M14x R2 A13 Unlocked Bios + Modified Vbios Now Available!

Eats7

Hi !

Iam new to the Forum and want to thank you for your great work !

But i have problems to Flash it !

I have flashed the Bios following the instructions in this Thread and everything looks good but when i go in to the bios menu its still locked !

When Flashing the Menu says GBE Region not set and PDR Region not set if i remember correctly! Maybe this is the Reason ?!

Please Help me !

Thanks

Hi !

Iam new to the Forum and want to thank you for your great work !

But i have problems to Flash it !

I have flashed the Bios following the instructions in this Thread and everything looks good but when i go in to the bios menu its still locked !

When Flashing the Menu says GBE Region not set and PDR Region not set if i remember correctly! Maybe this is the Reason ?!

If it is still locked then you probably didn't complete the flash.

GBE and PDR Region do not exist, that message doesn't matter.

make sure you are on a13 stock before you do this. also, if i remember correctly thats what mind said as well about the xxxxxx does not exist. its not an error its supposed to say that. it should be unlocked after that.

Error 252 cannot find the bin file? I followed all the steps renaming file etc but cannot flash! Can anyone help pleassssssssssssssssssssse?

So i edited the name of the bin file and something seemed to happen. I got the exact same messages as the pictures on the previous page. Bios still appears to be stock a13 :(

Hi, i have two questions:

1) After installing the vbios a13, can i return to original a13? simply by installing the original a13 with stardand dell procedure?

2) Becouse i have 3 SO (win8 + 2 linux), I always use legacy..NOT uefi. After installing vbios, can i still use legacy for windows 8?

@johannesynt Yes, you can reflash the dell default one at any time over the modded one, without issue. and yes you can still use legacy for win8, it just might take a couple seconds longer to boot up using that instead of uefi though.

@doogser what is the problem? are you getting an error message? please list out the steps you took when flashing the bios.. maybe just a hiccup. I know for a fact it works, as i just reflashed mine yesterday using this post.

@johannesynt Yes, you can reflash the dell default one at any time over the modded one, without issue. and yes you can still use legacy for win8, it just might take a couple seconds longer to boot up using that instead of uefi though.

Ok thanks. I know the difference between uefi and legacy, but i wanted to be sure about legacy+modded_bios, because the guide says: "5.) After you flash you have to change back to UEFI (secure boot + fast boot) if you are on windows8"

Thanks

Ok thanks. I know the difference between uefi and legacy, but i wanted to be sure about legacy+modded_bios, because the guide says: "5.) After you flash you have to change back to UEFI (secure boot + fast boot) if you are on windows8"

Thanks

yes only if you had installed windows using uefi. my mistake ill edit the post.

yes only if you had installed windows using uefi. my mistake ill edit the post.

OK, but i had installed windows. I have two SO inetalled: windows 8 + linux ubuntu. Both stars with legacy (becouse eufi+linux = problems).

I always use only LEGACY mode...never uefi, becouse in eufi i can't boot linux (and i need linux).

Sorry but i don't understand english very well, so i want to be sure:

Does the modded vbios works only in eufi mode? or can i use modded vbios in legacy mode?

OK, but i had installed windows. I have two SO inetalled: windows 8 + linux ubuntu. Both stars with legacy (becouse eufi+linux = problems).

I always use only LEGACY mode...never uefi, becouse in eufi i can't boot linux (and i need linux).

Sorry but i don't understand english very well, so i want to be sure:

Does the modded vbios works only in eufi mode? or can i use modded vbios in legacy mode?

I believe u can use it in legacy mode. It is only if you are in UEFI before using the mod that you will need to change it back to UEFI after installing it

So i edited the name of the bin file and something seemed to happen. I got the exact same messages as the pictures on the previous page. Bios still appears to be stock a13 :(

ok Im a novice. I think its working as i can overclock the gpu nore than I could previously and working well with turbo mode off in bios. Can anyone help me with the cpu settings in the bios as Id like to overclock it as well?

I've also noticed a decrease in performance when on battery even though have on performance settings in power settings. Is there anyway round this?

thanks