How to resolve the disappearing sound issues on M14xR2

axlastro

Hi guys. Has anyone found a way to really resolve the disappearing sound issue on our m14xr2? I read somewhere that it was connected to some of the windows updates, but which one. I actually noticed that after a fresh install (WIN 7) I don't have the issue. It's after some days of use when it starts to appear.

Has anyone had the same issue on windows 8 too?

i cant say but i am using win 7 but i get this on my m17x r4 its really annyoing espicially on calls , this is when it usally happens, when my mics on and sounds loud, mabey its the cycle of sound out of laptop into mic out of laptop ects and it has a self shut down, This seemed to happen a couple of times on my old laptop when recording with no headphone or microphone , it just picked up sounds and played them out louder. Windows updates seem to do nothing as i installed a vannilla win7 when i first got my laptop with about 2 updates, (almost broke my machine)

• 1 month later...

I also have the same issue at the moment but not with the Alienware m14x r2 but the R1 version. I upgraded from Windows 7 home to Ultimate and something is wrong with my sound when i turn it up loud. I downloaded the latest drivers and everything but doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. This didn't happen till I made the upgrade. Hopefully a solution comes up.

• 1 month later...

That's really annoying. The only solution is to put the machine to sleep and wait 30 seconds then wake it. I also have an issue with hdmi sound output - it just interrupts for a second every 2-3 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is strange, I have not had sound vanishing issues. I have had an issue where the speakers ring very loud and will not mute, forcing me to hold power until the Laptop shuts off. It sucks because this seems to have damaged my speakers. It was not from feedback or anything either, the first occurrence was when spotting a witch in Left 4 Dead 2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the same problem but I've found a solution that works for me. I just unplug the wall adaptor when I shut the system down. When I start up I leave the wall adaptor out till I hear the Windows sound. I know it sounds a bit weird but I've never had the sound problem when I did this.

• 1 month later...

guys i have had this problem many times , solution is to install your bios again.i t will resolve the issue.

keep installing if the sound doesn't come back on. I accidently did this the first time when i had this issue.

now dell is aware about the problem and suggests the same in FAQ for M14X R2