Selling my P150SM + GTX 780m + 4700MQ

Calibre41

do we have a sales section here, as the title suggest's I'm getting geared up to sell this.

I'm not overly sure what it's worth - I've never seen one 2nd hand before!

I really love the machine and I had big idea's for pushing forward some exotic copper cooler designs but I'm really not comfortable with the heat and noise level's when I'm trying to get some gaming done on the sofa (it's disturbing others in the room - mainly my other half!) and the temperature is making using it actually on my lap quite uncomfortable - it's much more a desktop replacement machine!

we'll see what happens. I'd like to hold on to it, but it's dam hard justifying the cost just so I can design a few parts - I might be better just picking up a P150HM or EM maybe even a non working, dead or damaged machine on the cheap just for the designs

planning to have a W230ST for my general everyday use

• Thumbs Up 1

I hear ya. Ever since I got my W230ST I haven't touched my P150EM and am considering selling it. The 680m may be a nice boost, but the 765m can run every game so far at similar detail levels at 1080p, at only a slight FPS hit, and dropping some details can get it back up there. At stock voltage I can get it to run +150 GPU (1050MHz) and +550 vRAM (2550MHz) and 3DMark 11 scores are low 5000's.

I'd rather pocket $1000 for my P150EM than have it sit largely unused. It's always good to have a second gaming laptop, because I'm always paranoid for those "just in case" scenarios, but I have a desktop that I can use for a week or two for gaming if it ever needs to go in for repair.

Maybe you could sell it about 20% cheaper than a new one...

I hear ya. Ever since I got my W230ST I haven't touched my P150EM and am considering selling it. The 680m may be a nice boost, but the 765m can run every game so far at similar detail levels at 1080p, at only a slight FPS hit, and dropping some details can get it back up there. At stock voltage I can get it to run +150 GPU (1050MHz) and +550 vRAM (2550MHz) and 3DMark 11 scores are low 5000's.

I'd rather pocket $1000 for my P150EM than have it sit largely unused. It's always good to have a second gaming laptop, because I'm always paranoid for those "just in case" scenarios, but I have a desktop that I can use for a week or two for gaming if it ever needs to go in for repair.

Sorry about the offtopic, but what's the temps of your W230ST ? I'm planning to change my Asus G46 (with a GTX 660M) 14" gaming laptop to this W230ST, but the smaller case and just one cooler worry me a lot...

Thanks