Can someone supply a 8970M CLEVO vbios

John Keel

Hi, im on vacations and far away work and i can´t get my hands on a 8970M enduro_able machine ( like P150SM or P170SM).

Can someone with such a unit supply a stock vbios.

Just use ati_winflash_2.3.0, run a 3D app to activate the card, open ati_winflash and save the vbios.

Since im on vacations i have time on hands to supply moddified P370SM / P170SM / P150SM modified vbios... just sucks that at the moment im stuck with only a P370SM :(

Enjoy:

EDIT: Link removed

VBIOS AMD Radeon HD 8970M - BR44465.003 for P15XSM/P17XSM

Hi, im on vacations and far away work and i can´t get my hands on a 8970M enduro_able machine ( like P150SM or P170SM).

Can someone with such a unit supply a stock vbios.

Just use ati_winflash_2.3.0, run a 3D app to activate the card, open ati_winflash and save the vbios.

Since im on vacations i have time on hands to supply moddified P370SM / P170SM / P150SM modified vbios... just sucks that at the moment im stuck with only a P370SM :(

• Thumbs Up 2

LightningPL thank you...

Although there´s something really strange going on.

-That bios is Exactly the same that P370SM units got..

-still if you take a P370SM 8970M card and put it in a P150SM / P170SM the light that indicates that the 8970 is being used is ALWAYS ON even tough it´s actually switching

-i force flashed that bios, you can flash it using atiwinflash or even in DOS with atiflash (this was not possible with previous generation).

-i now need to get a P150SM / P170SM 8970M card to check so i can conclude that:

a) the new generation cards can be flashed from DOS... cool

B) there´s a hardware diference between the 8970M that comes with a P370SM unit and the one that comes with a P150SM / P170SM

c) the P370SM 8970m can´t handle the light indicator that tell´s you if the 8970 is active or not...

There is no hardware difference, you got those results because it is the wrong vBIOS...

...careful it is the BR44618.001 "non Enduro" one for P570WMx & P370SMx, the file above is not named correctly...

Here are the correct files for "Enduro" and "Non Enduro" Clevo cards, (which I had btw sent to your mail yesterday) ;)

57WM_AMD8970_hBR44450_007.rar

P1xSM_HD8970_BR44465.003.rar

Ohhhhh, weird, i got nothing in my e-mail.

Did you sent to my e-mail or to my work e-mail? Because im not at work.

But well that explains it. I was finding it way too weird...

One thing is for sure, when i get back to work, im going to build a Online Directory Listing with all CLEVO Vbios, i will keep an eye in all new chassis that come in and ill download all vbios and make them available in a simple and understandable way for everyone around here.

Heck if you want i can even serve original CLEVO stock BIOS and keep it updated, im setting up a modest server i can share some bandwidth.You guys around here need some web space? PM me.

Prema can you confirm if you can flash a P150SM / P170SM 8970M (with its correct vbios) in DOS? Or in my case it´s only working because it´s loaded with a P370SM vbios.

There is no hardware difference, you got those results because it is the wrong vBIOS...

...careful it is the BR44618.001 "non Enduro" one for P570WMx & P370SMx, the file above is not named correctly...

Here are the correct files for "Enduro" and "Non Enduro" Clevo cards, (which I had btw sent to your mail yesterday) ;)

Did anyone tried to flash this on a 7970m?

Just tested the 8970M with that Enduro Vbios and it´s the same... everything works fine, but the led in the chassis is always ON....

I still don´t know if this is a hardware problem or if the card that i pulled from a P370SM is different hardware or if it´s another thing... i will try with another card next week.

• 4 weeks later...

In a bit of a pinch here and am wondering if any of you guys have any other bios for the 8970m.

I have an Alienware M17x R3 and it came with BR44450.007 and I just tried BR44465.003 (thanks Prema). Both are unable to display anything on my LCD. Hopefully I will be able to find a vbios to make this thing work.

• 3 weeks later...
In a bit of a pinch here and am wondering if any of you guys have any other bios for the 8970m.

I have an Alienware M17x R3 and it came with BR44450.007 and I just tried BR44465.003 (thanks Prema). Both are unable to display anything on my LCD. Hopefully I will be able to find a vbios to make this thing work.

Try this one

BR44618.001.rar

BR44618.001.rar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hello PREMA and any one elts who knows the anser to my qestion......

Do you know if the 8970m Non Enduro clevo cards should work in older clevo laptops such as clevo w880cu, p170hm, p150hm?

i meen will the 8970m Non Enduro clevo cards fuction correctley, like the non enduro 7970m do in these laptops?

Even the newer 7970 have problems in HM series. They are essentially 8970, the original 7970 boards are no longer made, yet they are the only ones working in HM, no matter what vBIOS is used the newer batch has issues.

Is there any Support HM models 8970M vbios?

No, even the newer made 7970M don't work any longer in HM...

But the newer made 8970M still works (without a special vBios) in a P1xxEM right? I am aksing because I ordered one yesterday. :culpability:

But the newer made 8970M still works (without a special vBios) in a P1xxEM right? I am aksing because I ordered one yesterday. :culpability:

The Clevo 8970M works on P-EM models, yes.

I've been looking for a vbios that will work with an hm55 chipset (I have an Asus G73jh) would one of the posted enduro/non-enduro likely work or is there another version of the vbios I would have better luck with?

Even the newer 7970 have problems in HM series. They are essentially 8970, the original 7970 boards are no longer made, yet they are the only ones working in HM, no matter what vBIOS is used the newer batch has issues.

Prema, do you know if this just with HM series Clevo laptops or is the incompatibility related to specific to chipsets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every case is different.

Depends on Notebook model, main BIOS, 7970M MXM board revision, 7970M brand, 7970M vBIOS version as well as driver...

For example the current batch of 7970M will no longer work on Clevo P1xxHM even with the proper vBIOS, because they changed MXM designs...

• 2 months later...

Hi All, this is my first post and I am really sorry to bother you with the same question.

As far I ve understand the latest 7970M 8970M does not work anymore with clevo HM series...at this point which should be the best upgrade for a clevo HM notebook? a gtx 680m, 770m card?

Thank you