Alienware M14x Forum Mod Needed

Brian

• Founder

Requirements will be simple:

• Help keep thread clutter to a minimum by merging relevent threads.
  • Be an active member of the M14x forum.
  • Make sure members adhere to forum rules when needed.
  • Report issues with the M14x forum or users to super moderators (mw86 and ashtefere) or one of the admins (brian, michael, stamatis).
  • Post known issues & solutions, driver updates, documentation links and other relevant M14x related information in the first post of the M14x owners lounge. Alternatively, create a thread dedicated to the aforementioned.
  • Follow the T|I philosophy of having a good time, check your ego at the door.

If you think you have what it takes to be a T|I M14x forum moderator, PM me to apply. There is only a single position open at this time and a selection will be made at the discretion of T|I admins.

I appreciate the vote Arklight, however this could be a great opportunity to allow someone who has never moderated before the chance. Back in the old days I used to moderate for superhonda.com when import cars were popular and I had 2 honda civic si's (2k EBPSI's) that I raced.

But.. if nobody steps up and wants the job I will be happy to talk with Brian.

• Founder
I appreciate the vote Arklight, however this could be a great opportunity to allow someone who has never moderated before the chance. Back in the old days I used to moderate for superhonda.com when import cars were popular and I had 2 honda civic si's (2k EBPSI's) that I raced.

You'd make a good candidate, if you're interested, shoot me a PM.

We really appreciate the modesty Steven but to be honest there is no one else more qualify to do so(remember I am just an user). I mean I couldn't do it, I have a m17x-r1 and a m18x-r1 so i am not qualify for it.

inap aka iloveboobs has his work cut out for it, when he is not doing awesome paint mods to the AW machines he is distracting us with his wallpapers and avatars,mw86, brian,michael, ‎StamatisX and Co already part of staff. Slv7 not sure if he has a m14x-R1, So, so far I don't see who else could do it. O yes and the newsbot is to temperamental for the job, nuff said.

I vote Steven:78: "¡Andale! ¡Andale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Yii-hah!"

i agree!

PD: andale andale? Speedy was saying that in the old cartoon ... a classic! el ratón más veloz de todo México!

speedy_gonzalez.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

The only thing is... I think sometimes folks get tired of the "StevenX" opinion and have a real desire to hear from others... Truthfully I don't blame them. Getting a variety of thoughts, ideas, opinions (even when they are drastically different from yours) can help shed light on issues.

My opinion has always been as follows.. (which is much different than I was raised due to my Marine Step Father).

If I ask you, any of you to give me the number 10 with two numbers, some of you might say, easy... 10 and Zero, or 5 and 5 or 1 and 9. Others might be even more creative and say 1000 minus 990. The point is that most of the time their is many different ways to resolve a problem or provide an answer. It's not my personality to stifle creative solutions or assume that MY WAY is the best. So when it comes to moderation, It's not my style to say MY WAY or the HIGHWAY.

It's more like Let me hear your thoughts, and hear are my thoughts, what can we do to provide value to everyone.

If this sounds like something that fits the T/I mentality then let me know.

Thanks again to everyone. StevenX

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder
The only thing is... I think sometimes folks get tired of the "StevenX" opinion and have a real desire to hear from others... Truthfully I don't blame them. Getting a variety of thoughts, ideas, opinions (even when they are drastically different from yours) can help shed light on issues.

My opinion has always been as follows.. (which is much different than I was raised due to my Marine Step Father).

If I ask you, any of you to give me the number 10 with two numbers, some of you might say, easy... 10 and Zero, or 5 and 5 or 1 and 9. Others might be even more creative and say 1000 minus 990. The point is that most of the time their is many different ways to resolve a problem or provide an answer. It's not my personality to stifle creative solutions or assume that MY WAY is the best. So when it comes to moderation, It's not my style to say MY WAY or the HIGHWAY.

It's more like Let me hear your thoughts, and hear are my thoughts, what can we do to provide value to everyone.

It fits, I personally respect everybody's opinion, it doesn't mean that because a mod or an admin says it, it is 100% correct, at least in programming there are many ways to solve a problem, here we provide suggestions and advices, we don't dictate others, so when I suggest one solution/approach, it doesn't mean that someone else won't come up with a better one, or they should follow my approach because I am the admin here... I hope you see my point of view.

We have evolved as a species because of our variety and our uniqueness and I would rather see that in here as well, plus our forum targets members with critical and creative thinking, that allows them to filter what they read and take it one step further and improve it.

One thing I always try to remember though is that with great power comes great responsibility :)

• Thumbs Up 2

...it doesn't mean that because a mod or an admin says it, it is 100% correct...

Unless you're in AW section of the NBR. :P (Sorry, had to.)

Steven seems a good guy, has my voice too. :) Btw, I used to be a site admin on one of the sports betting forums :D - those were the days when I had a bit of free time.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
I hope the mod here won't ban for putting a link for the user's personal site/blog. I read that's the reason why HWiNFO's threads were deleted.. :(

We allow personal site/blog links in user signatures. And no, we don't ban people for making direct links to files, even if they are hosted on their own website.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

You pretty much summed up T|I's motto here :)

@Azn628 - PM the mods and see what they say. I don't to stifle any opportunity to allow someone the chance to do something new and get experience. I appreciate the vote of confidence but my last wish is to have any bad blood on the forums as this place is soooo much better than NBR. Take Care, StevenX

Hey, you got my approval for sure... no one seems to be more fitting at the moment than you Steven. Looking forward to your ramblings... lol no really, you mentioned no one wants to hear what you have to say... on the contrary the more voices here the more that gets discussed and more ideas flow.

• Founder

The T|I admins and moderators would like to congratulate Steven on being chosen for the M14x forum moderator position. After careful consideration, we took into account his contributions to T|I and forum activity and felt he was the best candidate for the job. We would like to thank all those that applied and will offer them a moderator position should another one become available in the future. Again, congrats Steven and welcome to the T|I family.

• Thumbs Up 4

Thanks Everyone! I appreciate the honor and will try to offer value anywhere I can and post some boobs every now and again.

I was thinking though... We might have to make our hot chicks forum a co-op (and include dude pics) as I hope we can entice more members (including females) to our ranks. NO i don't want to stifle our creative prowess to find the best looking ladies and post them but want to make sure we are inclusive of the "other sex" as well.

Am I going to get TAR'D and Feathered already?

• Thumbs Up 2