Lenovo Y410p / Y510p - unlocked BIOS / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

svl7

Alternatively you can use Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth if you dont want bios modded and you can buy it from Ali Express. It seems to be in the Lenovo certified list

Hey- I've got massive fps drops in games on my Y510p- from 80 fps to 30 every 5-10 seconds.... When I run Nvidia Inspector it says that my GPU I clock drops down suddenly- and the temps are quite ok- 70-75 degrees ;) Will the bios unlock and fan mod fix it somehow?

Oh- WILL I LOOSE WARRANTY with installing this bios? :) Thanks!

Hi, im new in this forum, i have a Lenovo y510p ,8gb ram, gt755m sli,HDD 1tb(hybrid)+128gb ssd(m2 sata), i have a problem, i recently bought the transcend m2 sata ssd 128 gb to use as principal hdd , when i put the ssd in my pc, the bios saw it, but after a bios update (v 3.08) bios doesnt see more the ssd and now there are a lot of problem to boot the normal hard disk (very very slow) , what can i do?? i think that i have to downgrade bios, but how?? i hope someone will help me , thanks!.

Anybody having problem with "video settings"? Everytime i disable "IGPU" and/or enable "PEG" from "SG" the settings reset to default after exiting from BIOS.

@svl7

I'm sure this is a bug. Another user reported the same. Any help?

Anybody having problem with "video settings"? Everytime i disable "IGPU" and/or enable "PEG" from "SG" the settings reset to default after exiting from BIOS.

@svl7

I'm sure this is a bug. Another user reported the same. Any help?

Do you have the SLi setup i.e 2 GPUs? Are you trying to enable IGFX with ultrabay gpu inserted?

Do you have the SLi setup i.e 2 GPUs?

No.

Are you trying to enable IGFX with ultrabay gpu inserted?

I'm trying to disable IGPU and/or enable "PEG" from "SG" under "primary graphics" as i said in above post.

No.

I'm trying to disable IGPU and/or enable "PEG" from "SG" under "primary graphics" as i said in above post.

You only get to enable Peripheral Express Graphics (PEG) mode when you have SLi. Switchable Graphics (SG) is default with one GPU. If you're trying to disable iGPU you'll get a black screen and that is beyond repair since the screen renders video through iGPU no matter what.

You only get to enable Peripheral Express Graphics (PEG) mode when you have SLi. Switchable Graphics (SG) is default with one GPU..

If you're saying that "one cannot enable PEG unless he's using SLI" then you're dead wrong. PEGP stands for discrete graphics card. It doesn't matter if laptop's SLI enabled or not.

If you're trying to disable iGPU you'll get a black screen and that is beyond repair since the screen renders video through iGPU no matter what.

That i'm afraid of.

If you're saying that "one cannot enable PEG unless he's using SLI" then you're dead wrong. PEGP stands for discrete graphics card. It doesn't matter if laptop's SLI enabled or not.

That i'm afraid of.

I meant you can only enable PEG on THIS laptop if its SLi, I read about old Alienware setups where the video could be rendered by the dedicated GPU alone and they could enable PEG. I was thinking if its possible to enable IGFX with the ultrabay inserted, will help in saving battery and less heat output.

I meant you can only enable PEG on THIS laptop if its SLi, I read about old Alienware setups where the video could be rendered by the dedicated GPU alone and they could enable PEG. I was thinking if its possible to enable IGFX with the ultrabay inserted, will help in saving battery and less heat output.

Oh. That would explain PEG setting reset. I'll not disable IGPU but i was thinking of making the discrete card as primary graphics but i've seen in other forums the danger of this (bricking). I think i would probably stay away from this :D

Enabling IGPU while in SLI would be great but i have no idea on this.

Oh. That would explain PEG setting reset. I'll not disable IGPU but i was thinking of making the discrete card as primary graphics but i've seen in other forums the danger of this (bricking). I think i would probably stay away from this :D

Enabling IGPU while in SLI would be great but i have no idea on this.

