BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

As it got pretty difficult for me to keep track of all the mod requests I decided to make a separate thread for bios / vbios modification requests. I hope it will make it easier for me to fulfill as many requests as possible.

If you want to request a mod make sure you read through the following guidelines / rules, posts that do not comply with them will be deleted without further notice.

Rules:

• You need to have a minimum of five approved posts (or 'T|I elite' status) in order to request a mod.
  • Make sure I didn't already modify the corresponding bios / vbios.
  • When posting a request you agree to flash and test the mod once it's done and post some feedback. (If you don't plan on using the mod then don't bother posting.)
  • I only modify stock firmware. I don't work on anything that has already been tampered with.
  • For BIOS mods I need a link to an original BIOS update directly from the vendor (no mirror link) and most likely a dump of your BIOS (see instructions below).
    I only work on the latest BIOS versions unless there's a very specific reason for using an older one (in this case you need to specify so).
    In addition to this I need a dump of your BIOS as well as some additional information, read the "BIOS backup" section below, provide all the specified files.
  • For VBIOS mods I need a copy of your original vbios. (Only as attachment in a post here or per link to cloud storage such as dropbox, gdrive etc. per PM, filehosters are not accepted).
  • No custom GPU clock requests unless it is for some reason not possible to overclock the corresponding system / GPU per software.
  • No Windows activation mods. Check MDL for this kind of request.

I can't guarantee that I will be able to fulfill a request.

While I will try to keep it fair and consider the order of the requests at least up to a certain degree I will generally work on what I want and feel up to. Popular requests might be treated with higher priority.

BIOS backup:

For Intel 7 series chipsets run the attached flashChk tool from DOS and post the created flashchk.bin file (as attachment).

Also grab this tool, run the backup.bat and send me created file. You will need to run it as administrator. If it reports and issue with the PCIe driver you have a crappy AV software and need to disable it temporarily.

If you don't use Windows let me know and I will provide a different tool.

For systems using the 8 series chipsets run the attached flashChk tool from DOS and post the created flashchk.bin file (as attachment) and wait for further instructions.

- Thread under construction, more information will be added -

flashChk.zip

Fptw64_(8_series).zip

Fpt_DOS_(8_series).zip

Edited by BAKED
  • Thumbs Up 19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey svl7,

I´m looking for a VBIOS for my 7970m with Enduro (p170em) to overvolt it.

The stock voltage is 1.05 and I would like to increase it to 1.075v.

My default VBIOS and GPU data (via AMD-Z):

VBIOS version: 015.018.000.000

VBIOS part number: P150EMPX.001

VBIOS date: 2012/03/26 05:22

Thank you very munch in advance

OMAs

P.S. I will donate your help.

Hi Svl7,

First of all thank you for your hard work on the custom vBios you provide! I would like to ask if it's possible for you to customize the GTX 680M vBios in attachment, with adjustable voltage like the vBios you made for 780M?

Thank you,

Best Regards to all

Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip

Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip

Hi, svl7) Could you please modify the GTX 770M from Sager NP8250 (Clevo P157SM)? Tnx

Let me know if everything's working as intended.

Also: I cleaned up that thread. @all who wonder about where their posts are - read the rules in the first post.

Trim discussion got moved to the AW section.

Hey svl7, could you please unlock the voltage and OC limit of the MSI GT60 770m? Thanks.

Let me know if all is working as it should.

I´m looking for a VBIOS for my 7970m with Enduro (p170em) to overvolt it.

The stock voltage is 1.05 and I would like to increase it to 1.075v.

My default VBIOS and GPU data (via AMD-Z):

VBIOS version: 015.018.000.000

VBIOS part number: P150EMPX.001

VBIOS date: 2012/03/26 05:22

Here you go.

EDIT: 770m versions moved to the Kepler mod thread.

Clevo 7970m - 015.018 - P150EM - 1.075v.zip

Clevo 7970m - 015.018 - P150EM - 1.075v.zip

• Thumbs Up 4

GimP;68057']As requested' date=' this is from asus G750JX. [ATTACH']9185[/ATTACH][ATTACH]9186[/ATTACH]

Trying to get access to modifiy BCLK and maybe memory timings, in a perfect world I would love to find a way to force the higher haswell bclk boot strap clocks, and then drop my multi. Every little bit helps when compiling. Also, GTX770m vbios attached, trying to get past +135mhz offset, increase power budget

Can you run the flashChk tool as well please?

Is the above 7970m 150/170em vbios something that will work for anyone with a 150em or is this custom for the requester only? Curious because not only can I not download it, I didn't want to presume anything without asking first! :)

Thank you in advance. I've tried leading myself to the trough so to speak but that thread with the information on how to edit your vbios yourself always locks up my browser (chrome) if I try to open page 1. Pages 2 to the end work fine, but they do not contain the important information!

Let me know if everything's working as intended.

Also: I cleaned up that thread. @all who wonder about where their posts are - read the rules in the first post.

Trim discussion got moved to the AW section.

Let me know if all is working as it should.

Here you go.

<fieldset class="postcontent" style="margin: 6px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;"><legend style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">paperclip.png.pagespeed.ce.nFUOVIz3Ty.png Attached Files</legend>

</fieldset>

Are either of these 770m bios safe for the Asus G750JX or should I just wait? Thanks in advance.

Hello svl7,

Could you change Subsystem ID GTX770M Clevo vbios to MSI vbios?

Hardware ID Clevo vbios

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_10081462&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_10081462

VGA Bios Collection: Clevo GTX 770M 3072 MB | techPowerUp

Hardware ID MSI vbios

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_10E81462&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_10E81462

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2vzetjckqgqdoc/11E0-MSI.zip

Here is Clevo_V4 vbios from Svet (En-MSI) with some weird I explain below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dn5ji9cli84gym/11E0V4.rar

In nvflash before flashing, subsystem ID changed to 10E81462, but it showed hardware ID to 0000 in Windows .

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_00001462&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_00001462

When flashing back to other vbios it shown 0000 too.

flash MSI to V4 (normal)

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x334/kiba208/MSI_vbios.jpg

flash V4 to MSI (00001462)

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x334/kiba208/MSIV4_to_MSI.jpg

Thank you in advance.

GimP;68706']...<edit> no success in getting the laptop screen to play along.

NVIDIA makes Notebook manufactures pay for licensing 3D VISION per Notebook and per GPU model...the driver checks for motherboard ID, GPU ID, presence of license and "correct" HW ID of internal emitter as well as the HW ID of the internal screen...if for example we brake the line by just changing the internal screen to another revision 3D screen from the same manufacturer, BAM no 3D...

It is possible to get stuff working, but that's not something you just hex in during the lunch brake. ;)

</edit>

• BAKED pinned this topic