GTX780m sli overclock problem ;(

jaykc

Hello mate I am a new user who just get the Alienware 18 with 780m sli, and want to get some help for over-clocking problem ;D

I flashed the vbios to svl7 edited version, and my default clock goes from 771 -> 850 now.

However, I can't over-clock the GPU clock speed using either nvidia inspector or msi afterburner.

More precisely, I can adjust the figure but the max current clock is still up to 849 as default even I run the high demand games like GW2 and Witcher 2.

And once I over-clock the GPU clock and turn on the game for a while, my screen will just turn to black and freeze which forces me to restart.

In conclusion, I can over-clock the memory clock without any problem but struggling for the GPU over-clock, any ideas?

I am using driver 326.58 now, but I have the same problem for the 311.48 stock version too..

Everytime I try to overclock the core clock via nvidia inspector or msi afterburner, it will automatically back to the default setting after a while ;(

Are you sure that you flashed both cards? If so then it sounds like one is just a poor clocker.

I have this same exact problem, very strange. I've not had much time to dink around with it but I don't think it's a bin issue, too coincidental at this point. EDIT - Ok I dinked with it just now and it seems to be working fine. When it WASN'T working fine I was definitely on 326.x beta drivers so get rid of those crappers. I'm on the most current general release 320.49 and all is well again. FFK1fmt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i have same alienware with 780sli but everything work fine here, I didnt yet try go over 100mhz for clock and 300 for memory , no poroblems with temps when play bf4 or metro <80deg.C When I get more time ill try play more with that. Btw what is safe setup for voltage?

Max of 1.1V should be safe. You don't really need to overvolt it until you're going beyond 980MHz on the core. Going beyond that and you might need to increase the voltage, 1 step at a time.

There was one guy who said that he ran 1V for 1050MHz on his Sager, and that was amazing.