I'm still looking for it..Check this

I am a linux user, and I am fed with issues with hybrid graphics. I have already replaced one of my cards with a second SDD, and have bee tryi cang to be happy using Bumblebee (enables optimus support on linux for those who do not know)... I am tried of screen tearing issues on built in Intel graphics.

If I do this mod, and choose Nvidia only, do OS's recognize this, or does it not completely disable the Intel card?

Hey, can someone with experience look at my CPU temps??

Gyazo - 33f28908cab653a1660a6c2354ef72b8.png

Its really weird because i wasn't even stressing my CPU and temperature went to 100 :o

Start your laptop and let it idle for 5-7 mins. Then do normal stuff like browsing etc.. all while Hwinfo running in the background. Then try out BF4 and report back. BTW you bricked your laptop, how did you revive it?

Ok i will later.

No one knows how my laptop got fixed :D In service they said its unfixable (is it even a word?) but when i recived it back and tried to turn it on it worked. I heard that they replaced CPU with working one for a while, maybe it helped.

• Download the attached BiosFixer, simply drag and drop your BIOS backup on it and it will create your personal mod for you.

BiosFixer 2.0 DOESNT WORK....! I decided to use your modded bios for y510p 750M SLI version..after successfully updated to bios 3.05 from 2.07 and took a backup of new 3.05 bios then

when I simply drag and drop bios backup file on BiosFixer_2.0.exe just a small windows pops out but there is neither a button nor a browse thing in there..? and when I close it nothing created in the same folder as it should be "v305mod.bin" just look at my picture uploaded..

and I also disconnected the second gpu from the bay but it doesn't work again

and I cant go back or downgrade to official 2.07 bios even though Bios Back Flash is ENABLED in bios and when I run this "Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe" with ADMIN priviligies says "Bios version compare error"... WT:Banane56: ?

post-24186-1449499974809_thumb.jpg

BiosFixer 2.0 DOESNT WORK....! I decided to use your modded bios for y510p 750M SLI version..after successfully updated to bios 3.05 from 2.07 and took a backup of new 3.05 bios then

when I simply drag and drop bios backup file on BiosFixer_2.0.exe just a small windows pops out but there is neither a button nor a browse thing in there..? and when I close it nothing created in the same folder as it should be "v305mod.bin" just look at my picture uploaded..

and I also disconnected the second gpu from the bay but it doesn't work again

and I cant go back or downgrade to official 2.07 bios even though Bios Back Flash is ENABLED in bios and when I run this "Y510p-Y410p_v207_[stock].exe" with ADMIN priviligies says "Bios version compare error"... WT:Banane56: ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14511[/ATTACH]

you should drag the file bios.bin onto the small window. around the white area.

Alternatively you can use Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth if you dont want bios modded and you can buy it from Ali Express. It seems to be in the Lenovo certified list

Hi,

Can you confirm 100% that wifi card with FRU PN 03T7135 is compatible with 510p or somebody can give me an link to version with fru compatible with 510p.

Thank you

Ok i flashed the modded bios with vbios and wanna share my thoughts..

I APPRECIATED the modded bios with custom modded vbios so much..Thanks SVL7

but with new configurations after 3 hours benchmark testing i found the best stabil GPU and MEM clocks

+160mhz on core = 1218mhz

+400mhz mem over core = 2900mhz or 5800mhz

+37.5mV voltage

BEYOND above values gpu is getting tooo hot under %99 load in 5 minutes and breaks 90C and above..especially with a combination of cpu at the same time gpu is getting easily too hot..because the left side fan cools both cpu and gpu together...but there is something very ridiculos thing i dont understand from the beginning..there is a built in DUST REMOVER thing in energy management software..when you start it both fans getting reach their topspeed..but in real time working all hardware is getting too hot under fullstress, cpu is near 98-99C and GPU is 90C but both fans working minimum %50 slower than when using dust remover program ???? because they can work faster we see it in dust remover

Is there any way to get them work continuously in its FULLSPEED just like when in dust removing or is there any option in the modded bios or SVL7 could make a new EC firmware about this??