 3.07. So I have to downgrade it to 2.07, flash the modded bios and then the vbios as well?

It's optional, I managed to get it to work just fine without the vbios flash. Also the vbios flash is for SLI laptops I'm pretty sure there is a model without SLI. But I digress, it's not needed. I hope this info helps.

7 hours ago, PKBO said:

Hello, got a little problem.

Bought 510p from other hand but was unable to get sLI working on W10 aswell as w8, so i tryed everything except bios update.. But now, its unable too post, saying unsupported device in bay.

I tryed older 3.05 with same issue. So, now i want to try somethinkg else and downdrade back too 1.07 or somethink like that, but i cant download it from here..

Do you have some ideas for me ? Not only flash old bios, but get SLI working... 

Man who sold it to me told, that it was working fine, but who know... Maybe bay is dead ? 750m... 

This could be a driver issue, I've personally never heard of or seen that happen before. I'd remove the 750M download the newest driver from Nvidia and try a hot swap of the GPU. 

Although I'm not sure if the ultrabay is hot swappable. So I'd do some googling first to make sure it's safe. After the new driver install restart the laptop and see if it makes a difference, also there could be some bios settings to change to make it read for dedicated graphics or onboard graphics.

just an idea so id check it out. Hope this helps!

Edited by iTbag
Spell check

27 minutes ago, iTbag said:

It's optional, I managed to get it to work just fine without the vbios flash. Also the vbios flash is for SLI laptops I'm pretty sure there is a model without SLI. But I digress, it's not needed. I hope this info helps.

Oh hahahaha my laptop has 2x755m

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, iTbag said:

This could be a driver issue, I've personally never heard of or seen that happen before. I'd remove the 750M download the newest driver from Nvidia and try a hot swap of the GPU. 

Although I'm not sure if the ultrabay is hot swappable. So I'd do some googling first to make sure it's safe. After the new driver install restart the laptop and see if it makes a difference, also there could be some bios settings to change to make it read for dedicated graphics or onboard graphics.

just an idea so id check it out. Hope this helps!

I tryed this one bioses and getting this error: 

3.08 (stock) : unauthorized slave vga card is plugged in     (When BAY is plugged in i cant do nothing, just shut down)

3.05 (stock) : unauthorized slave vga card is plugged in     (When BAY is plugged in i cant do nothing, just shut down)

2.07 (stock) : just restarting withnout post, boot etc. do nothing (When BAY is plugged)

NTB Come with 1.07 version, everythink work well but no SLI option avayble..  So, now iam looking for 1.07 to flash it back, but nobody got it, or nobody dont want too send it to me.. 

Now the only way to use NTB is unplug BAY and watch the hole inside, so this is unusuable. 

13128903_10207930620017300_973564867_o.jpg

Edited by PKBO

Update * i found 1.05 on some chinese server, so its flashed now, i was able to get into windows with both cards... but still not able to setup SLI -> W8 installed... 

Guys I mine had 3.08, what I did was rolling back to 3.05 official then followed the guide. Now I've successfully flashed the modded bios (checked the bios options, insane stuff).
My question is is it mandatory to flash the vbios? I just checked NVIDIA panel and it seems my SLI is working just fine.

21 hours ago, drprank said:

Guys I mine had 3.08, what I did was rolling back to 3.05 official then followed the guide. Now I've successfully flashed the modded bios (checked the bios options, insane stuff).
My question is is it mandatory to flash the vbios? I just checked NVIDIA panel and it seems my SLI is working just fine.

No it is not manditory.