BIOS / VBIOS modification request thread (svl7)

svl7

Hey SVL7 any chance of getting you to unlock the vBIOS for my Dell Inspiron 960m card? I would like to push the core beyond the intel +135mhz limit as my temps are great currently and I think this card has much more potential waiting to be used. I am willing to donate or compensate you for your time. I've never flashed a non-mxm card, but I'm sure you could provide me with a few easy steps.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

Dell Inspiron 15 7559

i7 6700HQ GTX960M 4GB

I dont want to steal your time. My only wish is an unlocked vBios :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdyvxt5j0qbrtqa/AADuZOhKm_Plxv2h8fyNsZN1a?dl=0

EDIT: 

"Boot Guard" bricks Broadwell and Skylake Laptops with enabled "Verified Boot" when trying to flash unsigned BIOS.

Error:

Boot Guard verified DXE that is fail
System will shutdown
Press any key

Edited by DasPez

11 hours ago, Klem said:

Send me your vbios. I will look.

I left a link to my bios in the post :) 

And if i'm trying to send a PM to you there is info: " Klem cannot receive messages. "

Edited by Dushnik

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, Dushnik said:

I left a link to my bios in the post :) 

And if i'm trying to send a PM to you there is info: " Klem cannot receive messages. "

:)  If you look some my previous posts on this page, then you can see my email. 

Hi. I've got MSI GE60 Apache with GTX850m. It has already bios with unlocked 135 mhz limit. However, my overclocking capabilities are very limited because of relatively low core voltage compared to other laptops with this chip (Mine is 0.95v, rest are 1.1-1.2v. For example, very similar Apache Pro with 1.125v 860m has much higher OC headroom according to one of YT video). Even the slightest change of voltage results in big core clock throttling and it's caused by too restrictive power limit. Can I ask somebody to raise this limit or remove completely ? Of course I can pay if it's needed. Thanks :)

Edited by amEX

• Bios Modder
17 hours ago, amEX said:

Hi. I've got MSI GE60 Apache with GTX850m. It has already bios with unlocked 135 mhz limit. However, my overclocking capabilities are very limited because of relatively low core voltage compared to other laptops with this chip (Mine is 0.95v, rest are 1.1-1.2v. For example, very similar Apache Pro with 1.125v 860m has much higher OC headroom according to one of YT video). Even the slightest change of voltage results in big core clock throttling and it's caused by too restrictive power limit. Can I ask somebody to raise this limit or remove completely ? Of course I can pay if it's needed. Thanks :)

Hi! Send me your file backup of bios. I will look it.

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 10:16 PM, grossy34 said:

Hello can i ask about gtx770m OC Vbios?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw5agrH-sjMZQklOcHFMUDVfTUk/view?usp=sharing

and can somebody help me how and where to rename that thing to  nvidia gtx770m i had to install a mod inf file in my g73sw and now that name appears

hbj.gif
image hosting free

Will anybody help me with that ?

Or that forum is dead?

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, grossy34 said:

Will anybody help me with that ?

Or that forum is dead?

You can try flash mod vbios from svl7. File name:  Nvidia 770m - 80.06.51.00.0F 'OC edition' - rev02.zip

Link:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/files/file/22-nvidia-kepler-gpus-modified-vbios-file-pack/

• Thumbs Up 1

• BAKED pinned this topic