Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

HI GUYS!

I have problem after flash bios in my y510p 755m sli..

the problem is when you want to turn on the computer . the first pressing the power all the time lights 
in the display lenovo, then I have to press the button again to turn off the computer and the second time when i press power button 
the computer starts normally.
this happens only when moded BIOS . with its original switched on for the first time. sry for weak english.. I hope that u can help me REGARDS

I moddet(again after repair) the BIOS  and now asks me the password :)). I tried: admin,000,1234,Lenovo. I never had the bios password.

Update : I made update to 3.08 and the password is still there. The password is stored in EEPROM? 

Update 2: I solved the password was number 1. I do not know where that came.

Edited by bogdangepe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've done all the steps and everything is working better, but still not quite right. I saw in an earlier post that the settings for the Ultrabay GPU should be Base Clock: -100Mhz Memory Clock: -300Mhz and Voltage Offset: -112.5Mhz. The problem I'm having is that on the Voltage Offset I can only go -50Mhz. Nvidia Inspector won't let me go any lower than that. However, on the primary GPU it will let me go that low. So it seems the default setting for the two GPU's is different. I have attached a screenshot of the default settings on the Ultrabay GPU in Inspector. 

Y510P_Inspector_Settings.jpg

Edited by awexomeandroid

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much! I was with BIOS v3.08 on my Lenovo y510p. First I downgraded the version to 3.05 and then I just fillowed the steps. Everything seems to be fine with my new WLAN Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 card.

Edited by viv-brooke

why I cannot download the attached files?

On 2016/3/27 at 5:41 AM, viv-brooke said:

Thank you very much! I was with BIOS v3.08 on my Lenovo y510p. First I downgraded the version to 3.05 and then I just fillowed the steps. Everything seems to be fine with my new WLAN Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 card.

How do you download the attached files? I cannot download them

Can someone help me? I'm actually stuck at the part where you have to boot the modded 3.05 bios from the USB, right after the step where you needed to downgrade to 2.07. 

I've been trying to boot the bios from the USB but the USB doesnt show up in BIOS. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm on Windows 10 if that helps. . .

Edited by Azenoth

8 hours ago, D3monicBlaz3 said:

Everytime I try to make a backup using the bat file for 3.05, the window pops up, Disappears and no file is made. It makes a error file when I dont do it as admin, but when I do it as admin nothing shows up.

There was an earlier post addressing this. He said to make a folder in your C drive named "fptw64".

Next, you open a command prompt in administrator mode and type: cd\fptw64

Then, type: backup

After doing all of those, you can find the "bios" file in the fptw64 folder!

can anyone send me an alternative link to the files in PM? or can someone send me the files in a PM? i need the bios mod and i really can't wait 2 weeks to get my account promoted :/ my laptop is pretty much useless now my wifi is broken.

On 2/15/2016 at 11:24 PM, MEB said:

Tried running the 3.05 update but I keep getting an error "BIOS version compare error" running windows 10 on a y410p. Can anyone direct me to the reason and fix please?

reboot into your bios settings, and make sure the "bios flashback" setting is enabled.

you probably have bios version 3.08 or something like i did and have to revert to the older 3.05, which requires you to have the "bios flashback" setting enabled

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2016 at 2:34 PM, Azenoth said:

Can someone help me? I'm actually stuck at the part where you have to boot the modded 3.05 bios from the USB, right after the step where you needed to downgrade to 2.07. 

I've been trying to boot the bios from the USB but the USB doesnt show up in BIOS. Thanks in advance.

bump

On 4/5/2016 at 8:34 AM, Azenoth said:

maybe i know what the problem is. do you have your Bios set to Legacy Support or UEFI only? some devices might not show up in the boot menu when it's set to UEFI only
maybe try setting it to "legacy support" and the setting beneath it that pops up to "UEFI first" you can then open the Boot Menu (f11 or f12 during startup) and then you should be able to see the USB drive.
i'm not sure if this tool requires legacy mode because i have to wait a week to get permission to download files, but it may help.

Edited by intuxikated

1 hour ago, intuxikated said:

maybe i know what the problem is. do you have your Bios set to Legacy Support or UEFI only? some devices might not show up in the boot menu when it's set to UEFI only
maybe try setting it to "legacy support" and the setting beneath it that pops up to "UEFI first" you can then open the Boot Menu (f11 or f12 during startup) and then you should be able to see the USB drive.
i'm not sure if this tool requires legacy mode because i have to wait a week to get permission to download files, but it may help.

Sadly, I've tried that. I'm not sure whether it's a problem with SanDisk USB's so I'll get to testing other USB's soon.

Hey, since you're having trouble downloading the files, I found a link that might help you with that :D

http://www.thecosmosphere.com/how-to-remove-bios-wlan-whitelist-from-lenovo-y410py510p/

Also, please update me if you're able to make the mod work. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Azenoth said:

There was an earlier post addressing this. He said to make a folder in your C drive named "fptw64".

Much appreciated. Will try it out after work! Im so giddy to finally have a decent wifi card haha.

16 hours ago, Guest Kershenator said:

Hey everyone, this is really cool, but I have a quick question

Will all the steps be the same if I am running windows 10?

Thinking about doing the wireless card swap. 

Unforunately not. . . at least in my case. I'm stuck at the step when it says to boot the USB because it doesnt show up in the boot menu. I think it's related to my Y510P running Windows 10, but I'm not entirely sure because no one replied to my post yet ;(

hey,

I cant create a backup of my bios.

im in the folder "Fptw64_(8_series) BIOS BACKUP TOOL" an right click on the "backup.bat".

after clicking on "run as administrator " a cmd pops up and close instantly. thats all...

the is no bios.bin in the folder after runing the bios.bat.

do i somthing wrong? the isnt a error.log or somthing like this i could post here.

the command line in the .bat looks like this:

fptw64 -d bios.bin -bios

in the folde (located at: C:\Users\User\Desktop\lenovo bios unlock\Fptw64_(8_series) BIOS BACKUP TOOL) are these datas:

backup.bat

fparts.txt

fptw64.exe

idrvdll32e.dll

pmxdll32e.dll

im running the stock bios at version 3.05 / an OS is win10

Edited by theDesaster

1 hour ago, theDesaster said:

hey,

I cant create a backup of my bios.

im in the folder "Fptw64_(8_series) BIOS BACKUP TOOL" an right click on the "backup.bat".

after clicking on "run as administrator " a cmd pops up and close instantly. thats all...

the is no bios.bin in the folder after runing the bios.bat.

do i somthing wrong? the isnt a error.log or somthing like this i could post here.

the command line in the .bat looks like this:

fptw64 -d bios.bin -bios

in the folde (located at: C:\Users\User\Desktop\lenovo bios unlock\Fptw64_(8_series) BIOS BACKUP TOOL) are these datas:

backup.bat

fparts.txt

fptw64.exe

idrvdll32e.dll

pmxdll32e.dll

im running the stock bios at version 3.05 / an OS is win10

Follow these steps

On 4/8/2016 at 1:32 PM, Azenoth said: