Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Recommended Posts

@noteMASTER12

On 4/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, noteMASTER12 said:

 

Good day. Congratulations with bying new videocard! One of the problems is dGPU power consumption. GTX 980M really has this problem and it's a good idea to use Prema vBIOS Mod v2 for it - this vBIOS was created to solve throttling problem, but you need at least 240 Wt power supply to give necessary power resource.

And anyway please dump your current vBIOS (don't repeat my mistakes) before trying to flash. ModMe script runs without any problems in Windows 7...10. Tested on Clevo P150EM with similar dGPU.

Thanks for raising this. Fortunately my PSU is 240W.

 

I ran 3DMark and logged the temperature via GPU-z. My results were in line with similar non-overclocked setups. I could not observe any sign of throttling: In the Graphics tests the clock was maxed to the stock limit, but I did not see it dropping until the test finished. Also, the maximum temperature that was observed was 64 C , which is quite low.

 

Idle temp in Windows : 50 C...

 

Later on, I found via "nvidia-smi.exe -q" that the "GPU Slowdown Temp" for my card was 91 C. I do not see how my card can reach 91 C (without any OC), while my max temp in the benchmark is 64 C. I think this is quite a big difference to start worrying about throttling. I have not tested the card yet in a game though.

 

As it stands I will stick to the stock levels and stock vBios which do not appear to cause any hassle. I do not really seek for extra performance gain via OC by taking the risk of frying the card.

 

Btw, I saved my vbios via the GPU-z backup button. Is this sufficient for backup purposes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 11:17 PM, maleagour said:

@noteMASTER12

 

 

Thanks for raising this. Fortunately my PSU is 240W.

 

I ran 3DMark and logged the temperature via GPU-z. My results were in line with similar non-overclocked setups. I could not observe any sign of throttling: In the Graphics tests the clock was maxed to the stock limit, but I did not see it dropping until the test finished. Also, the maximum temperature that was observed was 64 C , which is quite low.

 

Idle temp in Windows : 50 C...

 

Later on, I found via "nvidia-smi.exe -q" that the "GPU Slowdown Temp" for my card was 91 C. I do not see how my card can reach 91 C (without any OC), while my max temp in the benchmark is 64 C. I think this is quite a big difference to start worrying about throttling. I have not tested the card yet in a game though.

 

As it stands I will stick to the stock levels and stock vBios which do not appear to cause any hassle. I do not really seek for extra performance gain via OC by taking the risk of frying the card.

 

Btw, I saved my vbios via the GPU-z backup button. Is this sufficient for backup purposes?

The throttling will come soon or later. But it will not be thermal throttle it will be powerlimit throttle.

Both the Alienware m17x r3 and R4 and Alienware m18x R1 and R2 has a bug.

I have tried them all both with gtx 780m, 880m, 980m and now 1070.

They all powerthrottle in those systems. Gtx 880m was the worst.

 

If your computer crash or you force it to shut down by holding the power button. Then you will get the powerthrottle issue.

 

There is too ways to fix it.

1. Go to bios and switch to IGFX then restart and enter bios again and change it back to PEG.

 

2. When your computer is up and running then put it to hibernate for 3 second and wake it again, then the problem is gone until next time.

(It needs to be hibernate, sleep will not work.)

 

While I am here. There is a bug with the combination of windows 10, Alienware m17x r4 and sleep mode.

If you put it to sleep and wake it again, the sound card will still be at sleep and not being detected.

The fix is putting it back to sleep again and then wake it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

I was wondering if anyone can get a vbios modified in order to get a Quadro P3200 and P4200 in a dell precision 7530 and 7730 respectively to work. I bought both of the laptops with intel hd, then dell sold me the correct heatsinks, cable videos and video connectors, since they are not MXM in this case, and the video cards from a ebay seller.. Once installed I get error 43 and 45. They are recognized, but drivers are not working. Any chance anyone can help ? Willing to pay gladly to get this fixed.

 

Thanks

 

Jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I've got a Dell 8gb Nvidia 980m, just wondering if there's an undervolted vBIOS I can use to preserve it's longevity, my ASIC quality is 69.9%.

Not having TDP throttle on top of that would also be nice I suppose given I've got a 240 watt brick and previously used a modded Quadro K4100m with 115w tdp just fine with a large overclock.

 

I'm fine with stock clocks however.

attached is my stock vBIOS

980mdellGM204.rom

 

Very much appreciate it!

 

As a note:
the undervolted Alienware vBIOS on notebookreview locked to 0.9810V max caused the same issue getting 3d clocks to work, so I'm afraid my card likely requires at least 1v, but any reductions to temps vs stock would be lovely!

Edited by arbitrarygrill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the 2011 iMac world, I'm looking to see if someone can mod the voltage, power and boost table to accommodate a 880M into these machines.

The computer uses a 310W supply and the CPU uses 65W TDP (assuming a i7 2600s upgrade was done). The SSD barely uses any power, lets say 2W.

 

Appreciate very much Johnksss (for the 780M) and svl7 (for the 770M, 765M) mods that were done. These are rock stable even with intense use prolonged use of the iMac.

 

A good starting base for the mod would be the Dell ROM:

Dell.GTX880M.8192.140309.rom attached

 

A working model of an already modded ROM:

780M_EG2 attached

 

Awesome work as usual!

 

 

Dell.GTX880M.8192.140309.rom.7z

780M_EG2.7z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there. I have a little mod request of my own that may or may not be an experience. Long story very short, I recently decided to go AMD in my laptop, and in doing so, I got myself a S7100X - because Polaris hasn't seemed to work for the device I wanted to use. I'm looking for a mod to the card's VBIOS, which is in fact not signature enforced, to unlock, and modify a few values I cannot touch.

 

I do have a SPI Flasher, as well as hybrid graphics, so I have backup options in case anything odd happens.

 

My Requests

 

  • If possible, I would like for voltage, as well as TDP/clocks to be unlocked.
  • In addition to this, since I cannot modify this value in afterburner, I would like for battery power, and small battery power to be reduced 50 from 75 watts.

 

I will include two things in my post additionally. First, if it's helpful, TechPowerUp's parse on the VBIOS and relevant aspects:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/216440/216440

 

Second, the VBIOS as requested, which will be attached. I should note that Tonga/Hawaii Bios Reader does not function for this particular VBIOS and card. Likely because even though it's a sub branch of Tonga, it's more accurate that the architecture is Amethyst - which is the reason for my request. Thank you for reading!

S7100X.ROM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I would like to submit a request to unlock my BIOS for my Alienware m14xr2. I just want to be able to play my games again and the bios is locked for adjusting the gpu voltage. Help highly appreciated and I want to donate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Just wanted to know if an AMD Firepro M7820 vbios can be unlocked. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody, I want to request an unlocked video bios for my laptop MSI GE72 6QF w/ 970M 3 GB. I want to overclock it over the +135 mhz limit MSI afterburner gives me. Also undervolt it if possible?

GPU-Z shot

aqh.png

  the rom file extracted using GPU-Z https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQGIoZHayyZUR_F2WEgxXBzlmAzmCRPA/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SoulBlade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SoulBlade said:

Hello everybody, I want to request an unlocked video bios for my laptop MSI GE72 6QF w/ 970M 3 GB. I want to overclock it over the +135 mhz limit MSI afterburner gives me. Also undervolt it if possible?

GPU-Z shot

aqh.png

  the rom file extracted using GPU-Z https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iQGIoZHayyZUR_F2WEgxXBzlmAzmCRPA/view?usp=sharing

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking in, waiting for my promotion to be able to download the BIOS tools to provide my HP 8570W info to request removal/modification of the GPU whitelist. Got a M2000M I'm eager to get rolling, since I long ago upgraded to i7-3840QM, mSATA, and AC wireless. 32GB RAM from the beginning. Video is the only thing slowing me down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello svl7,
 
I hope you can help me. I have a CLEVO 7970M (V1.2) and I've seen people have had success getting it to work in the W8*0CU generation notebooks with a modded VBIOS but all the links are dead. This is the VBIOS on the card: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/148551/clevo-hd7970m-2048-120326
 
I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
 
My CLEVO W870CU
BIOS 1.00.18
EC 1.00.11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I installed the 7970M, the heatsink is correct and it even boots up because I can hear the Windows jingle in the background when it reaches the login screen but the monitor is completely blank/black!
 
I think this is a good sign though, I just need a suitable VBIOS to perform the blind flash.
 
Update: I worked it out in the end, summary here: 
Edited by Bester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello SVL,
Can you modify the bios of the alienware m15x r2 (those with the i7 940m for example)?

And could you also modify a vbios of an original MSI cg 780m GTX to make it fully compatible with my alienware m15x r2?
I found one of your vbios for 780M but ... I always had a white screen when starting and stopping the pc.
And I can't activate my sound card ...


thank you in advance,

Zero_cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello SVL,
Here is the bios of my 780m GTX.
https://www.transfernow.net/l6U1ib022021

Can you see if it is possible to make it 100% compatible with my alienware m15x (i7 940XM and 780m GTX) by changing the bios?
Edited by Zero_cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello , me too i`m trying to get some modded .inf files for GTX 970M clevo version , tnanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Klem, @svl7

Could you please look on my vBIOS?

I have a very interesting video card - Nvidia Tesla P6, but I currently can't use it cause it's switched  to the Compute mode and I can't switch it to the Graphic mode. I made a dump from the SPI programmer, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zIBgti69DQCGdcMHLE7s6cIv3l35Oe3e/view?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stas.b85 said:

Hi @Klem, @svl7

Could you please look on my vBIOS?

I have a very interesting video card - Nvidia Tesla P6, but I currently can't use it cause it's switched  to the Compute mode and I can't switch it to the Graphic mode. I made a dump from the SPI programmer, here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zIBgti69DQCGdcMHLE7s6cIv3l35Oe3e/view?usp=sharing

Hi!

No, I can't help you with Tesla card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have a G74SX model laptop, I need an unlocked bios and vbios, (in order to use the processor and graphics card at maximum frequency and, if possible, to overclock and undervolt) if anyone can help I would be very grateful. Thanks.

 

G74SX Stock Vbios

 

G74SX Stock Bios

Edited by hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Klem Not really a modification request, but a sanity check on a vBIOS from svl7 I dug up from another thread. I have a Dell 7970M with vBIOS version 015.022.000.001.

Original vBIOS extracted from the card HERE.

 

I found this vBIOS from another thread, which I think is supposed to undervolt the card to 0.975V from the stock 1.00V: HERE.

 

When comparing the two rom files, I can see that they are largely identical, only a handful of parameters seem to be changed, but since I'm not familiar with the hex files themselves, locations, formats, scaling, etc., I cannot tell what and how exactly it was modified. If you have a couple of spare minutes, could you please check if it does what I hope it does?

It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Kestranor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2021 at 1:07 PM, Kestranor said:

@Klem Not really a modification request, but a sanity check on a vBIOS from svl7 I dug up from another thread. I have a Dell 7970M with vBIOS version 015.022.000.001.

Original vBIOS extracted from the card HERE.

 

I found this vBIOS from another thread, which I think is supposed to undervolt the card to 0.975V from the stock 1.00V: HERE.

 

When comparing the two rom files, I can see that they are largely identical, only a handful of parameters seem to be changed, but since I'm not familiar with the hex files themselves, locations, formats, scaling, etc., I cannot tell what and how exactly it was modified. If you have a couple of spare minutes, could you please check if it does what I hope it does?

It would be much appreciated.

Hi!

Unfortunately, I don't work with AMD cards vbios. So, I can't help in your case. Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2021 at 2:41 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Unfortunately, I don't work with AMD cards vbios. So, I can't help in your case. Sorry.

 

Ah, sad to hear it. Appreciate the the reply though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By x86-64
      I got the S100-11IBY laptop. now and entered the boot menu to install Windows 11, but the USB is not visible on the menu. I don't think the BIOS supports 64-bits, but please MODIFY the attached BIOS firmware to support CSM and 64-bits. DOWNLOAD : https://url.kr/o5jwiy
    • By x86-64
      My laptop's CPU is i7 4700MQ, iGPU is GMA HD 4600, and dGPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX860m.
      Please send me a modified BIOS(.ROM) file with GMA HD 4600 disabled among the two graphics.
      Stock BIOS Firmware : https://url.kr/kpegx5 (4MB)
    • By -GP
      Hi, My laptop is msi ge60 2pf Apache pro.
       
      *Specs: i7 4710MQ , GTX 860M 2gb (Maxwell), 16GB RAM
       
      Could anyone please tell me a good stable overclock for Performance improvement of gaming? (For my GPU ? - please keep in mind that it couldn’t go over +135mhz & also voltage cannot be changed its locked)
       
       
    • By Vincent_8149
      Bonjour, serait-il possible de débloquer les menus cachés dans mon BIOS ? Je dois changer le comportement du ventilateur et désactiver l'option IntelSpeedStep... 
      Lien BIOS 1.8.0 au format .rcv : https://mega.nz/folder/BwsHDIyD#z4k5O7UHSa_lqqDlplC4WA
      Lien :  https://www.sendspace.com/file/lp7yrw
      Je vous serai infiniment reconnaissant si vous répondez à ma demande !
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.